HollyandSim

When to schedule Medical?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I called today and got our new case number. I am trying to figure out when Simon should schedule the medical. He has an appointment on the 17th for the 1st MMR and Vaccirella. The next is on 01/17. He doesn't need this for the K1, though, so I am not sure if that should matter.

Any help? When did you guys schedule your medical?

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

I called today and got our new case number. I am trying to figure out when Simon should schedule the medical. He has an appointment on the 17th for the 1st MMR and Vaccirella. The next is on 01/17. He doesn't need this for the K1, though, so I am not sure if that should matter.

The vaccinations aren't needed for the K-1, but you will need them for once he's in the US and adjusting status. Thus, it's better to get all of the vaccinations in the UK and have them recorded by Knightsbridge to save you time and money in the US. Otherwise, you're going to have to find a USCIS-approved civil surgeon and that will cost you.

On when the schedule the medical, per what I wrote above, he should go once all of the required vaccinations are done by his GP unless he wants to pay for them at Knightsbridge. Also, if he had chicken pox as a child, you can get that waived...just make sure the Knightsbridge doc records that.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The vaccinations aren't needed for the K-1, but you will need them for once he's in the US and adjusting status. Thus, it's better to get all of the vaccinations in the UK and have them recorded by Knightsbridge to save you time and money in the US. Otherwise, you're going to have to find a USCIS-approved civil surgeon and that will cost you.

On when the schedule the medical, per what I wrote above, he should go once all of the required vaccinations are done by his GP unless he wants to pay for them at Knightsbridge. Also, if he had chicken pox as a child, you can get that waived...just make sure the Knightsbridge doc records that.

They take your word for it if you tell them you had chicken pox. So.......

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

He's already paid for vacirella and didn't have chicken pox, so we figured was better to have that done.

So he should wait to book the medical until after January 17th (last date for vaccinations)? Or can he call now and schedule it for then?

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

He's already paid for vacirella and didn't have chicken pox, so we figured was better to have that done.

So he should wait to book the medical until after January 17th (last date for vaccinations)? Or can he call now and schedule it for then?

He can schedule the exam for anytime. It's the embassy where there isn't as much flexibility. If you want it sooner than later (e.g. as close after January 17), then he should call now.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Varicella isn't widely available in the UK. Did he have them specially order it for him? They will take his word at Knightsbridge if he tells them he had chickenpox. Then no varicella needed. The Tdap or Td is likely what he needs since there needs to be one within the last 10 years.

On the MMR, if his medical exam is before 1/14 (four weeks interval), then his vaccination sheet will be marked "insufficient time interval" and he will be granted a waiver for dose #2. He never has to take it for immigration, despite what the nurse at Knightsbridge says. Just make sure they mark it insufficient time interval so USCIS will grant the waiver. If he goes to Knightsbridge after Jan 14 he will need dose #2 because 4 weeks will have passed since dose #1 and it is no longer medically inappropriate to get the second dose.

Timing-- I wouldn't go to the medical next week because you don't want your results arriving way before your case gets to the embassy. Maybe call and get an appointment for just after Christmas/the first week of January. That gives your case file time to get logged in by the embassy, but gets you to Knightsbridge before MMR jab #2 is required.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks everybody!!!

He did special order the vacirella. He had to pay £90 for it an wait about 3 weeks after they ordered it.

Edited by HollyandSim

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

Thanks everybody!!!

He did special order the vacirella. He had to pay £90 for it an wait about 3 weeks after they ordered it.

Wow! Expensive. I would have just claimed chickenpox whether it was true or not.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.