6 posts in this topic

Ok, I've tried to find an answer to this but have not been able to find one. We're filling out the AOS along with the EAD & AP forms & are stuck on the AP form. On the form it asks for specific travel dates... What if we don't have any specifics? What if it's just to have the AP form to be able to travel to his home country? I was under the impression that this type of travel was ok, but some things I've been reading makes it seem like it's only for emergencies. Please advise so I can finish up the paperwork & send it in! Thanks so much everyone for all of your help!!

Danielle & Santiago

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are many many posts about this. Put "unknown" for date and length of trip. Don't include an attachment explaining why you're eligible, because you're eligible based on AOS.

There are many many posts about this. Put "unknown" for date and length of trip. Don't include an attachment explaining why you're eligible, because you're eligible based on AOS.

While I'm sure there are many posts about this specific answer in the thousands and thousands of posts, I found it a lot easier to ask than spend hours looking for that one specific post that has my answer. I searched many topics & sites before I asked!! Thank you for the answer... It appears that it wasn't that hard to answer, and possibly it will help someone else who happens to be looking for this specific answer right at the moment. If you're not picking up on the sarcasm, my point is: "there are many posts about this" was an unnecessary addition to your answer. Once again, I greatly appreciate your helping me with my paperwork.

Danielle

good.gif This is what we did and were just fine!

Sirdaniel, thank you so much!!! I looked at the example form & even that had a date on it, & when I went to the government website it made it seem like it could only be done for emergencies, however on here I saw that everyone did it with their AOS. I'm glad to have it straightened out!!

Danielle

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

While I'm sure there are many posts about this specific answer in the thousands and thousands of posts, I found it a lot easier to ask than spend hours looking for that one specific post that has my answer. I searched many topics & sites before I asked!! Thank you for the answer... It appears that it wasn't that hard to answer, and possibly it will help someone else who happens to be looking for this specific answer right at the moment. If you're not picking up on the sarcasm, my point is: "there are many posts about this" was an unnecessary addition to your answer. Once again, I greatly appreciate your helping me with my paperwork.

While I appreciate you wanted a "speedy" answer, it is better than you search first otherwise the forums will be filled with repeated questions and answers. This is the standard for using the forums. I understand you might be a little new or didn't realise this is what you're *supposed* to do first so jut FYI :)

**Edit - this is why some topics start with "I did a search but couldn't find the answer..." because people don't like answering the same qn over and over again when a simple search would have yielded a result. This specific question is VERY common. Same with "Is there a fee for filing EAD and AP?". Though I suppose if you're not on the forums a lot you wouldn't realise this... do a quick search and you've done your "due diligence".

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

While I appreciate you wanted a "speedy" answer, it is better than you search first otherwise the forums will be filled with repeated questions and answers. This is the standard for using the forums. I understand you might be a little new or didn't realise this is what you're *supposed* to do first so jut FYI :)

**Edit - this is why some topics start with "I did a search but couldn't find the answer..." because people don't like answering the same qn over and over again when a simple search would have yielded a result. This specific question is VERY common. Same with "Is there a fee for filing EAD and AP?". Though I suppose if you're not on the forums a lot you wouldn't realise this... do a quick search and you've done your "due diligence".

As I've already stated several times(I know what I'm *supposed* to do), I DID search for the answer... and it wasn't a QUICK search! I have a job and a family, and do not have hours to sit and look for something because someone doesn't like answering a question. After over 30 minutes(on this site-plus more on the general internet), I believe my "due diligence", as you say, was done! Thank you

Beginning sentence to my OP: "Ok, I've tried to find an answer to this but have not been able to find one."

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.