Dot and  Nat

one way trip

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL.. I WILL LOVE TO KNOW WHICH AIRLINE WILL ACCEPT A ONE WAY TRIP FOR A K1 VISA APART FROM DELTA AND AMERICAN AIRLINE.. I WENT TO AIRPORT TO BOARDING MY FLIGHT AND THE FOOLISH MANAGER A YORUBA GUY TELLING ME I NEED A ROUNDTRIP AND I EXPALIN TO HIM AND HE IS TELLING ME KIND OF TICKET I NEED.. AND TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER #160000 NAIRA TO COLLECT MY ROUNDTRIP.. AND I CALLED THE AIRLINE ITSELF AND SAID THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT AND I DONT KNOW WHY THIS STUPID GUY KEEP INSISTING THAT I DO WHEN I DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN AM COMING .. SO TELL ME WHICH AIRPLANE CAN I GO WITHOUT ENCOUNTER SUCH PROBLEM AGAIN .. BCOS IT SEEM LIKE THE MANAGER DONT KNOW WHAT K1 VISA MEANS.. PLEASE TELL ME WHICH AIRPORT APART FROM THOSE TWO ABOVE CAN GO WITHOUT A ROUNDTRIP

Dotnat44

Are you serious? should i be worried too? because i have just one way trip and it is with delta but i will be flying with KLM through Amsterdam and one quick question how long did it take you to get your visa after the approval?

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I bought my husband a one way ticket from Dakar to USA on a k1 visa.It should not matter what airline you use.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Timeline

Are you serious? should i be worried too? because i have just one way trip and it is with delta but i will be flying with KLM through Amsterdam and one quick question how long did it take you to get your visa after the approval?

if you are on delta airline it is okay ... and it took me 9days to get my visa

Dotnat44

Timeline

Is there anyway the people you spoke to on the phone can call the stupid guy at the airport and set him straight?

they cant .. and now i lost the flight money bcos cancelled it and bcos of their stupid policy they can rebooking it back .. i dont know why they have to treat their customers like that

Dotnat44

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Get your fancee to call delta today and explain the situation,they should be able to rebook you for an additional fee (directly over the phone) and ask them to call the delta office in Lagos; Then you should speak to another manager there with some sense.Good luck and God bless.

Timeline

That is very crazy, anyway I bought a one way ticket for my fiancee at Turkey Airline and she is on her way to the United States. Go to Turkey Airline.

i used turkish airline and i dont know why that stupid manager insisting and i explain to him .. he is only the one refusing and even the other airline try to explain to him but he keep insisting and i dont know how it works for you.. is there different manager for departure everyday ...

Dotnat44

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We used one way on Emeriates through Dubai to LAX Actually one way tickets in theory include a "penalty" for the non return portion which is why they cost more then 1/2 of a round trip. If anyone has this happen again insist on that persons name and employee number so we can report him to delta or american.

Edited by NigeriaorBust

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Delta is trouble free and good

Okay our time grows near

Hopefully soon I will be looking to buy that one way ticket to America also from Philippines

My questios are

Is it true she must depart on a Philippine airline?

How should I purchase and pay?

I live near Richmond Va

I see through Cheapo Air a flight (Philippine Air) that leaves Cebu to Tokyo (Canadain Air) to Toronto to Richmond (Canadain Air) (POE) :thumbs:

Any advice how I can purchase and pay with my CC this ticket for her with no Snags for her at departure time??

Sounds easy enough but who knows

ALWAYS better to ASK the dumb questions

Edited by bxman

Okay our time grows near

Hopefully soon I will be looking to buy that one way ticket to America also from Philippines

My questios are

Is it true she must depart on a Philippine airline?

How should I purchase and pay?

I live near Richmond Va

I see through Cheapo Air a flight (Philippine Air) that leaves Cebu to Tokyo (Canadain Air) to Toronto to Richmond (Canadain Air) (POE) :thumbs:

Any advice how I can purchase and pay with my CC this ticket for her with no Snags for her at departure time??

Sounds easy enough but who knows

ALWAYS better to ASK the dumb questions

United States does not allow cc purchases on a 1 way if it is bought by u and for another from another country unless you do it at the ticket counter of your local airport. You must present your card with an id. Nor are travel agencies allowed.

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.