sandinista!

Armed Hate Crime Victim Decides Not to Shoot Attacker

100 posts in this topic

So you're just making sh*t up and pretending I said it and responding to it ... weird.

You talked about hate crimes in a post.

So you don't support them or think they are racist ?

You talked about hate crimes in a post.

So you don't support them or think they are racist ?

Stop trying to change the subject. All I said was that hate crimes, as they are defined today, still happen in this country. I made no comment about whether or not they are valid or racist or anything. This story is an example of what is considered a hate crime.

Stop trying to change the subject. All I said was that hate crimes, as they are defined today, still happen in this country. I made no comment about whether or not they are valid or racist or anything. This story is an example of what is considered a hate crime.

So you do think there should be hate crime laws.. easy Question

:lol: I think crime is crime. What I think, though, does not matter. Hate crimes exist, and this is an example of one. That's it, that's all.

:lol: I think crime is crime. What I think, though, does not matter. Hate crimes exist, and this is an example of one. That's it, that's all.

It is an example of a crazy person acting out. We should ban pellet guns now.

Hey Ev, let me handle this one:

I don't think there should be hate crime laws because we should all be judged under the law equally. A crime committed against any human being should weigh the same, but we know better. Minorities(women, people of non-white color) aren't judged the same. That's why hate crime laws exist.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
1357599800[/url]' post='5908350']

Of the two people in this story, you're questioning Cameron's mental health?

Ev you're drowning .... Wanna grab onto the sinking ship?

Not questioning his mental health. Just if he is willing to use the tool he carries. Some people will not fight back to save/protect themselves even if the tool is only between their ears. If he is not willing to stop the abuse/ unsolicited beating then he is at risk to have his hardware removed.

I don't think there should be hate crime laws because we should all be judged under the law equally. A crime committed against any human being should weigh the same, but we know better. Minorities(women, people of non-white color) aren't judged the same. That's why hate crime laws exist.

Oh I know why they exist. I have no idea why that's being discussed here. Someone decided to change the subject, I guess.

Ev you're drowning .... Wanna grab onto the sinking ship?

Not questioning his mental health. Just if he is willing to use the tool he carries. Some people will not fight back to save/protect themselves even if the tool is only between their ears. If he is not willing to stop the abuse/ unsolicited beating then he is at risk to have his hardware removed.

This is unreal. A guy in a mall who did the same thing was praised a hero on these very boards. We were told that he was the shining example of a responsible gun carrier.

Go away your to hard to argue with :)

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
1357605187[/url]' post='5908562']

Oh I know why they exist. I have no idea why that's being discussed here. Someone decided to change the subject, I guess.

This is unreal. A guy in a mall who did the same thing was praised a hero on these very boards. We were told that he was the shining example of a responsible gun carrier.

I'll make it easy ... Stand still and let someone come up behind you ... And start shooting you in the head. Same situation.

A simple question. What would you do?

Stand there and take the head shots?Brandish and state what you were going to do if he did not immediately stop?Or stop the threat with no further words on your part?

The killer in the mall in Oregon was not pointing a weapon at the guy with the gun unloading on him. he was behind a pillar and it was not clear if he knew he was there. Personally I think the guy is full of BS, and if he had the shot he should have taken it.

I'll make it easy ... Stand still and let someone come up behind you ... And start shooting you in the head. Same situation.

Stand there and take the head shots?Brandish and state what you were going to do if he did not immediately stop?Or stop the threat with no further words on your part?

It doesn't matter what I'd do. This guy made the decision for himself. His girlfriend was out of danger, and he didn't have a clear shot, and he chose not to shoot. That was his decision, and nobody else's life was put at risk because of it.

Again, if you'd do something differently, great. You do what's right for you. This guy didn't feel taking the shot was right, so he didn't, and that's that. To judge him negatively because you would have done it differently is stupid.

Dude, this scenario makes no sense. She would be dead before she could decide 'what to do'.

Dude, this scenario makes no sense. She would be dead before she could decide 'what to do'.

If someone shoots me in the head right away, that does kind of limit my options...

Pretty sure that isn't what happened here.

Anyway, very sad that that's what people are taking from this story.

Edited by Evylin