AichaKandisha

Casa Interview

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sounds like a congrats is in order, just need to get those pictures back...wishing you the best :dance:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok I was somewhat confused with what he told me yesterday. The interviewer told him to come back on Monday with the pictures (still said that he was approved and to wait for her call). He left and then went back and asked the man at the window if he could come back tomorrow (today-Friday) with the pictures. He said yes you can just drop them off here. Soooooooo when he went back today, he told the person at the window that he was there to drop off some pictures and they told him he would have to come back on Monday. The consulate was closed and his interviewer wasn't there until Monday. So he wasted a trip to Casa. But he will be there again on Monday with allllllllllllllllll of the pictures. :yes:

It was a let down to hear that we now have to wait until Monday, but we've waited for so long anyway; what's another 2 days? :blink:

Right now I am watching him sleep on my webcam. :luv: Can't wait until I can see him sleep for real. (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!!

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Right now I am watching him sleep on my webcam. :luv: Can't wait until I can see him sleep for real. (L)

I am glad to see others do that as well, I love to watch him until I sleep, which isn't long since he stays up late so we can talk.

I am sorry to hear that you have to wait until Monday. Insha Allah he will have the visa soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am glad to see others do that as well, I love to watch him until I sleep, which isn't long since he stays up late so we can talk.

I am sorry to hear that you have to wait until Monday. Insha Allah he will have the visa soon.

Oh yeah, I do that too! Ain't it the sweetest thing... I mean next to having them next to you, anyway. I'm sure that all will be well. :thumbs:

Hey, Me&mymoroccan, how long is he going to wait to leave?

Abdel and I were talking about that. Once he is approved, he wants to leave right away. I guess right away is anywhere from the next day to a week. What are some of the prices you've found? I think he saw Royal Air Maroc for like $500 or something like that..... DON'T QUOTE ME :whistle:

Also do you all think it would be better to come on thru JFK, or do they even have a choice....

Monday is gonna be a great day for ya!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline

He will be landing in Chicago. He will be buying his ticket there-probably through Air France. Not sure yet though. From what I've picked up on, Chicago seems to give them a harder time than JFK. I read not too long ago to be SURE that you have a wedding date to tell them! That seemed to be a problem for someone else going through Chicago POE. I haven't seen ticket prices yet. He is well prepared though to get the ticket as soon as he has his visa in hand! He said that he will leave 5-7 days after he has his visa. So, best case scenario, he will be here in 2 weeks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Check lufthansa for flights. I have found them to be cheaper than air france. I hope all goes well with the POE.

Lavon (F)

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
He will be landing in Chicago. He will be buying his ticket there-probably through Air France. Not sure yet though. From what I've picked up on, Chicago seems to give them a harder time than JFK. I read not too long ago to be SURE that you have a wedding date to tell them! That seemed to be a problem for someone else going through Chicago POE. I haven't seen ticket prices yet. He is well prepared though to get the ticket as soon as he has his visa in hand! He said that he will leave 5-7 days after he has his visa. So, best case scenario, he will be here in 2 weeks!

I have also heard to contact the Royal Air Maroc office directly and see if they have any sales. We did find some flights on United/Lufthansa that are well priced (looking at our hopeful scenario!). Good luck to you all.

Wioohooo bring on the visas Casa!! :dance: I think the chat room will be in full swing over the next few weeks!! :jest::pop: (can't find the diet bebsi..can someone help me out? :unsure: )

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

He dropped more pictures off today and was told that he would get a call this week for his visa. :star:

He asked if everything was ok and was told that if there was anything wrong he would have a paper telling him that something was wrong. Alrighty, so now we wait for the call... :whistle:

Timeline
He dropped more pictures off today and was told that he would get a call this week for his visa. :star:

He asked if everything was ok and was told that if there was anything wrong he would have a paper telling him that something was wrong. Alrighty, so now we wait for the call... :whistle:

I admire your patience. That will pay off. Best wishes for a fast call. (F)(F)(F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

...so then they called him at home but he wasn't back from Casa yet. His sister answered and they told her that he needs to bring emails, phone records and chats. I guess the box that was checked was a generic need more photos, emails, phone records, etc. My fiance said that it was his mistake at the interview because he should have asked her to just circle the photos on the paper because he did give her about 300 pages of phone records, chats and emails at the interview.

So as we speak, he is printing another 300 pages of phone records, emails and chats. Tomorrow, yep you guessed it, he is making another trip to Casa.

This is starting to feel a lot like Groundhog Day...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.