Mark-Ina

One of my biggest concerns about USCIS is the lack of transparency in the process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi, Everyone:

This is a revival of an old topic started here on this site:

This website is a useful tool for obtaining information but it seems to me that we're still operating as individuals rather than a group. With some targeted political activism, it seems to me we'd have a better chance of getting results.

As I enter my eighth month of waiting, and trying the Service Ticket, contacting my congressmen and talking to the best immigration attorneys, I finally realized that I could be waiting for another 6 months to a year without getting any information back from VSC.

One of my biggest concerns about USCIS is the lack of transparency in the process and having to rely on a site like VJ for information and support.

It has been another attempt for a protest initiated at VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

Here are some of the ideas:

1. Letter writing campaign.

2. Demonstrations in several cities, with media outreach.

3. Website designed specifically to inform public about these issues.

Have these already gotten underway? If not, are people willing to volunteer a few hours to work on this? Does anyone have political organizing experience? Can we coordinate with immigrant rights groups? Any thoughts?

Edited by Mark-Ina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would be all over this anyway I could be. I mean this really is unacceptable for all of us. I understand being backed up and bogged down I know nature had a bit of a run on one of the service centers too but I dont even feel like any kind of human compassion is available in this process.

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

To be honest I wouldnt mind the 8 month wait (May filer) if everyone was waiting 8 months and thats what we were expecting.

When you're told 5 months and then lots of people wait either 3,4,5 or 6 months whereas others have to wait longer seems completely unfair.

Why the whole system is not electronic to start with I have no idea.

2012-02-27 We get married while living together in Australia
2012-03-25 She moves back to US, He moves back to UK
2012-03-26 She applies for UK visa
2012-04-06 UK Visa approved (10 days!)
2012-05-10 She moves to UK

2012-05-10 Sent I-130
2012-05-16 NOA1
2013-01-16 NOA2

2013-01-21 NVC Case received
2013-02-12 NVC number & IIN received
2013-02-13 AOS Invoiced & DS-3032 sent
2013-02-25 DS-3032 accepted
2013-02-26 IV invoiced - AOS & IV Paid
2013-02-29 IV & AOS packages sent
2013-03-01 IV & AOS packages arrived
2013-04-02 Case somplete/Interview Scheduled

2013-04-04 Medical
2013-05-28 Interview - Accepted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.