pbgirl

good prepaid calling (esp. for India!)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

But if you are interested in finding a good and reliable way to call overseas, try www.wqn.com. I have tried so many calling cards that I bought off the internet (ALL of them were rip offs with high connections costs) or other prepaid phone companies. This one is the best! Cheapest rate I have found for India (13c a minute to either cell phone or land line) and the clairty and connection is great. And sooo easy to recharge over the web.

If you are intersted in opening an accont, PM me and I can give you a code that will also get you $5 of free calls too.

Also for India (and I have not tried this one) if your loved ones have a Reliance landline, it is only 10c per minute if you go to www.relianceindiacall.com. My huband does not have a Reliance landline so this does not help me.

Edited by pbgirl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have a look at www.onesuite.com, we use them to call Thailand and they are really good (no hidden fees, etc.). Here's a link to the rates for India:

here

-mike

(these are correct rates if you have a local access #, ie live in/near a big city- rates for the toll-free access # are typically about one cent/min. higher)

Edited by mikeize

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

Have a look at www.onesuite.com, we use them to call Thailand and they are really good (no hidden fees, etc.). Here's a link to the rates for India:

here

-mike

(these are correct rates if you have a local access #, ie live in/near a big city- rates for the toll-free access # are typically about one cent/min. higher)

Yeah. Here on Long Island, NY my wife gets calling cards from Queens for like 1 to 1.5 cents/minute to Thailand. Crazy cheap.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

We use this website called ALLPREPAIDONLINE.COM, they have a variety # of cards depending where you are calling, the database will pick which card fits your profile the best. All you need is to open account with them and you are set to go, I've been using them for the past few years now my wife is here we still use them to call home.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

What I find with calling cards are that they do expire, have the connect fee, weekly or monthly service charge and jump in cost when calling a cell phone.

for thailand I have used www.click4prepaid.com. Form my mobile to mobile--from US-- is 6.5 cents/min. Absoluely no extracharges. You can even printout your months usage. If you have a lady in the city with a land line it's around 5/min. I have had a little connect prob from time to time but nothiing to bad. You can check the rates for other countries. I think China is also good.

I have tried at least 30 other cards and sites.

Hope this helps someone--esp a homesick Thai lady--just say call all you want--you wont get the surprise $400 bill.

Take care

Greg and Nin