885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

God knows when.......This situation is really sad...In 3 days, it will be 5 months since interview gone by and no answer.

My case status changes so many times in December and now nothing unless I'll ask them for update. I have been in AP since 145 days.

:( yea you are right, God knows only when it is going to change and we will get visa??

Timeline

thank you evrybody , i really appreciates all of ur good words, can anyone tell me how may days its takes to delivered my visa to kolkata? and also if you guys have the # for kolkata ? to reach em?

Hi Sam,

there is no such number for Kolkata/ Hyderabad/ Mumbai etc etc...

Sending you the link..call ustravel docs and find out how to reach the kolkata's number, even you can chat with them..

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-main-contactus.asp#contactinfo

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

my wife had interview on 22 nov and got 221 g and then we subbmited docs on 10 jan . and then my status date chenged on 1 of march for same AP then today in morning it changed to ready about 11:30 it changed to AP again ,...aprox 1 pm it changed to issued

Hey Sam1707,

Congratulations. You mentioned two dates (Jan 10 and Jan 22) for documents submission which one is correct. As per your analysis they look for cases 60 days from interview date or submission date ? just asking for information sake. My spouse interview in Mumbai on 06 Feb 2013 received 221(g) to submit a specific document we submitted on 24th Feb 2013.

Spouse Priority Date: 10/15/2010

Case Completed: 08/30/2011

Interview Feb 06 2013

Timeline

we just got good news from the senator that my bhabi should get her visa by end of next week at the latest. Hopefully earlier, maybe even today.

FYI, the embassy told our senator that we were in Ap but our senator was proactive and got in touch with the Department of State. The Department of State told them that "her case was delayed due to required security background checks. The background checks have now cleared and her case will be able to move forward. She should expect to see a change in her case status in the embassy online status checks system at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ or be contacted by the embassy by the end of next week. "

Whenever I called DOS they told me whatever it was it was at embassy level and the embassy told me nothing and told the senator nothing.

SO i guess, ask your senators to check with DOS also? I had asked my senator that I understand that the government has to do their job but I just want to understand what is going on and that I am will to wait as long as it takes but I just want to know why.

Timeline

we just got good news from the senator that my bhabi should get her visa by end of next week at the latest. Hopefully earlier, maybe even today.

FYI, the embassy told our senator that we were in Ap but our senator was proactive and got in touch with the Department of State. The Department of State told them that "her case was delayed due to required security background checks. The background checks have now cleared and her case will be able to move forward. She should expect to see a change in her case status in the embassy online status checks system at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ or be contacted by the embassy by the end of next week. "

Whenever I called DOS they told me whatever it was it was at embassy level and the embassy told me nothing and told the senator nothing.

SO i guess, ask your senators to check with DOS also? I had asked my senator that I understand that the government has to do their job but I just want to understand what is going on and that I am will to wait as long as it takes but I just want to know why.

Congrats

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Gkanki for the reply but I am sending email to ustarveldocs and my hubby is also calling almost everyday to DOS but alas! :( same reply..I am surprised after Jan 25, 2013, they didn't update my case status date as well...very upset in this moment..

they are not going to update your date ir case they going to emai

or mail you

Timeline

hey everybody i found out this interesting thing about my case ,,... i cannot tell you or explain you how i did but here it is , on 1st my case were updated but status was same that time , my case was waiting in que with bunch of people also received 221 g for the officer review and around a week on 7th march my case file was reviewed by the officer so after the review he already declared the decision but then he put my case again on AP cuz at that time they were waitin for vfs officer or their people get at embassy or conulate to pick up my passport so.. on same day when actually i got visa or printed my visa they updated my status finally.i also found that people who got their 2 nd 221 g they were struggling . dont ask me how and why cuz Im "G" lol jk ,... but i heard it and thats all folks

Timeline

Hey Sam1707,

Congratulations. You mentioned two dates (Jan 10 and Jan 22) for documents submission which one is correct. As per your analysis they look for cases 60 days from interview date or submission date ? just asking for information sake. My spouse interview in Mumbai on 06 Feb 2013 received 221(g) to submit a specific document we submitted on 24th Feb 2013.

my submition was on jan 10 th and it took almost 57 days all i can say keep on writing everyday to support india and before you write dont forget about prayer

Timeline

hey everybody i found out this interesting thing about my case ,,... i cannot tell you or explain you how i did but here it is , on 1st my case were updated but status was same that time , my case was waiting in que with bunch of people also received 221 g for the officer review and around a week on 7th march my case file was reviewed by the officer so after the review he already declared the decision but then he put my case again on AP cuz at that time they were waitin for vfs officer or their people get at embassy or conulate to pick up my passport so.. on same day when actually i got visa or printed my visa they updated my status finally.i also found that people who got their 2 nd 221 g they were struggling . dont ask me how and why cuz Im "G" lol jk ,... but i heard it and thats all folks

So how did you do it? In Jan, I was told that my case is pending officer's review.

Timeline

Hi Sam,

there is no such number for Kolkata/ Hyderabad/ Mumbai etc etc...

Sending you the link..call ustravel docs and find out how to reach the kolkata's number, even you can chat with them..

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-main-contactus.asp#contactinfo

thank you dear

Timeline

they are not going to update your date ir case they going to emai

or mail you

thanks Sam for the reply...but when they send email/ mail, at that time also they updated the status. Because on Jan 9, they sent me second 221(G) and returned passport, and on Jan 14, 2013 I have received email from ustraveldocs to pick up the passport from the Kolkata OFC.

So in both the cases, my status updated dated changed to Jan9, 2013 and then Jan 14, 2013 respectively. Then it changed to Jan 23, 2013 and then last Jan 25, 2013.

Correct me if I am wrong but I know in this case they either will send me email/ mail now.

Timeline

Hi Rimpz,

COngrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.