8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My husband and I are applying for him a CR-1, and we want him to be able to stay permanently in the States, so we also intend to file for the AOS at the same time. This means that we need to file:

I-130

G-325A

I-864

Reading on the USCIS web site, it seems that we also need to include an I-693. Is this accurate, or can this be sent at a later date? Also, are there any other forms that need to be included at this time that we're missing? Thanks.

October 2005: Met online playing World of Warcraft

December 19, 2005: David flies to America on VWP to visit

February 26, 2006: Married!

March 14, 2006: Filed I-130 ... by itself. Oops.

June 21, 2006: I-130 approved

March 12, 2007: Mailed I-485 package

April 5, 2007: Biometrics

May 30, 2007: Email notification: EAD approved!!

June 4, 2007: EAD received!!

July 24, 2007: Interview 8am APPROVED!!! Day 133 from filing. Emails for card production and welcome letter.

July 25, 2007: Passport stamped

August 6, 2007: GC in hand

.png

Is your husband presently in the US?? If so he will not be applying for a CR-1 as this is a visa. Your husband would not need a visa if he is already in the US. Refer US Citizen and Spouse both live/reside in the US for further information on filing the I-130 and AOS.

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
Is your husband presently in the US?? If so he will not be applying for a CR-1 as this is a visa. Your husband would not need a visa if he is already in the US. Refer US Citizen and Spouse both live/reside in the US for further information on filing the I-130 and AOS.

Lorelle

Yes, he is in the US on a VWP which expires on March 19 ... does this change anything?

July 24, 2007: Interview 8am APPROVED!!! Day 133 from filing. Emails for card production and welcome letter.

.png

Read the link that I posted :)

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
Read the link that I posted :)

Oops-- I see now. Thanks a lot for your help!

.png

Timeline

Another question:

I see that in the I-485 package, the I-693 is listed, but as I have been reading some members' timelines, it appears as they did not have to send off this form until after the I-130 and I-485, etc. had been received. The reason I ask is that we're spending our entire savings on this paperwork, and barely have enough (assuming that the medical exam is $100 as we have been quoted by a local authorized surgeon). The main concern is that if immunizations are required, we won't be able to afford them.

I see that the information page for the I-693 says:

What are the vaccination requirements?

You should have vaccinations for:

* Mumps

* Measles

* Rubella

* Polio

* Tetanus

* Diphtheria toxoids

* Pertussis

* Influenza type B

* Hepatitis B

If you are unable to submit all your vaccination records at the time of the exam, or if you have never had certain vaccines, the Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician can administer them to you.

Important: Do not try to fulfill your vaccination requirements before you meet with the Panel Physician or Civil Surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines

But then on the actual form, it says under "Immunization Incomplete" on page 2 that "Immunizations are not required, but the applicant should be encouraged to go to a physician or local health department for appropriate immunizations." So does this mean that they really want you to be immunized, but it's not actually required? (Since the uscis description says "should" rather that "must.")

Sorry for getting so technical!!

.png

Sorry for getting so technical!!

No apologies needed, we all get worried and technical when it comes to keeping our loved ones with us. It's understandable.

My husband and I thought we would be able to file for AOS, but some stuff got buggered and off he flew to Aus. So, we're going a different route. BUT, he did get his I-693 done here in the states. (which is now useless . . . bummer.) So, I'll share what I know, trusting that you know I'm just sharing my experience, not pretending to really know much of anything. :)

Since he didn't have any proof of vaccinations they shot him up with the MMR and the tetnus on the day of his exam. If you have any way to prove that your husband has had these as an infant -- find it. It's not worth sore arms, not to mention finances. If you know what hospital or doctor he may have had as a child, contact them and ask for a copy of the medical records or immunization records. MMR is typically done as an infant -- could his mother or father still have records of that somewhere tucked away in a baby book? (I had my Mom send me mine as soon as I realized I may need them. I hate shots.)

Also, if immunizations are required -- make certain they do the TB test FIRST! It's a simply small injection and it gets checked in two to three days, then you can get your immunizations. If you have a live virus injected you will be unable to get the TB (PPD) test completed for at least 28 days. (This is why my husband went home. We couldn't finish the form and file it all together . . . I've learned more since then, but you shouldn't have to go through what we did.)

All in all it was really pretty simple (other than the TB test mess up). Don't stress too much and hey, it's an opportunity to get a good basic health screening done. Something we should all do once in a while. :)

Good luck. And the AOS forum will probably be a little easier to find info in. This is great site with lots of helpful people. Take care! :thumbs:

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.