Bad_Daddy

Detroit reports highest homicide rate in 20 years

29 posts in this topic

Why would you think the legal gun owners don't?

A pizza deliveryman killed a would-be armed robber last night in a failed ambush on Detroit's eastside that also resulted in the arrest of two suspected accomplices.

Feb. 21, wxyz.com: Police say the delivery man, who has a CCW, pulled out his own gun to defend himself. He shot and killed one of the men. The others ran away.

DETROIT (WJBK) -

An attempted home invasion ends with a deadly shooting. The man who pulled the trigger is 73 years old. He was armed and ready after being targeted last week.

Detroit police tell us a man who was likely in his mid 30's is dead because he broke into a home on the city's west side. The homeowner says two men tried to break into his home on Sunday.

On Thursday, he heard a noise coming from downstairs. He knew something was not right, so he grabbed his gun to see what was going on and he encountered a stranger he believed was one of the men who tried to rob him before.

Police tell us the bad guy had kicked in the front door and walked in but the man of the house was right there and opened fire. One shot to the chest.

The suspect ran out of the house and collapsed in the driveway of the home next door, where he died.

Police do not know who the suspect is. He did not have an ID, so right now, he is a John Doe.

Right now, the homeowner is being questioned by homicide detectives.

Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:49:55 AM by marktwain

DETROIT -

A Detroit woman's confrontation Thursday morning with a group of intruders in her home on the city's west side ended with one of them being shot dead.

It all unfolded in the 17500 block of Appoline at about 10 a.m.

Family members of the 38-year-old woman told Local 4 she heard the men break into her home and found them in her kitchen, handling a gun they had found in her purse.

The family members said one of the men tried to go upstairs but was shot in the head by the woman, who used another gun she had in her home.

Three other men ran off, two of them got into a white Ford Taurus.

Police sources confirm the family’s account and took the woman in for further questioning.

She was released back to her family a couple of hours later.

Her family also said she has a concealed weapons permit and she knows how to shoot.

Neighbors were shocked but said the woman did what she had to do.

“There was no other way. It was either her or him," said John Swanson.

But why aren't registered gun owners able to stop all the homicides? Surely the point of gun ownership(legal or otherwise) is to deter people from resorting to using guns? Also where do illegal guns come from?

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

You also pointed out that being poor doesnt necessarily result in crime.

There are lower crime rates among poor fending for themselves and their families than poor depending on government subsidies and that's a fact. The same liberals who want to limit freedom of self-defense also create and sustain the "bored poor" class and it is among this class that the majority of crime originates.

I've pointed this out before. I know that being black has nothing to do with it, but poverty and no jobs, plus lack of education affects all races.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

You also pointed out that being poor doesnt necessarily result in crime.

There are lower crime rates among poor fending for themselves and their families than poor depending on government subsidies and that's a fact. The same liberals who want to limit freedom of self-defense also create and sustain the "bored poor" class and it is among this class that the majority of crime originates.

It's a mixture of different things, that' why I included crime and lack of education. I grew up in a poor neighborhood, but back then we didn't have alot of crime or drugs, so we could hang out until the street lights came on and sometimes after that. But around the early 90's that went away, crack found it's way into my block, and things got worse. Now that same street is so bad my cousin had to get me off the street before someone took a shot at me. He carries a gun for protection just like the rest of the folks down there, and it's still a mess.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Wow, we slipped to number 8, glad to be improving. No surprise ESL is #1, just left from over there again. The mechanic that worked on my car left has coat in there, had to take it to him. Glad it was still sun up when we went over there.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I've pointed this out before. I know that being black has nothing to do with it, but poverty and no jobs, plus lack of education affects all races.

Blacks commit more murders than whites. Minorities are responsible for the majority of crime. And you hit the nail on the head for the reasons why. It isn't the color of ones skin.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Blacks commit more murders than whites. Minorities are responsible for the majority of crime. And you hit the nail on the head for the reasons why. It isn't the color of ones skin.

It's probably due to lack of government help like no interest loans, SBA loans, government grants for college, government housing, etc... I blame the US government for not doing enough. There should be more government handouts.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

It's probably due to lack of government help like no interest loans, SBA loans, government grants for college, government housing, etc... I blame the US government for not doing enough. There should be more government handouts.

The government isn't helping in the right way. It has bred generations of welfare recipients. Education it the way out of poverty.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

The government isn't helping in the right way. It has bred generations of welfare recipients. Education it the way out of poverty.

Do you have any idea what government grants minorities are entitled to as far as higher education? Try ####### loads. Danno could explain this better but he's on hiatus atm.

sigbet.jpg

Do you have any idea what government grants minorities are entitled to as far as higher education? Try ####### loads. Danno could explain this better but he's on hiatus atm.

But obviously the ones who are staying on welfare and using drugs, committing crimes, gang members etc aren't taking advantage of the educational benefits. They should take advantage of these programs to better their situation, not to maintain the status quo.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

But obviously the ones who are staying on welfare and using drugs, committing crimes, gang members etc aren't taking advantage of the educational benefits. They should take advantage of these programs to better their situation, not to maintain the status quo.

Yep you have the correct answer imo but I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

Click on the links I posted of the past Detroit mayors since 1973 and click onto this link down below. Now add Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to the mix. And remember these people were voted in by majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

Marion Barry

sigbet.jpg

Yep you have the correct answer imo but I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

Click on the links I posted of the past Detroit mayors since 1973 and click onto this link down below. Now add Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to the mix. And remember these people were voted in by majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

Marion Barry

Good old crack smokin' Barry. And he got elected again after the crack incident. That says a lot about the voters.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

Hello and regards,

I am not an expert on this topic but if so many people are unable to resolve business related conflicts without violence why not just reduce the conflicts by reducing the business. Just use covert funding to let one business faction gain a monopoly, and reducing the number of conflicts based on competition. It would probably cut the number of homicides in half and promote market stabilization. Following this the commodity itself could be subsidized so that consumers reduce their need to commit crimes to obtain income for their products.

This will make the city more attractive to relocating businesses and others.

Sincerely and regards,

Nascarfan

Edited by nascarfan