8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello guys! I just want to share my experiecne with you and hopefully somebody has the same situation as mine. I applied my AOS and EAD in May. I got email on Aug. 3, 2006 please see below:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On August 3, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Then got another email saying:

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 7, 2006, an approval notice was

mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,

you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,

please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business

hours.

When they say an approval notice was sent is the card included? Almost 3 months now we did not get anything. I called USCIS and they told me to re-apply again...UGH!!!!!! another $180 can't afford it anymore. And my green card is pending due to FBI name check.

Im so depress of all these things.

Have you moved since you filed for the EAD???? is your name on your mailbox? if I were you I would make an infopass appointment and get them to check what has happened to your card....

Kezzie

Yes, get an infopass and better to write a mail address to USCIS to make sure they get your message. As well if you'll gonna write to them better to attach the notices they sent to you and if they find out it's their mistakes, you don't need to pay anything anymore.

March 31, 2003 Sent I-129F

October 10, 2003 NOA Receipt

November 19, 2003 NOA 2 Approved

February 13, 2004 Embassy Interview & Visa Approved

February 19, 2004 Visa arrived

February 25, 2004 Arrival in USA

March 24, 2004 It's happy wedding day! :)

April 8, 2004 Mailed I-485

April 12, 2004 Received NOA

May 5, 2004 Biometric

December 12, 2004 Interview & Approved

December 26, 2004 Received Green Card

September 27, 2006 Mailed I-751

October 21, 2006 Receipt of NOA

October 23, 2006 NOA of Biometric Appointment

November 8, 2006 Biometric Appoinment

Have you moved since you filed for the EAD???? is your name on your mailbox? if I were you I would make an infopass appointment and get them to check what has happened to your card....

Kezzie

Thanks for the replies. NO.. we did not move. Actually, a week after I followed up my EAD over the phone they sent me a letter that I need to re-apply. They said on the letter that they mailed it and if it was not delivered to our address it would come back to their office.

I didn't get the notice in their said in their email.

What the infopass will to this situation if they sent me a letter that I need to re-apply???

Edited by Traditions Way

you get online in uscis.gov website. Look for Infopass stuff there and make an appoinment online too. Once you have entered your zipcode they would make an appoinment which nearest to your location.

HI, If I make an appointment for infopass where we are going to for the appointment? is it where we had our AOS interview in Detroit? Im from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thanks

March 31, 2003 Sent I-129F

October 10, 2003 NOA Receipt

November 19, 2003 NOA 2 Approved

February 13, 2004 Embassy Interview & Visa Approved

February 19, 2004 Visa arrived

February 25, 2004 Arrival in USA

March 24, 2004 It's happy wedding day! :)

April 8, 2004 Mailed I-485

April 12, 2004 Received NOA

May 5, 2004 Biometric

December 12, 2004 Interview & Approved

December 26, 2004 Received Green Card

September 27, 2006 Mailed I-751

October 21, 2006 Receipt of NOA

October 23, 2006 NOA of Biometric Appointment

November 8, 2006 Biometric Appoinment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hello guys! I just want to share my experiecne with you and hopefully somebody has the same situation as mine. I applied my AOS and EAD in May. I got email on Aug. 3, 2006 please see below:

Current Status:

On August 3, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Then got another email saying:

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 7, 2006, an approval notice was

mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,

you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,

please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business

hours.

When they say an approval notice was sent is the card included? Almost 3 months now we did not get anything. I called USCIS and they told me to re-apply again...UGH!!!!!! another $180 can't afford it anymore. And my green card is pending due to FBI name check.

Im so depress of all these things.

We’ve been in the almost exact same situation! :hehe:

My EAD was approved and mailed; we checked our status online one day and found it had been returned to USCIS :angry: ! Long story short forget the 1800 number they don’t appear to help (they didn’t help us), make an infopass appointment. That’s what we did and they sent out the EAD which arrived about 3 weeks later! Although it took USCIS the best part of 3 months before our EAD case status online was updated to reflect it as mailed. If you’re card was returned then it may not have shown up yet on the system? :blink:

The only advice I could give to you is follow the advice given here make an infopass appointment. I’d recommend that (if you haven’t already) put your name on the outside or the inside of your mailbox as soon as you can. Ask about name on the mailbox at the infopass appointment! I’d also recommend contacting your local post office and informing them where you live and that you suspect that your mail is being returned to the original sender :yes: . Which is what we did and we never had another problem with USCIS mail. :)

Good Luck! :D

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Thanks, Aidan80.

After calling USCIS to follow my EAD card, they sent me a letter saying that my case has been solved and If i did not get the card I need to apply again and pay the necessary fee ... so, what do you think the use of INFOPASS if they told me to apply again, im sure they will tell me the same thing and driving of 4 hours is just waste of time. They told me also in their letter that they did not received the card as undeliverable mail. So, where the hell is my card... It is very frustrating and my green card is still pending due to FBI name check. :crying:

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOR REPLIES.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.