tianxiong

COVER LETTER CHECKLIST for Civil Documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

So I just received a email from nvc saying that I need to resubmit the following from my wife:

-copy of passport

-certified or original marriage certificate

-certified or original birth certificate

however prior to this email i got from them I had already sent in certified copies with the appropriate stamps so i called them but they told me they need a certified copy similar to the original. I don't quite understand..if anyone can help that would be awesome.

thanks

also certified copies of the marriage certificate i know can be obtain at so tu phap (justice department) but does anyone know where i can get a copy of the birth certificate, i don't know what the register's office department is called in vietnamese..

please help

thank you

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

also certified copies of the marriage certificate i know can be obtain at so tu phap (justice department) but does anyone know where i can get a copy of the birth certificate, i don't know what the register's office department is called in vietnamese..

please help

thank you

Hi tianxiong,

What step are you on where you have received this RFE? Have you already submitted the DS-230 package?

When I sent in the original I-130 package to the USCIS lockbox I included a copy of my wife's passport, copy of birth certificate, and copy of marriage certificate (no originals or certified copies). They do have the red seal showing that they were certified in Vietnam however. Is this similar to what you sent in?

-T

Hi tianxiong,

What step are you on where you have received this RFE? Have you already submitted the DS-230 package?

When I sent in the original I-130 package to the USCIS lockbox I included a copy of my wife's passport, copy of birth certificate, and copy of marriage certificate (no originals or certified copies). They do have the red seal showing that they were certified in Vietnam however. Is this similar to what you sent in?

-T

Hi T,

yes I sent in the AOS and IV package together earlier this month. Yeah my wife's civil documents are similar. They were all copies with the certified stamp from the Vietnam government officials with the exception of the police report which is the original(ly luat tu phap) when sending in the IV DS-230 packets. We have a lawyer in the city to help us prepared all the necessary documents. All our documents are officially stamp and translated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's quite possible the reviewer doesn't understand what's in front of them.

Call into NVC, get a supervisor,

ask the supervisor to have another reviewer review the documents, or ask that a supervisor in the reviewing section review the documents.

The checklist doesn't make sense to me, knowing that you submitted official documents, certified by the issuing authority, into NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ask the supervisor to have another reviewer review the documents, or ask that a supervisor in the reviewing section review the documents.

The checklist doesn't make sense to me, knowing that you submitted official documents, certified by the issuing authority, into NVC.

Hi Darnell,

Yes that's what I was thinking. When i called in and talk to a nvc operator they said that they needed a true certified copy (a copy that looks like the original (color and paper material?) but Vietnam doesn't issue true certify copies of those documents i don't think, just photocopies from our originals with official Vietnam Government certified stamps by the intending dept. official.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

repeat for emphasis:

Waste no further time on the first person that answers the telephone. You need a supervisor.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi guys,

So I just received a email from nvc saying that I need to resubmit the following from my wife:

-copy of passport

-certified or original marriage certificate

-certified or original birth certificate

however prior to this email i got from them I had already sent in certified copies with the appropriate stamps so i called them but they told me they need a certified copy similar to the original. I don't quite understand..if anyone can help that would be awesome.

thanks

Did you submit the certified translation for each document as well?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.