paulnjessa

proof of annulment requirement in ph

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"Hello we r waiting on annulment decree so can file for fiance visa,a freind mentioned that she is able to use her certificate of custody to satisfy embassy requirments and said I can use a certificate of annulment as proof that the annulment r on process and it has a valid reason {bigamous marriage}to be declared null and void.Is this true or do we need to wait for official decree to include in our packet?We are waiting long time already and want to submit forms to begin the NOA1/2 process."

thank u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance had a annulment too omg what a long process, we had to have all the official paperwrk, including waiting a additional 2 months for the cenomar. Good luck guys it will happen eventually.

thx for reply Glen,would like to know what "proof of annulment" or "date marriage ended" did you use when filing for visa.We had the last hearing 2 mths ago and were told judges decision would be in 90days or less.We have all our other paperwok completed and are just waiting for this to send off.Our understanding is that once the marriage is annuled it could take another mth for the official decree to pass theu different branches before fiance has it,meaning another mth of waiting.Lets say for ex.,the judge signs the annulment on Jan.7,thus "end of marriage Jan.7" to be put on 129F form,is their any documnet we can get on Jan 7 that will satisfy the visa requirment for filing?What did you and your fiance use?The official decree?Guess could use some first hand account of what we can do to not only speed up the annulment ending but satisfy the visa requirments.

very sorry but seems we need information not on annulment decree but for "declaration of nullity",want desperatly to file our forms but not sure what we need to satisfy requirments in intial visa packet?Do we have to wait for the signed,stamped,gone thru all offices declaration of nullity or can we just write in the date marriage ended in line 10 of 129-F form?I see many mention taking the declaration of nullity,declaration of finality and/or annulment decree to the interview in Manila but cant find any info on whats needs to be included in packet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We included the decision, the judgement and the declaration of finality. You are not free to marry until you have the declaration of finality. Read the decision, it says it is not valid until the Declaration of Finality is issued. So you need the date the Declaration of Finality was issued.

Hi and thanks Mik2012 for your reply....sounds like you just went thru what we are going thru now,could you please tell us where we are now and what we have ahead of us,heres some additonal info hoping you can tell us what we are waiting on from judges and paperwork and how long still might take to be able to file our 129-F and other intial filing forms-

Had last hearing Oct.18,the annulment/nullity is unopposed and we provided proof that marriage was void cus he was still married(we had 5 previous hearings over 1 yr period,if they started with this previous marriage certificate would have proven nullity at first hearing but thats not how they do things in PH judicial system,frustrating!),were told judges decision within 90days(by Jan.18),"comment" form delivered to prosector by my fiance personally and signed off on and returned to judges office,now we wait for decision?Then we wait for it to be sent to 3 different branches to be recorded and registered?Is this what we are waiting on and how long does this take to go thru these branches and be in the hands of my fiance?My other frustration is the "date marriage ended" is the date the judge signs the nullity,but we cant use that or a substitute form stating she is free to marry so can submit visa paperwok,have to wait a mth or 2 more just to get official/stamped/processed nullity that will still reflect date marriage ended as mths before?? At this stage just really want to know how close we are to filing finally.Thankyou-

• 4 months later...

Hi mik2012,

I just want to ask what are the requirements for interview in embassy. Can i bring my Certification/Entry of Judgment, Decision, and annotated marriage certificate from the civil registrar? I am just confuse about the decree of annulment? I do not know if its the same the decision and decree of annulment.

I do not think so my case is done, because in my desicion i need to file custody and support of my son. So i can get the decree of annulment in court. Am i rght? I know its not supposed to ask this, but i wanted to know what are the steps and procedure?

Thank you.

It's not final and you're not free to re-marry until you get the final court decision, been to NSO and get the annotated "Null and Void" Marriage Certificate and Declaration of Nullity from Civil Registrar

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

• 2 months later...

It's not final and you're not free to re-marry until you get the final court decision, been to NSO and get the annotated "Null and Void" Marriage Certificate and Declaration of Nullity from Civil Registrar

Good luck!

