tmgkohler

Change of Address

3 posts in this topic

Thursday my wife (CR1 Visa) got her letter from USCIS about her removal of conditions. The problem is it was sent to the old address. I know I did the change of address back in November 2011 for the both of us cause I got the NOA about the change of address for me, but I never received a NOA about my wife's change of address. When a week past I came here and some said they never got NOA either about their wife's change of address. I did the mailed AR-11 instead of the online cause it didn't have Guam listed for the Port of Entry. I went and did the AR11 again online this time and put other for the port of entry. Has anyone had any problems with removal of conditions cause problem with ar11? I'm just worried they will send my wife back or charge us the 200 dollar penalty.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thursday my wife (CR1 Visa) got her letter from USCIS about her removal of conditions. The problem is it was sent to the old address. I know I did the change of address back in November 2011 for the both of us cause I got the NOA about the change of address for me, but I never received a NOA about my wife's change of address. When a week past I came here and some said they never got NOA either about their wife's change of address. I did the mailed AR-11 instead of the online cause it didn't have Guam listed for the Port of Entry. I went and did the AR11 again online this time and put other for the port of entry. Has anyone had any problems with removal of conditions cause problem with ar11? I'm just worried they will send my wife back or charge us the 200 dollar penalty.

Hello,

The exact same thing happened to us. The reminder letter from USCIS about the Removal of Conditions was sent to our old address, and we were concerned about USCIS not having our current address for the I-751. Apparently this is a very common scenario. The kind folks on VJ told me not to worry about it and just to submit the I-751 with our current address on it. Also, just so you know, we received confirmation via mail for my Sponsor's Change of Address, but we NEVER received confirmation for my husband's AR-11. So apparently that's pretty typical, too.

We just submitted our I-751 packet on Dec. 31, 2012, so I don't yet know if there will be any issues. However, it seems this same situation happens to a lot of folks...for what it's worth.

-Fitzy :)

2010-05-24 - I-130 packet sent

2010-06-01 - I-130 NOA1 online

2010-06-03 - Touched

2010-06-04 - NOA1 received in mail

2010-07-07 - Change of Address Online

2010-07-09 - Touched

2010-07-10 - Touched

2010-10-25 - NOA2 (approval date)

2010-10-30 - NOA2 letter received in mail

2010-11-01 - NVC Received

2010-11-10 - AOS fee paid online

2010-11-12 - DS-3032 emailed and received by NVC

2010-11-19 - IV fee paid online

2010-12-20 - IV packet sent

2010-12-23 - IV packet received by NVC

2011-01-11 - SIF--review completed by NVC

2011-02-01 - Medical in Dublin

2011-02-15 - Dublin -- INTERVIEW CANCELLED, rescheduled in London ??

2011-02-22 - 8:00 am Interview in London--Result: Still not quite sure!

2011-02-22 - 12:00 pm? Medical in London (second medical--Dublin medical not accepted in London)

2011-02-25 - Medical arrived at the London Embassy

2011-03-04 - VISA APPROVED (date is approximate) :):)

2011-03-08 - Visa delivered to beneficiary in Northern Ireland

2011-03-17 - POE

2012-12-31 - mailed I-751 packet

2013-01-07 - check for I-751 cashed by "CSC Field Office Payment"

2013-01-03 - NOA (received in the mail on 2013-01-11)

2013-01-30 - Biometrics Appointment

2013-03-17 - 2-year Conditional Green Card expires

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

That's common, you don't have to worry about it at all. I changed my address when I applied for my I 485, still my green card came in the old address. Thank God it was my in laws house. The reminder also will be in the old address. I recieved that in the old address even after 2 years from changing the address. After you file I751 you just put the new address where you living at, and that's all. I think that they forget to update their system for the change of address, or their system doesn't update at all. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.