kiaradv

Proof of Evidence

11 posts in this topic

Hi my VJ Friends.

Little by little I am starting to integrate myself with the forum. I've founded so helpful with all the information I find here. The more I learn, the more questions comes up.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. Mutual friends introduced us to each other through the phone. We immedialtly hit it off and decided to become exclusive to each other since we didn't want to play any games. I was able to travel to DR 3 months after dating, in September and now we are marking our 6 months relationship. We are very happy, very in love. We are sure of ourselves and we are pretty serious about this.

We already started talking about engagement and we would like to start the process of the K-1 Visa as soon as we get engaged. I am thiking of traveling maybe 2 more time before we do that but my concern is the following:

I see that a lot of the couples here have been in a relationship for about 2years and so. By the time that we plan to submit the petition we are barely are going to have a year and because of my job, I can't travel a lot.

Would I be having enough evidence, as to pictures, of our relationship?

We talk every single days. Through the phone, through text messages, emails..

Any suggestions... We really don't want to be apart from each other for that long. Sorry for the long story but trying to give as much as details of my situation.

well i had almost the same situation and we only had 6 months together when we got engaged and i came back to ny i consulted with a lawyer and he suggested for me to get married because u need to have proof that you have seen or been with him for up to 2 years .pm me if u need more info

My cr1 timeline:

USCIS

05/01/2012: I-130 Sent from NY

05/10/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

05/15/2012: NOA1 E-mail 

05/23/2012: NOA1 (i-797 Rec'd Hard copy via snail mail)

10/17/2012: NOA2 E-mail 

NVC

10/19/2012: NVC received

10/20/2012: Case number/IIN

11/05/2012: AOS Bill Invoiced-PAID

11/07/2012 AOS Show PAID

11/13/2012: AOS Package sent(via- USPS) 

11/13/2012: sent ds3020 (choice if agent)

11/15/2012: rec'd acceptance if agent

11/17/2012: IV Bill invoiced-PAID

11/21/2012: IV Bill Show PAID

11/19/2012: IV Package sent(via-usps)

11/21/2012: received Instruction package

01/04/2013: Case complete at NVC

01/30/2013: Interview scheduled

SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE 

02/01/2013: Embassy received

02/19/2013:medical

03/05/2013 Interview

03/07/2013: Visa

03/14/2013: EXPECTED POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi my VJ Friends.

Little by little I am starting to integrate myself with the forum. I've founded so helpful with all the information I find here. The more I learn, the more questions comes up.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. Mutual friends introduced us to each other through the phone. We immedialtly hit it off and decided to become exclusive to each other since we didn't want to play any games. I was able to travel to DR 3 months after dating, in September and now we are marking our 6 months relationship. We are very happy, very in love. We are sure of ourselves and we are pretty serious about this.

We already started talking about engagement and we would like to start the process of the K-1 Visa as soon as we get engaged. I am thiking of traveling maybe 2 more time before we do that but my concern is the following:

I see that a lot of the couples here have been in a relationship for about 2years and so. By the time that we plan to submit the petition we are barely are going to have a year and because of my job, I can't travel a lot.

Any suggestions... We really don't want to be apart from each other for that long. Sorry for the long story but trying to give as much as details of my situation.

There is no requirement for length of time you had to be in a relationship before filing. The requirement is that you have met face-to-face at least once in the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F petition. You will have 3 visits in person before filing. That will help your case. Save the boarding passes and receipts from using any ATM/Debit/credit cards while there. Take pictures together in different settings and with his friends and family. You will need proof of meeting in person to satisfy the requirements of the I-129F petition. For the interview to prove relationship, take more photos, some chat/email/text/phone logs that span the entire time of your relationship from start up until the interview for proof of relationship. Also show any snail mail you sent each other during that time too.

Read the reviews for DR to get a feel for the procedure there and the questions they may ask.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi my VJ Friends.

There is no required time of having been in a relationship with some, all they want is that you guys have met at least ONCE in the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F petition in you case your are fine, You already have since each other face to face a couple of times. You can file you petition and gather you documents, cell phone bills, text msg, picture, boarding pass, emails etc... Most importantly go over the question that are shown on the K1 member who have filed in DR and have gotten approved you will have a general idea of the type of questions asked. You will be fine don't over analyze it.

Good Luck on your Journey!

Edited by GodsGift225

~* GodsGift225*~

There is no required time of having been in a relationship with some, all they want is that you guys have met at least ONCE in the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F petition in you case your are fine, You already have since each other face to face a couple of times. You can file you petition and gather you documents, cell phone bills, text msg, picture, boarding pass, emails etc... Most importantly go over the question that are shown on the K1 member who have filed in DR and have gotten approved you will have a general idea of the type of questions asked. You will be fine don't over analyze it.

Where do I find the questions???

& thank you so much for the advices, respond!!! :)

Edited by kiaradv

Thank you so much all for your respond, advices and encouragement.

It is great to get advices from people that have gone through the process.

The only reason why I seemed worried is because my very well intentioned friends are all giving me the wrong advices and it gets me worried but now I am just happy :D

I've been told so many crazy things. Examples:

-I need to be living by my own before sending the petition

-I need to have a perfect credit report

-I need to make tons of money and need to show by myself I can support both of us

-It takes 3 years

-I need to be in a relationship for 3 years

They even once told me that they are not even giving out the K-1 visa anymore lol so just imagine me!! LOL

Thank you all :D

Thank you so much all for your respond, advices and encouragement.

It is great to get advices from people that have gone through the process.

The only reason why I seemed worried is because my very well intentioned friends are all giving me the wrong advices and it gets me worried but now I am just happy :D

I've been told so many crazy things. Examples:

-I need to be living by my own before sending the petition- NOT TRUE

-I need to have a perfect credit report- LOL... PEOPLE ARE HILARIOUS

-I need to make tons of money and need to show by myself I can support both of us- LOOK AT THIS LINK http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf IT GOES BY HOUSEHOLD SIZE

-It takes 3 years That was back in like 2000 and something that it was taking 2/3 years for the whole immigration process to come out. We are in a new era... LOL... Now is a total of 5/7months tops from start to finish.

-I need to be in a relationship for 3 years- NOT TRUE

They even once told me that they are not even giving out the K-1 visa anymore lol so just imagine me!! LOL NOT TRUE

Read the guides here keep expanding you mind as to how the process works exactly don't rush until you have read every detail and you have a general idea of what you will get yourself into, again READ READ READ the guides everyday you will learn something new, and get familiar with the forms, as this is also what cause delays on the process when thing are not done correctly. Make sure you understand the forms, As for the questions goes if click on portals Dominican Rep. Reviews, click on your visa type K1 there you will read the stories of the member who have been then the process and there successful out come! You came to the right place, people here are helpful and willing to answer all your questions to the best of there knowledge,

Thank you all :D

Edited by GodsGift225

~* GodsGift225*~

Timeline

Where do I find the questions???

& thank you so much for the advices, respond!!! :)

Wow, there are no reviews listed for DR. Here is a link to the consulate info though: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Here is the link for the reviews http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Dominican+Rep&cty=&dfilter=5

~* GodsGift225*~

Timeline

:thumbs: Cool! This link told me no records found. I thought it was really odd. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Dominican%20Republic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.