Hi..

I really confuse, i have on my hand now is Decision, Certificate Entry of Judgment, and NSO marriage certification annotate " Void ab initio" (is it same null and void?)

Where can i get Declaration of Nullity?

Pls help me and give me some idea what is my next step.

Thank you mam

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from K-1 Process to Philippine regional forum~~

~Phil specific inquiry~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

This topic came up just a few days ago and was answered very nicely by "eternalcompanion" in her post found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367853-annullment-information/. She works in the Family Court and handles annulments. Go see her response to this same question and I think you will have all your answers.

Good Luck

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi..

I really confuse, i have on my hand now is Decision, Certificate Entry of Judgment, and NSO marriage certification annotate " Void ab initio" (is it same null and void?)

Where can i get Declaration of Nullity?

Pls help me and give me some idea what is my next step.

Thank you mam

If you have the annulment decree (decision), certificate of finality, certificate of registration of the court decree and the Annotated Marriage Certificate from NSO, you are good to go. :)

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

If you have the annulment decree (decision), certificate of finality, certificate of registration of the court decree and the Annotated Marriage Certificate from NSO, you are good to go. smile.png

Hi thanks for quick reply... I have some clarification... the Decree of Annulment is Decision signed by the Judge? Certificate of Finality is Certification Entry of Judgment signed by Court of Clerk? and Certificate of Registration and Certificate of Authenticity is Certificate came from Office of the Local Civil Registry?

I am stressed out and I do not know what to do. Thank you....

Hi thanks for quick reply... I have some clarification... the Decree of Annulment is Decision signed by the Judge? Certificate of Finality is Certification Entry of Judgment signed by Court of Clerk? and Certificate of Registration and Certificate of Authenticity is Certificate came from Office of the Local Civil Registry?

Here is the replay from the lady who works in the Family Court on what you will need.

"I am a Filipina working in a Family Court that handles annulment here in the Philippines. Your fiancée will need the decision of the annulment, entry of judgment, then the decree of annulment. Then she need to secure copy of the marriage contract with the annulment annotated on it. A total of four documents. BTW, if there is already a decision, she need to wait 20 days from receipt of the Solicitor General of copy of her decision before she can secure the entry of judgment. After securing the Entry of Judgment, she will have to register the same to the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage took place. The said office will transmit the same to the NSO. She will show the Court what date the LCR transmitted the documents to the NSO. With the proof of receipt of the NSO, the Court will then issue the Decree of Annulment. After 15 days from receipt of the NSO of her documents, she can now request for copy of the marriage contract with the annotated annulment proceedings. She need to request for at least 4 copies for future use."

There is no need to get stressed out. Just ask questions from the professionals at the Court and they will tell you everything you will need. When my fiancée completed her Divorce (yes there is a divorce for a Muslim Marriage in the Philippines through a Muslim Court and it is very much legal) the good people at the Court House told her what she needed to do for each step. She filed it with her local registrar they told her what they were going to do next. All she just needed to do was pay the fees. The final papers came through NSO Manila with the notation to the original marriage contract and I quote "Judgement is hereby rendered approving the divorce of herein petitioners thereby severing and terminating their marriage bond." Of course there is some more legal mumbo jumbo but that is all that was needed to end the marriage. Now we have all the documents in their completeness.

She had to register the final decree from the Judge to the registrar in the city where the court is. Then she had to go to her local city registrar to register and get their endorsement and then the registrar sent it on to NSO Manila and NSO Manila made their endorsements and mailed the final papers back to my fiancée.

So don't get so worked up. Just follow the steps from the Court and you will get through this. Just ask questions from the court. They are the experts.

Good Luck

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the Decree of Annulment is Decision signed by the Judge? YES

Certificate of Finality is Certification Entry of Judgment signed by Court of Clerk? YES

Certificate of Registration and Certificate of Authenticity is Certificate came from Office of the Local Civil Registry? YES

If you have all these three and then the NSO certified copy of the annotated marrage certificate. You're complete. :) These are the documents I provided and we got our approval. :)

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.