AFQuaid

Do co-sponcer forms come with Package 3?

16 posts in this topic

I tried doing a bitta research but couldn't find if the option of a co-sponcer forms come with package 3 or wheather you have to download them seperately and just send them back with the package 3 stuff? In advance as always :whistle: imagine that....

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You will need to download the forms for your co sponsor so go ahead and start working on them. :thumbs:

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

You will need to download the forms for your co sponsor so go ahead and start working on them. :thumbs:

Mary

Yep, I think they send a copy of it in P3 but that doesn't do you much good since the packet is in England! Definitely go ahead and download them, it shouldn't take you too long to get the info but if you have a cosponsor be sure to give them plenty of notice and time! Good luck :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Thanks guys. A few more questions....

1 A co-sponcer is a relative who agrees to support finationally if we don't meet the poverty requirements right? *just had a bad feeling I may have misunderstood*

2 What are the numbers of the forms and where can I do download them

3 When printing still out it has a date at the bottom, will this matter doing it so early in the process....we're still awaiting NOA2... *don't want them thinking ohhh package 3 was sent blah blah but the date on the bottom of this co-sponcer form is way months before that*

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Thanks guys. A few more questions....

1 A co-sponcer is a relative who agrees to support finationally if we don't meet the poverty requirements right? *just had a bad feeling I may have misunderstood*

2 What are the numbers of the forms and where can I do download them

3 When printing still out it has a date at the bottom, will this matter doing it so early in the process....we're still awaiting NOA2... *don't want them thinking ohhh package 3 was sent blah blah but the date on the bottom of this co-sponcer form is way months before that*

1) They don't have to be a relative. Just anyone you trust enough (and trusts you enough!) to be willing to say that they will be there should you need them. The I-134 isn't as binding as the I-864 (that's the impression I've gotten) so it needs to be a relationship with a lot of mutual trust.

2) The only sponsor form is the I-134 and you can find it under the downloads link at the top of the page in the K1 visa section. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1forms

3) I would wait until you have NOA2 to sign and date everything. Some things you can fill out now because the info wouldn't change, but things like bank letters can have a changing balance between now and your NOA2 and also the I-134 has to be notarized, so once you get your NOA2 I would get that (I-134, nothing else needs to be notarized) notarized and ship it off to your fiance.

Hope that makes sense, if not I'll clarify :) I tend to babble on :P

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

1. Yes the co sponsor agrees to help so that you will not have to use goverment aid if you are not qualifiied over the poverty level.

2. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a public notary), with all required supporting evidence. Some consulates may require a different form. Some require an I-864. If yours does, send that instead. You can call or email the consulate to check. Additionally, the consulate will notify your fiance(e) via mail correspondence which they prefer. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

3. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

4. You can download them and fill them in later. It does not matter if you do this and then notarize it before your interview later.

Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

2. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a public notary), with all required supporting evidence. Some consulates may require a different form. Some require an I-864. If yours does, send that instead. You can call or email the consulate to check. Additionally, the consulate will notify your fiance(e) via mail correspondence which they prefer. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

Good luck.

Mary

The OP is going through London so they will be using the I-134.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Mary,

Name one.

Yodrak

... Some consulates may require a different form. Some require an I-864. ....

Mary

Yeah, I've seen you say before that the I-864 is only used for AOS but I didn't want to say it in case I was wrong :P I wonder why that is still in the guides that some consulates use it?

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

Deepest apologies Yodrak. I only took it from the VJ guides maybe Capt needs to strike it from the guides. It also says to contact the consult to verify if need too.

Mary

Deepest apologies Yodrak. I only took it from the VJ guides maybe Capt needs to strike it from the guides. It also says to contact the consult to verify if need too.

Mary

Yeah, they really should take that out of the guides if it isn't applicable. Was it ever applicable?

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

James_and_Miranda,

No, I haven't said that.

I have said that I-864 is used for immigrant visas and adjustment of status, and according to the FAM it is not to be used for non-immigrant visas including the K visas.

There may be a consulate that requires I-864 for a K visa - I'm still searching for one. We have found a consulate that says it will accept an I-864 visa for a K visa, but the two posters I saw report that bit of information both used I-134 for their own cases.

Yodrak

Yeah, I've seen you say before that the I-864 is only used for AOS but I didn't want to say it in case I was wrong :P I wonder why that is still in the guides that some consulates use it?

James_and_Miranda,

No, I haven't said that.

I have said that I-864 is used for immigrant visas and adjustment of status, and according to the FAM it is not to be used for non-immigrant visas including the K visas.

There may be a consulate that requires I-864 for a K visa - I'm still searching for one. We have found a consulate that says it will accept an I-864 visa for a K visa, but the two posters I saw report that bit of information both used I-134 for their own cases.

Yodrak

Oops, sorry. Read into it too much then! I know I've seen that said, must just not have been you.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mary

ditto

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.