Kweli

Originals for affidavit?

9 posts in this topic

In packet 3 , I should provide an affidavit of support. Is it possible that someone other than the US citizen sponsors me? Should I have that person send me the originals of the bank statement and employer statement? Will the consulate ask for these originals?

I have another question: Must the sponsor absolutely be a USC or a permanent resident?

K1

May 21st 2006: Entered the USA on a K1 visa

July 2nd 2006: Marriage ceremony

Oct 10th 2006:Received Green Card

REMOVING CONDITIONS

August 12th 2008: Sent I 751 to CSC

Dec 5th 2008: Green Card in the mail

NATURALIZATION

Dec 4th: Sent N 400

March 18th: Interview

May 24th 2011: Oath in Minneapolis. Journey is over.

In packet 3 , I should provide an affidavit of support. Is it possible that someone other than the US citizen sponsors me? Should I have that person send me the originals of the bank statement and employer statement? Will the consulate ask for these originals?

I have another question: Must the sponsor absolutely be a USC or a permanent resident?

1. You can have a cosponsor in addition to the USC sponsor

2. Yes they must be a USC or permanent resident.

3. Yes send originals

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

1. You can have a cosponsor in addition to the USC sponsor

2. Yes they must be a USC or permanent resident.

3. Yes send originals

ditto

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

whats the difference between a sponcer and co-sponcer?

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

whats the difference between a sponcer and co-sponcer?

As I understand it, the sponsor is the USC, and a co-sponsor is someone the USC uses to help them meet the financial requirments to bring their fiance to the US.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Oh ok! :thumbs: ta

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Oh ok! :thumbs: ta

:)

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I have a question regarding the tax returns, 1099's etc. needed to support the income needed for the I-134.

First, I am the USC and I am on disability, not working. That is my only income. On my 1099 from SS it states that part of my disability income may be taxable if I make additional income. I read that if the sponsor is not required to file tax return they needed to write a letter listing the reason they are not to file. And they also want a copy of the IRS booklet page where it backs up that reason. I have written a letter telling them that I did not file because I am disabled and only receive disability income. And refer them to the copy of my 1099. I also have a copy of my 1099. Question: Is this sufficient or is it necessary that I attach a copy of the IRS publication page where it backs up my reason?

Second question: My parents are to be our co-sponsors and will fill out their own I-134's. Regarding the tax return copies needed and 1099's, etc., can all these be plain photocopies or must I send my parents original 1099 copies as well as order a certified copy of the 3 years tax returns from IRS?

Third question: Since the I-134 does not list any requirements for needed income, is it safe to go with the 125% Poverty Level Guidelines used for the I-864? My parents are both retired and have SS income plus anuity income that meets that.

Would appreciate any help please. :help:

I have a question regarding the tax returns, 1099's etc. needed to support the income needed for the I-134.

First, I am the USC and I am on disability, not working. That is my only income. On my 1099 from SS it states that part of my disability income may be taxable if I make additional income. I read that if the sponsor is not required to file tax return they needed to write a letter listing the reason they are not to file. And they also want a copy of the IRS booklet page where it backs up that reason. I have written a letter telling them that I did not file because I am disabled and only receive disability income. And refer them to the copy of my 1099. I also have a copy of my 1099. Question: Is this sufficient or is it necessary that I attach a copy of the IRS publication page where it backs up my reason?

Second question: My parents are to be our co-sponsors and will fill out their own I-134's. Regarding the tax return copies needed and 1099's, etc., can all these be plain photocopies or must I send my parents original 1099 copies as well as order a certified copy of the 3 years tax returns from IRS?

Third question: Since the I-134 does not list any requirements for needed income, is it safe to go with the 125% Poverty Level Guidelines used for the I-864? My parents are both retired and have SS income plus anuity income that meets that.

Would appreciate any help please. :help:

Well, I don't know many of the answers, but I can tell you that it would definitely be safe to go with the 125% poverty level as your guideline. The I-134 does not have a specific number like the I-864 but many Embassys judge it (the I-134) with either 100% or 125% of poverty level, so I'd go with the higher number to be safe :)

As far as originals and copies go, you should probably send both. Sometimes the Embassy likes to keep a copy but they usually also want to just see the original, so go ahead and get those originals and make copies for the Embassy to keep should they want them.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.