mrsbourffada

wise to relocate after visa denial?

27 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

no, condescending is harping on and on about visits you think should have happened prior to interviewing when the OP has gone into detail in the past about her life circumstances that prohibited her from having more time to spend with her husband in morocco. actually, it's more than condescending, it's really pretty shitty. there's nothing she can do to change that now. there's not even any way to assert that that is what is even responsible for their denial in the first place. and it's irresponsible as all get out, throwing out stuff like "You really should have had at least 2 extended visits before even attempting to file, especially through Casa." oh, really? you don't know that, i don't know that, no one knows that. member experiences in casablanca, and successful beneficiaries receiving visas in casablanca run the whole gamut. i would certainly hope no one would tell people that meeting once and getting married that same time is going to be a sure approval, but no one is in any position here to tell anyone that those circumstances of course mean a denial is inevitable either. stop pigeon-holing. there are all kinds of issues that can come up in interviews that need resolution before visas can be issued that have nothing to do with time actually spent together. the OP's case may, or may not be one of them. maybe a visit soon will help. maybe it won't. the consulate might be overly hung up on the OP's husband's friend's visa issues and how it relates to the OP and her husband. heading to morocco may or may not resolve that.

I've been watching this post, and the only thing that really caught my attention from the original post was that same thing that I myself and one other besides you have noted.

That being the fact they mentioned the husbands friend who is also having visa issues, the consular brought it up in the interview point blank. They must think the two cases are related with each other in some way. The OP hasn't seemed to return to give light on that issue, so that maybe someone here with more experience could help with that issue.

Edited by destiny64

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey sweet cheeks, I was not aware they married on the first visit, and was her only visit. As someone who married my husband on the first visit, having a huge age difference(my being older by 20 years), meeting on the internet and being different religions, my husband and I had HUGE red flags. BUT I visited him 4 times in 9 months, all extended stays, we were able to overcome our red flags. You really should have had at least 2 extended visits before even attempting to file, especially through Casa. I think at this point you going to visit and stay for a while is a must if you are going to have any chance of overcoming your denial.

It impressed me that you visited your husband 4 times in 9 months!! Was those spontaneous visits because you wanted to be with him or just to strengthen your story for purpose to ease the visa process?

Timeline

Yep, you did everything possible to overcome the red flags just as I had too. But for some reason, I am getting a ton of grief about telling others to make multiple visits espically in morocco so as their case can go a bit smoother come interview time.

Foreverwaiting! I will always remember the help you've offered to me & my wife, you opened our eyes to see how things really go, and i feel bitter whenever i think of the time we wasted thinking the visa is a matter of paperworks and medical exam, i wish we knew the tricks of this process enough time filing, meanwhile, we continue, hope you & your husband are doing good.

Timeline

you did the right thing by making so many visits

my wife made 3 visits to Morocco to be with me for purpose to find our dream place here and land for permanent stay with intention to vmake visits to the US frequently, but failed to establish that, , though, the time duration of her stays are considered visits by the US immigration system, first visit was 45 days, seconnd visit 44 days, thirrd visit 84 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

no, condescending is harping on and on about visits you think should have happened prior to interviewing when the OP has gone into detail in the past about her life circumstances that prohibited her from having more time to spend with her husband in morocco. actually, it's more than condescending, it's really pretty shitty. there's nothing she can do to change that now. there's not even any way to assert that that is what is even responsible for their denial in the first place. and it's irresponsible as all get out, throwing out stuff like "You really should have had at least 2 extended visits before even attempting to file, especially through Casa." oh, really? you don't know that, i don't know that, no one knows that. member experiences in casablanca, and successful beneficiaries receiving visas in casablanca run the whole gamut. i would certainly hope no one would tell people that meeting once and getting married that same time is going to be a sure approval, but no one is in any position here to tell anyone that those circumstances of course mean a denial is inevitable either. stop pigeon-holing. there are all kinds of issues that can come up in interviews that need resolution before visas can be issued that have nothing to do with time actually spent together. the OP's case may, or may not be one of them. maybe a visit soon will help. maybe it won't. the consulate might be overly hung up on the OP's husband's friend's visa issues and how it relates to the OP and her husband. heading to morocco may or may not resolve that.

