Emerald

Flying into Hawaii from Sydney Aus

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there,

we are hoping to have all my visa done etc to be out of here by June. We will be travelling with 3 kids under 5 and our destination is Roswell New Mexico.

Normally we fly, Sydney to San Fran, San Fran to Albuquerque, stay overnight in albuquerque then a 3 hour drive to Roswell New Mexico.

If we can't fly to san fran then we go

Sydney to La, La to Phoenix or denver, then to albuquerque, then stay over. The next day we then do the 3hr drive to Roswell New Mexico.

As you can see it's pretty tiring doing all that with 3 kids.

Hubby and i thought maybe it's better if we fly from Sydney to Hawaii, stay in Hawaii for 2 days, then fly to San Fran or La, and so on so on, Stopping still in Albuquerque for the night also.

We think this will be easier on the kids and on us, and gives us that little break in Hawaii before we arrive and go head strong into setting ourselves up.

So who has flown into Hawaii from Sydney? Was it cheaper to do it this way? Who did you fly with? what was immigration like with your visa (i'm applying for the spousal visa). Where is a good place with kids to stay? We arn't fussy on how expensive a hotel etc is... just a bed to land on and some down time.

Any thoughts/ ideas, experiences,i'd love to hear!!!

Thanks

Emerald

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You might want to ask Lorelle (aussiewench) she flew sydney to Hawaii with Hawaii as her POE.

:)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

we are hoping to have all my visa done etc to be out of here by June. We will be travelling with 3 kids under 5 and our destination is Roswell New Mexico.

I have never made that flight, but you may want to keep in mind the peak tourist season begins in June for Hawaii. Flights and hotel will cost more. It depends on where you want to stay, beach...no beach...etc as tot he cost. If cost is not an issue I suggest the Hawiian Hilton, center of Waikiki, direct access to the beach, walking distance to almost everything. They actually offer marriage cermonies on te Hotel grounds. BTW marriage license in Hawaii is same day, no waiting. Ken

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Emerald

I flew Sydney, Honolulu, LAX, Florida, with Honolulu as my POE. Flew Qantas end of July just gone with ticket costing $1400US. I will check who hubby booked flight through if you like, but I do know it was online.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thanks, it looks like we can fly from Sydney, Honolulu, Phoneix, Albuquerque......

I am hoping to drop into flight centre or STA Travel to see what they can offer also.

Thanks

Emerald

I flew Sydney, Honolulu, LAX, Florida, with Honolulu as my POE. Flew Qantas end of July just gone with ticket costing $1400US. I will check who hubby booked flight through if you like, but I do know it was online.

My ticket was booked through Travelocity online. Qantas puts on a special flight that takes you all the way to the mainland with a layover in Honolulu. Normally this flight only takes you as far as Hawaii itself apparently. I did find that booking through flight center etc was more expensive when I was making my enquiries.

Thanks, it looks like we can fly from Sydney, Honolulu, Phoneix, Albuquerque......

I am hoping to drop into flight centre or STA Travel to see what they can offer also.

Thanks

Emerald

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

thanks aussiewench i'll have a look see what i can find.

My ticket was booked through Travelocity online. Qantas puts on a special flight that takes you all the way to the mainland with a layover in Honolulu. Normally this flight only takes you as far as Hawaii itself apparently. I did find that booking through flight center etc was more expensive when I was making my enquiries.

Thanks

Emerald

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.