ilFarinello

My wife just got her "green card"

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't really want to get into a back and forth thing here but when I showed the card to many different people they all were thinking the same thing, not at all insane given the direction our government has gone. Everyone I know who has a "green card" got one when they were issued on paper, or regular lamented card that looks more like a drivers license. I guess I am not familiar with this new technology, I still say it is scary. Sorry, I guess I am old school.

Yep, the government wanted you to show it to many different people who were all thinking the same thing, that's the root of their deception! That's how they get you!!! You get together with you "people" and then BAM!.....yeah, then nothing happens....

As was suggested here - that card can always be surrendered and you can relocate to the place where you feel more comfortable, without, you know, the U.S. Government doing such vile things as providing a privilege to live in this country.

That's not "old school", that's "ancient school". Also, I think they re-designed the cards in 2010 especially for you. I bet it's a conspiracy. That is also why the issued it, so they can track YOUUUUUU!!!! devil.gif

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Exactly. So put the Green Card away as nobody will ever, ask for it. I have NEVER been asked for my Green Card outside scenario (1+2) and in 20+ years I have NEVER been asked to show my SS card. In fact, had I not changed my name when becoming a US citizen, I would still have my old SS card from 1991 that read "not valid for employment."

Great point. My SS card still has my first name misspelled, but I haven't taken it out of a safety deposit box in about 12 years now... and as far as the name misspelling goes... who cares?... So yeah, same deal with the Green Card. My wife has carried it with her only in the scenarios you described.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

you people arguing the toss are really not taking the green card privilege (because that's what it is) seriously. citizens are obliged to carry their license at ALL times while driving..so there's an i.d they have to carry right there.

Yeah... exactly, while driving. If I go for a walk - I don't have to carry my I.D. with me. You carry your DL while driving to prove that you have driving privileges.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.