Hi there

My wife is going to be interviewed next week, I heard that they ask some questions about my hobbies and what i like and hate, what is my favourite movie and etc... my question is since they never asked me those questions when i petitioned my wife, how they gonaa match her answer to mine? the other question is, i heard that it is much easier for Moroccan female to get visa than male? Further more, in most of MENA countries, it is obvious that older men marry younger women, and my case I am older than my Moroccan wife, is it going to be considered a red flag. (FYI, my relation with my wife started 8 years ago) and saw each other seven times...

Edited by livetolove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi there

My wife is going to be interviewed next week, I heard that they ask some questions about my hobbies and what i like and hate, what is my favourite movie and etc... my question is since they never asked me those questions when i petitioned my wife, how they gonaa match her answer to mine? the other question is, i heard that it is much easier for Moroccan female to get visa than male? Further more, in most of MENA countries, it is obvious that older men marry younger women, and my case I am older than my Moroccan wife, is it going to be considered a red flag. (FYI, my relation with my wife started 8 years ago) and saw each other seven times...

Well I think they don't necessarily know the answers to such personal questions but they can watch how the person is answering - do they pause a great while? Do they say I don't know? They do however know a lot about the petitioner and can dig up more on you than you'd expect.

The trend that the CASA embassy seems to look out for is younger men who woo older American women in hopes of extracting a green card out of their relationship. So any case where there is an older woman petitioner and a young man beneficiary it is looked at with significant scrutiny. It's not really normal or acceptable in MENA culture for these guys to do this so it begs the question why they are doing it. But it is fairly normal in those cultures for older men to marry younger women. My fiance is older than me but I'm not particularly concerned about this aspect of our relationship.

CASA is still a tough embassy so it behooves you to make sure your wife is very prepared. You should practice common questions with her and also review the Embassy reviews on this site for advice. Best of luck to you both!

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Exactly-the consulate did not mail me a confidential survey about my favorite movies and what was the first concert i went to. (NKOTB in 6th grade, '91 fyi)

They're looking for body language, and other subtle clues about truthfulness, comfort level when talking about the petitioner, that kind of thing. It's not always the end of the world if someone's husband in Morocco does not know how many miles away their wife's work is when the guy answers truthfully, and his body language and eye contact convey that. Sometimes, offering other information related to the question asked has been helpful, like saying, "I don't know exactly how many miles away her work is, but I know she does have to wake up really early in the mornings to get to work on time", etc.

What Sarah and Adnan said is correct re. older women/younger men red flags at Casablanca, and like they said there's so much more going on in Casablanca than just age differences. The original poster in this thread who got a denial does not have a large age difference at all if I remember correctly. Plenty of other issues can come up during the interview, and being prepared for all kinds of different things the consulate can throw at petitioners during the interview is necessary.

Best of luck livetolove!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Exactly-the consulate did not mail me a confidential survey about my favorite movies and what was the first concert i went to. (NKOTB in 6th grade, '91 fyi)

They're looking for body language, and other subtle clues about truthfulness, comfort level when talking about the petitioner, that kind of thing. It's not always the end of the world if someone's husband in Morocco does not know how many miles away their wife's work is when the guy answers truthfully, and his body language and eye contact convey that. Sometimes, offering other information related to the question asked has been helpful, like saying, "I don't know exactly how many miles away her work is, but I know she does have to wake up really early in the mornings to get to work on time", etc.

What Sarah and Adnan said is correct re. older women/younger men red flags at Casablanca, and like they said there's so much more going on in Casablanca than just age differences. The original poster in this thread who got a denial does not have a large age difference at all if I remember correctly. Plenty of other issues can come up during the interview, and being prepared for all kinds of different things the consulate can throw at petitioners during the interview is necessary.

Best of luck livetolove!

Yeah I think it's worth mentioning it's not necessarily that men with fraudulent intentions seek out older women for the sake of them being older - they choose them because they are more likely to be vulnerable or are starved for affection and attention. In essence - they are easy marks. I am by NO means saying that the original poster was marked or that her husband has any ill will at all. But there are things that CO's/investigators at these embassies look for in the couple's correspondence when determining if a relationship is bonafide that suggest otherwise. For example - professions of love very early in the relationship, discussing marriage early (although Muslims aren't supposed to date or develop a relationship before marriage so this in and of itself is questionable to me), not knowing basic knowledge about each other, or other predatory behaviors like nurturing dependence. Some of those "red flags" a petitioner may not even have picked up on or the beneficiary may not have realized it was wrong but these are big indicators for MENA embassies.

