raven52

Confused About Where NVC is??????

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received my I 797 yesterday. Now I need a letter from NVC with a MNL number on it. I just talked to a friend on the phone who has already got his bride here from the Philippines!!! He told me that ""MY"" NVC letter will come from the consulate in Manila, and the I 797 does say, "your petition has been approved and forwarded to the appropriate consulate" and the NVC for me is in the consulate at Manila and my beneficiary will also get a copy with the MNL number on it probably before I get a hard copy.,.,YOUR thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated, and any opinions on how long it takes to get this MNL number???

Thank you in advance for any information!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received my I 797 yesterday. Now I need a letter from NVC with a MNL number on it. I just talked to a friend on the phone who has already got his bride here from the Philippines!!! He told me that ""MY"" NVC letter will come from the consulate in Manila, and the I 797 does say, "your petition has been approved and forwarded to the appropriate consulate" and the NVC for me is in the consulate at Manila and my beneficiary will also get a copy with the MNL number on it probably before I get a hard copy.,.,YOUR thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated, and any opinions on how long it takes to get this MNL number???

Thank you in advance for any information!

You can call NVC on monday and ask for your MNL case number.

NVC phone number: 603-334-0700

or you can send email inquiry to: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Refer to this site: http://travel.state..../info_3177.html

NVC is not in the US embassy in Manila. It is in Portsmouth, NH.

Edited by let-it-be

The National Visa Center (NVC) is located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The USCIS sends approved I-129F petitions to the NVC which assigns them a case number and forwards them to the appropriate Embassy. In your case, the NVC will forward your approved petition to the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM).

NVC link.

If you already have your MNL case number from the NVC, then your beneficiary should go ahead and pay the visa application fee at BPI, schedule an interview appointment, and complete the medical.

If you have not received your MNL case number, you should call the NVC and get it. There's no need to wait for the NVC.

The letter from the USEM is not the same thing as the letter from the NVC. Once the USEM receives your case from the NVC, the USEM is supposed send a letter to the beneficiary telling them that they are eligible to schedule an interview and giving them interview preparation instructions. However, you don't want to wait around for that letter because you'll waste a month or more doing so. Some people never receive the letter. Instead, get your MNL case number from the NVC and get rolling right now.

USEM letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Great answers from very competent people!!!

You can read how it works here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.