girlfrmoz

Customer Service Grrrrrr

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Our 2nd RFE was received on 30 Oct and with all the approvals I decided to call Customer Service to see what's going on.....bad idea. I know, I know I should be more patient. It's just that my fiance may be deployed again in the new year and I want to spend as much time as I can with him before he goes.

Anyway, because I am the ALIEN and not the petitioner I was given the run around. Yes, I had the receipt number. I was told that I had to wait until the process is complete and she could give me no details on where the case is up to oh and the best bit was, she said it's just bad luck if my fiance goes and we don't get the K1 in time. She said we can't expedite the case and so I said, that's not what it says on the website. I thought it was pretty unhelpful really.

Sorry I am venting, just frustrated. I'll be quiet now! The glass is half full...the glass is half full :wacko:

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just curious what were the RFE's for? I called the CSC center yesterday and I am the USC and they still could not give me information or any help at all regarding our RFE. I understand your frustration. :wacko:

Best of luck to you.

Mel

Timeline

Hi Mel,

They asked for the photocopy of the information page in my Australian passport (they must have lost it cause we sent it with the I-129). Oh and we didn't have photos so we took some on my last visit and sent them in too.

Got the receipt that they got this information 30 Oct.

Timeline

My fiance and I are afraid that they must have lost something as well. We have been over and over the list or requirements and reviewed the RFE master list and there is nothing we can think of that we did not send. We are impatiently waiting for their reply because as you know they offer absolutely no help over the phone.

Timeline

My bet is they probably lost something. I hope you get the letter soon. Let me know what they ask you.

Have you checked out the RFE thread, that might shed some light. It's around here somewhere...will see if I can find it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just so you know USCIS is famous for loosing things in your file ... And it doesn't get any better once you start the AOS process ...

Hopefully when you receive the RFE you can turn around and send the info back to them ASAP to prevent further delays ...

Ohh and the misinformation line is pretty much useless ... They pretty much repeat what you see when you look at your case status online ...

Good luck

Edited by Waiting in Vancouver

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline

That is what several VJ members have said. It is really unbelievable how they can just "lose" things like that but as we all know there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it. Best of luck to all!

Mel

Timeline

I am getting to the point were I am going to send a letter to someone about it. I am not sure who yet maybe the president haha. It is so unprofessional when you think about.

- 7 days processing in Vermont and I am waiting 140 days (NSC/CSC)and my fiance and I have work security clearances, work for the government and are from alied countries.

- Workload across processing centres needs to be equally distributed.

- CSC is sending double approvals or not at all in some cases.

- the call centre is pathetic and a lot of customer service operators play GOD.

:angry::angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.