I really feel for the OP and her situation and my advice would be to keep pushing forward in her marriage and to give it some time before thinking about re-filing or re-instating the petition (spouse petitions don't expire - right?). If I were in her shoes, and if I could afford it, I would go live with the husband for at least a little while, if only to get a better sense of what life would be like with him on a day to day basis. Job prospects wouldn't be very good there other than teaching English and not knowing French wouldn't help either. But if one is determined enough then they will find something. She could even "take a year off" work to study Arabic in Morocco at an institute. A lot of people do that. It's a great job skill. I don't know her financial situation but I was under the impression she doesn't have children so at least she is only responsible for herself. And thankfully Morocco is a relatively safe country for foreigners, unlike my fiance's country. If I went to go live with him I'd have to worry about kidnappings or outright assassination by al Qaeda or crazy tribesmen. Even when I visit I am apprehensive and he himself is very paranoid.

If you're still reading this, OP, I wish you all the best and hope you don't give up. The best, most important things in life don't come easily. Others have been in your position before you and have come out of it successful with patience and determination. Hugs! (F)

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I was also gonna say (but my edit time finished) that I don't advise more visits for the sake of visits. It sounds like, right or wrong, the CO's possibly questioned her husband's intentions for some reason. Filing a FOIA request for the consular officer's case notes is worth doing - it may help them gain insight. I think the best way to overcome this predicament is to live together for a while so they can prove to themselves and everyone else how determined they are to be together. Incorporating her fully into his life is, in my opinion, the best way to challenge the conceptions the investigators on his case may have had about him and it is the best way to move forward.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Timeline
1359349295[/url]' post='5945180']

Foreverwaiting! I will always remember the help you've offered to me & my wife, you opened our eyes to see how things really go, and i feel bitter whenever i think of the time we wasted thinking the visa is a matter of paperworks and medical exam, i wish we knew the tricks of this process enough time filing, meanwhile, we continue, hope you & your husband are doing good.

Your welcome SarayouBliss....

I hope you both are doing okay, and your wife is make travel plans soon to Morocco. Married life is great, thanks for asking. Our wedding anniversary is Feb 4th and we are looking forward to our trip to Aspen, Colorado. Gonna enjoy the beautiful snowy Rocky Mountains.

I hope your wife is making plans to visit this summer, we are coming to Morocco this summer too. Im so excited to visit.

take care..

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah I think it's worth mentioning it's not necessarily that men with fraudulent intentions seek out older women for the sake of them being older - they choose them because they are more likely to be vulnerable or are starved for affection and attention. In essence - they are easy marks. I am by NO means saying that the original poster was marked or that her husband has any ill will at all. But there are things that CO's/investigators at these embassies look for in the couple's correspondence when determining if a relationship is bonafide that suggest otherwise. For example - professions of love very early in the relationship, discussing marriage early (although Muslims aren't supposed to date or develop a relationship before marriage so this in and of itself is questionable to me), not knowing basic knowledge about each other, or other predatory behaviors like nurturing dependence. Some of those "red flags" a petitioner may not even have picked up on or the beneficiary may not have realized it was wrong but these are big indicators for MENA embassies.

I really feel for the OP and her situation and my advice would be to keep pushing forward in her marriage and to give it some time before thinking about re-filing or re-instating the petition (spouse petitions don't expire - right?). If I were in her shoes, and if I could afford it, I would go live with the husband for at least a little while, if only to get a better sense of what life would be like with him on a day to day basis. Job prospects wouldn't be very good there other than teaching English and not knowing French wouldn't help either. But if one is determined enough then they will find something. She could even "take a year off" work to study Arabic in Morocco at an institute. A lot of people do that. It's a great job skill. I don't know her financial situation but I was under the impression she doesn't have children so at least she is only responsible for herself. And thankfully Morocco is a relatively safe country for foreigners, unlike my fiance's country. If I went to go live with him I'd have to worry about kidnappings or outright assassination by al Qaeda or crazy tribesmen. Even when I visit I am apprehensive and he himself is very paranoid.

If you're still reading this, OP, I wish you all the best and hope you don't give up. The best, most important things in life don't come easily. Others have been in your position before you and have come out of it successful with patience and determination. Hugs! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.