Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Address Change after NOA1

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

My fiancee is ending her lease on the apartment she's currently living and the address of that apartment was stated on the I-129F form. By now, we already received NOA1 and we are wondering whether starting a change of address procedure with the USCIS will delay the next step (NOA2) and the visa whole process. Since the apartment is on her friend's name who will be living there, she will be able to receive any mailing sent to that address. Alternatively, we were thinking about requesting a change of address service from the postal office so that all mail sent the current address would be forwarded to her new mailing address.

We would like to hear about people who faced a similar experience or who may know what would be the best thing to do.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Change of address won't affect the process in any way. All you have to do is go to the USCIS and change your mailing address. Alternatively you can call the customer service number provided on the site. My fiance had to do change his address last week, he did it online and it worked. Use this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

All the best in your Visa journey.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.

USCIS change of address information:


Found through a simple Google search. Google can be your friend. :yes:

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your kind answers,

I tried the USCIS change of address website but looks like the AR-11 form is used for someone in the U.S. that is changing address within the U.S. (the petitioner). In my case, my fiancee (the beneficiary) is changing address in the country she is living (Spain), that is the change of address I need to declare as the I-129F was filled with her now former Spain address. However the AR-11 form in the USCIS is tailored for US addresses.

Please correct me if I am wrong.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.