violetandrichard

Income is variable (sponsorship)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have done a couple of searches and couldn't find anything, but it seems like a fairly straightforward question.

My fiancé has no fixed hours at his work. He started a few weeks after we submitted his initial petition (he moved back to the US from Japan and we filed about a week later. It took him a little longer to find a job, so wrote his job as "unemployed". He was employed for four years in Japan)

He has been there about 3 1/2 months and his job is secure, but his hours vary each week and he has no fixed income. He works full time most weeks, and on the odd week he doesn't he works about 3/4 time. Judging from the last 3 1/2 months, we can expect his annual income to be around $20 - 24000, so enough to be my sponsor, but there isn't a strict "salary" he can write on the form. How should we state this on the form? He can provide pay slips and most likely a letter from his employer, and his parents are happy to act as co sponsors if needed.

Thank you everyone for all of your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have done a couple of searches and couldn't find anything, but it seems like a fairly straightforward question.

My fiancé has no fixed hours at his work. He started a few weeks after we submitted his initial petition (he moved back to the US from Japan and we filed about a week later. It took him a little longer to find a job, so wrote his job as "unemployed". He was employed for four years in Japan)

He has been there about 3 1/2 months and his job is secure, but his hours vary each week and he has no fixed income. He works full time most weeks, and on the odd week he doesn't he works about 3/4 time. Judging from the last 3 1/2 months, we can expect his annual income to be around $20 - 24000, so enough to be my sponsor, but there isn't a strict "salary" he can write on the form. How should we state this on the form? He can provide pay slips and most likely a letter from his employer, and his parents are happy to act as co sponsors if needed.

Thank you everyone for all of your help!

Income being variable in a full time permanent position, shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure to provide the most recent pay check stubs, which should have a year to date earnings. They will be able to calculate yearly (expected) earnings from the amount made, divided by the amount of time employed, then get an estimated amount. However, being that this job is fairly new, it would be best to also have his parents to fill out the form for co-sponsorship and provide proof of income and tax transcripts too. The embassy may or may not request a co-sponsor, but it's best to take, in case they do. Good luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline so we know where you are in the process.

If he can file his 2012 taxes before submiting the I-134, that may help as it shows how much income he declares. Otherwise, I'd submit as many paystubs as you can get so the CO can see what average income is.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline so we know where you are in the process.

If he can file his 2012 taxes before submiting the I-134, that may help as it shows how much income he declares. Otherwise, I'd submit as many paystubs as you can get so the CO can see what average income is.

Sorry, I thought I had. I mustn't have saved it. It should be up to date now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ys that worked :) Looks like you might get NOA2 within the next months or so. I am not sure how long it'll take to get an interview in NZ, but you should have some time to gather paystubs.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.