P A U L

fiancee moving to different city

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

my fiancee lives in ussuriysk, and plans to move to moscow...

is it true she will not be allowed to see a doctor in moscow unless she is registered as a resident or something in moscow??

will this affect the medical exam portion of the K-1 process?

Check the U.S. embassy website for the approved medical centers. I'm sure you will find one listed in Moscow. When people in Russia or Ukraine hear that someone is planning to leave the country for marriage there is usually a lot of bad information given to the visa applicant. They have been told they need tax clearances, special waivers of all sorts, various medical tests, etc. Most if it is pure BS.

You have three reliable sources at your disposal. They are the USCIS website, the U.S. Embassy website for your fiancee's country and VJ. Anything else is probably not reliable. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

well, she is native to russia, and she said she won't be seen at moscow hospitals unless she's registered there or some bs. so i figured i'd double check...

she won't run into any problems trying to be seen by the USCIS approved hospitals for her physical examination?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've heard the same info too, that one need to have прописка, to be registered in the city, to be seen by a doctor. Now, this is not personally confirmed, just telling what I have been told once.

The good part of it is that it won't by any means influence her medical exam for her interview. In Moscow this exam can be passed only in 2 centers that are approved by US embassy and listed on their website. As long as she goes to one of these centers and pays the fee, she will be fine. They couldn't care less where she lives, registered or not. Good luck!

Edited by StarGirl

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've heard the same info too, that one needs to have прописка, to be registered in the city, to be seen by a doctor. Now, this is not personally confirmed, just telling what I have been told once.

The good part of it is that it won't by any means influence her medical exam for her interview. In Moscow this exam can be passed only in 2 centers that are approved by US embassy and listed on their website. As long as she goes to one of these centers and pays the fee, she will be fine. They couldn't care less where she lives, registered or not. Good luck!

Sorry, for the double post... typing from cell, so far isnt going too smooth headbonk.gif

Edited by StarGirl

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

is it true she will not be allowed to see a doctor in moscow unless she is registered as a resident or something in moscow??

Will not affect medical.

Anything else can be addressed with a bribe. Moscow requires you register your address, even as a visitor. The USA could not possibly care less if she complies with this rule.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Not at all. The medical exams are not part of the government-provided health-care system. They are private and you must pay for this service. The majority of the people there in Moscow the day we did our exams were all doing it as part of the visa process for the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.