Maxheadspace

Papers Needed for Petition

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé is a Filipina currently living in the United Arab Emirates, where we met. Since she is not physically in the Philippines now, it is taking a while to get some of her required documentation. So my question is, do I need all of the supporting documentation to be filed with the petition, i.e., police reports, birth certificate, annulment papers? Or can I submit the petition without all the supporting documents, and have her provide them when she files the visa application?

Many thanks!

Max

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

.It is highly recommended to follow VJ guides. Follow the instructions with all detail. If you submit the documentation incomplete, the only thing you would find is more delays and dissappointments plus the stress of guessing what will be the outcome. We did take our chances with my fiance divorce decree (sending only a simple copy with the I179F) and we wasted more time with the RFE we got than taking a few days to get the right document. So, for your peace of mind, start the process in a proper way and avoid RFEs which can result in wasting time, efforts and money... Don't you think so?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We did take our chances with my fiance divorce decree (sending only a simple copy with the I179F) and we wasted more time with the RFE we got than taking a few days to get the right document.

I appreciate the reply!

Are you saying you needed to submit original copies of your divorce papers? Hasn't that changed? There is a statement now included with the packet stating that originals are available if needed. I'm also concerned about the police reports. The report my fiancé obtained from the Arab Emirates states that it is only valid three months. If it is needed for both the petition and the visa interview, it will be expired by the time she has her interview. Are the police reports needed to be submitted with the petition? The instructions on this site seem to say that they are not. But when I read the instructions for I-129, the police reports were shown as documents required. I'm hoping they mean at the visa interview, not the petition.

Thanks for your response!

Max

My fiancé is a Filipina currently living in the United Arab Emirates, where we met. Since she is not physically in the Philippines now, it is taking a while to get some of her required documentation. So my question is, do I need all of the supporting documentation to be filed with the petition, i.e., police reports, birth certificate, annulment papers? Or can I submit the petition without all the supporting documents, and have her provide them when she files the visa application?

You should submit your fiancée's annulment finality along with your I-129F packet because it will help fulfill the USCIS requirement that she's free to marry. You might want to include her annotated marriage certificate too. She will also need a copy of her annulment papers for her medical at St. Lukes and again when she attends the CFO seminar.

Your fiancée will submit her UAE police report at her Embassy interview. Also, she will submit her NBI clearance at her Embassy interview.

Here's the letter the U.S. Embassy is supposed to send your fiancée once they receive your approved petition. It tells the beneficiary that they are eligible to schedule an interview and it gives them interview preparation instructions: USEM letter.

...when I read the instructions for I-129, the police reports were shown as documents required.

I can't find anything on the I-129F or it's instructions where it mentions the beneficiary's police report. Where did you see that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.