JennyLee

Administrative Review...how long to check status?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

My husband had his interview Dec 26th, and he said everything went really smoothly. But he got an AP. When we try to check it, it says our case is not in the system. How long does it take to show up? We are just waiting now...hopefully he will hear something soon I hope! Any advice to people who has gotten an AP? When can you at least check your status online? Does it take a long time?..Thanks for any advice! :unsure:

Jenny

It can take days or years. There really is no way to anticipate how long.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the reply........I hope sooner then years!!!! :blink: I'm hoping for the best!

Jenny

It can take a week or more (from what I hear) to be able to check status on cases using the website. As for AP, the CO (Counselor) did not give your husband an idea of how long AP would be. Many times they give you a time frame (2/8/14 weeks, etc)?

As for standard wait times in AP, there really is no set time frame. Each case is individual and can take weeks or years.

Hang in there & good luck!

event.png

10-25-2011 - Got Married

12-26-2011 - Sent I130

01-03-2012 - 130 NOA1

06-26-2012 - 130 Approved

07-16-2012 - NVC Received

10-11-2012 - Case Completed at NVC

11-01-2012 - Interview Scheduled - Approved

11-06-2012 - Passport In Hand

11-13-2012 - POE at LAX

11-29-2012 - Permenant Resident Card Received

12-10-2012 - SS# Received

08-13-2014 - Must Apply to Remove Restrictions

Thanks! And congrats on your journey! I read your timeline...))

And sorry I forgot to add he said a maximum of 2 months...does that mean anything??? He was very nice to my husband too.

Well there you go, that's better then.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

To check the administrative processing on cairo website is not that good

It took 5 or more weeks for me to see my husbands online. And he has been in USA 9 months and it still shows he is in AP. I would not rely on that website

Just call DOS 202-663-1225 a couple times a week for case status updates

Ask if it is mandatory Administrative processing. If they say yes then you know he is getting name checks done and FBI checks.

Do not worry, most get their visa within 2 months or less. I hope your wait is much less.

He will be with you soon!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

My husband had his interview end of November and everything went smoothly and the CO kept his passport and told him AP max 2 months..he gave us the link ,it was giving us error when we start to cheking it.. so you have to enter CRO2012**** and then it should give you that your case is pending is that what you've been doing?!..

it's been 35 days now but we haven't heard anything yet..I keep checking the website and DHL tracking too and every other week I call Department of State for any news or updates coz sometimes I heard it will give you pending even though it's approved!..(system update)

any help you need I'll be glad to assist..hope we all be with our spouses very soon

Timeline

Hi Jenny,

We had our interview on November 21st, received AP, and our case number is still not showing up on the Embassy website. I emailed the Embassy and received a case update but they didn't answer the question about case in their database. I just call the department of state to check up on it weekly. We are in "necessary" AP which from what I gather is back ground checks. My husband said interview went well and the CO stated AP should be done within a couple months. I am hoping that is the case!! I wish you and hubby a quick process.

There is also this site to check status but I don't know how often it is updated:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Timeline

HI Jenny.....welcome to the club of us who are waiting....sigh. My husband too had his interview Nov. 18th and the CO said it could be "two days, two weeks, or A month"....we are now past all of those and still waiting patiently. The waiting doesn't get easier...but at least we are all one day closer to being with our loved ones! Good luck to you...and we are here for you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.