swzeng

Filer-I130 Processing location/time

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

First of all thanks in advance for any of the info you may have. Really appreciated!

I filed I-130 for my wife (in China) on Oct 21th. Got the 1st NOA on Oct 26 and it printed National Benefit Center as the location on the left bottom. So my concerns are the following

1. My understanding from the web is that National Benefit Center are utilized to speed up the work load and should have negative impact on my filling. Correct?

2. I also read somewhere saying that currently there have delays on getting the 2nd NOA, is there any update on this at this moment? More specially how long can I best estimate on when 2nd NOA will be sent out?

3. Once the 2nd NOA is received, this is when I can opt in for electronic filling which will help increase the processing time? Also any idea on the avearage wait time after the 2nd NOA to the next step?

Timeline

once the I-130 is approved, it travels into NVC.

Once NVC has logged it and generates the AOS FEE BILL, then (and only then)

can you sucessfully OPT IN for NVC Electronic Processing. There's a few phone calls that you must make, prior, into NVC, as well.

As to 'speeding up' since it's at MSC - well, that's the theory, so far.

If you study at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=3&sortby=2

you can get some idea of those in your month group.

It seems the biggest delay will occur if your casefile goes to Atlanta local USCIS office for processing.

Want detailed, poignant info? Call into USCIS, get an ISO, and ask for casefile status.

sorry, whatever your item #2 is referring to? I be clueless. I'm trainable, always, but for this, atm? I be clueless. Share an URL and I can vette for you, though.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you Darnell!

Just went through the link, hopefully I hear something in Jan. Btw, the address on my 1st NOA letter is the NBC address in Lee's Summit, MO. So I would assume it shouldn't the Atalanta office that you mentioned..? I know there are many like myself waiting for approval. This wait really sucks especially with my newborn earlier this month. Really hope to have them in the State now.... Anyway, thanks!

Timeline

so, what IS your local office, for your resident address in the USA?

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

cool. You won't know where yer casefile is unless you ask about it with an ISO at the National USCIS office.

The first person that answers the phone, a CSR, doesn't know anything.

so, when you call in, ask for an ISO. Once you get an ISO, ask them to give you casefile status and casefile location.

If it's NOT TRANSFERRED to a local office, you should get some speed, circa 3 months or less.

Timeline

Ok, just called and found out that the case is transferred to the Chicago local office the beginning of December. The ISO also told me the usual time period is about 6 months, is this really the case? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Ok, just called and found out that the case is transferred to the Chicago local office the beginning of December. The ISO also told me the usual time period is about 6 months, is this really the case? Thanks!

USCIS will USE that timespan, 6 months, you betcha.

The local office is on their own calendar, but they are striving for 6 months window as well.

I've no idea what that means, exactly, but with luck, you should know something later next week.

IMO, track down with the ISO , for the approved casefile to be shipped out to NVC the same week that the local office approves it. IMO - that's the biggest lag time, these last 3 months - local office to MSC to NVC.

Timeline

Thanks Darnell.

Well when I spoke to the level 2 rep few weeks back, they mentioned by Mar 6 I should hear something. So one more day, but for some reason I would expect something early and not at the last minute. This made feel that even on Mar 6 there might not be a response, not sure now. I can only hope for the best. Hate this wait...

USCIS will USE that timespan, 6 months, you betcha.

The local office is on their own calendar, but they are striving for 6 months window as well.

I've no idea what that means, exactly, but with luck, you should know something later next week.

IMO, track down with the ISO , for the approved casefile to be shipped out to NVC the same week that the local office approves it. IMO - that's the biggest lag time, these last 3 months - local office to MSC to NVC.

Edited by swzeng

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? Where did you get this from, is there link? Thanks!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/412155-local-chicago-filers-post-aug-15/

Enjoy the read.

Several of us did inquiries.

My inquiry from my senator says I should hear back in March.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.