bax

Marriage Cert Sent back???

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So, in the mail today we received a package from CSC. I was hoping it was the green card, as we applied for it last January, however, it was our marriage certificates (we sent two in with the I-485). There was no letter as to why they were sent back - nothing - just the two certificates.

Does anybody know what this means?

We contacted our congressman for help about 1.5 months ago - they were told it would take approx 45 days for us to get a response. So, I know that is what got this moving, but what do I make of this?

Also - we have moved since we originally filed. We updated our address in August, and twice in October. Every time I call they say they have the right address on file, however, this package was sent to our old address!! It drives me crazy b/c what if that was his green card?! How do I make sure they send it to the right place when it shows up in their system as our new address??

I'm so frustrated, any guidance would be appreciated!!

Timeline

Thank you for the link, we have done that. We've actually updated them 3 times...we got a piece of mail from USCIS about 1 month ago confirming our new address - but then this mail was sent to the old address. That's what's confusing.

Have you ever heard of marriage certificates being returned? I'm googling it but can't find a thing on it...

Timeline

Sorry to hear that. But I am not so aware of that about the returning of your marriage certificates. You should call USCIS service number and find out.

It's the first thing I plan to do Monday morning :) I was just hoping somebody might be able to ease my worrying before then! Lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It's the first thing I plan to do Monday morning :) I was just hoping somebody might be able to ease my worrying before then! Lol

:thumbs:Have fun on hold.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Here's another who posted the same thing just a few days ago. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/406201-marriage-certificate-returned/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.