P A U L

B-2 from Russia, easy or not?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

so, i petitioned for K-1 for my fiancee, however she wants to come visit me, and i can't go there due to work (saving my vacation days so i can go for her K-1 interview) so i was wondering how difficult it would be for her to receive a tourist visa..

she has....no work..no money..nothing under her name. her sis loaned her 5000 dollars to put into her bank account, and her parents are willing to put their home under her name...but upon very little research, the consulate is not going to approve with just that since there is little history in regards to making sure she returns to russia. would it really be that difficult?

can she not visit even though we've already filed for a K-1 non-immigrant visa (that is with intent to immigrate)?

i mean..she will visit, and she'll eventually need to return for her K-1.

She can try for a visitor visa, but it is not a good idea to try to swindle the government by making it seem as though those things are hers.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Timeline

virtually no chance....what could she realistically say are the reasons she 'must' return? No job, no property (except the transparent attempt to transfer title, a ruse that VOs have seen all too often), a dummied up bank account (which can be emptied in seconds anyway) and an American fiance....is she going to say..'gosh, I have to return to take care of my parents...'..really...then who is going to take care of them when she travels to the US with the K1, marries and takes up residence there? Why would the VOs believe that you two would have the ever popular 'change of mind' moments after she collects her baggage, run off to marry and begin the AOS process in the US? Merely promising that won't happen is futile. There have been far too many young, single Russian women who have skipped out on tourist visas, many with far more (at least, in theory) ties to Russia than your fiancee has...IMHO, a total waste of time and money.

No work?

Not enrolled in university?

USC fiance?

K1 petition filed showing immigrant intent?

Nope. Sorry your fiance will not be getting a visa. She would have a much better chance (still small but better) if she had a job but no property.

Does she want to see America or you? Because I would suggest a weekend trip in a 3rd county that doesn't require Russians to have a visa. It's that or sit an wait on the K1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

so, i petitioned for K-1 for my fiancee, however she wants to come visit me, and i can't go there due to work (saving my vacation days so i can go for her K-1 interview) so i was wondering how difficult it would be for her to receive a tourist visa..

she has....no work..no money..nothing under her name. her sis loaned her 5000 dollars to put into her bank account, and her parents are willing to put their home under her name...but upon very little research, the consulate is not going to approve with just that since there is little history in regards to making sure she returns to russia. would it really be that difficult?

can she not visit even though we've already filed for a K-1 non-immigrant visa (that is with intent to immigrate)?

i mean..she will visit, and she'll eventually need to return for her K-1.

Not easy at all. IF she has had or can get a Shengen visa and make a visit to some EU country, then she would have a better chance. Otherwise she is a young, single woman with no visible ties to Russia, no history if international travel to the west and return, engaged to a US citizen, the beneficiary of an I-129f petition and applying for a tourist.

They will assume she will "visit", get married and apply for adjustment of status without returning, or just remain illegally

Um, no.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.