Ali_y_Juan

We have our interview date!!! December 18.. few questions! pls help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, Just wanted to follow up. After following the information on this board, we have finally received notice of our interview :)

It is set for Dec. 18 in Cuidad Juarez! I appreciate this site for all the info and awesome board.

I have a few questions as we plan our trip.

Can we set a medical appointment in advance? Or is it first come first served?

If the interview goes well, will my wife be able to cross into the USA? or is there a longer wait after? I dont have many vacation days left at work, so I trying to figure out how long this trip can be.

I read that the petioner does not have to attend. Should I plan not to attend? or should I go for the interview??

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-19

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you can follow guideline on your interview letter to setup your medical appointment done. It takes a week only to get your medical done.

petitiner does not need to be present at interview and its better for you to go alone. If petitioner goes, they can cross-question you both which can makes things worst so better to go alone

It depends country wise, if she is granted visa on spot, she will be allowed 6 months to travel to US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello, Just wanted to follow up. After following the information on this board, we have finally received notice of our interview :)

It is set for Dec. 18 in Cuidad Juarez! I appreciate this site for all the info and awesome board.

If the interview goes well, will my wife be able to cross into the USA? or is there a longer wait after? I dont have many vacation days left at work, so I trying to figure out how long this trip can be.

I read that the petioner does not have to attend. Should I plan not to attend? or should I go for the interview??

First of all Good Luck at the interview. For my case, when the embassy got our package from immigration and I brought in the required documents on the same day, they told me that I can schedule for the medical appointment and then to send them an email to let them know about the medical exam date and they will send me an email back with the interview date. As I did so I didn't get anything back for more than a week and I sent another email again and again nothing, so my fiancee (that time, now my husband) sent them personally an email and he got an answer immediately with the interview date. I still don't get it why they answered to him immediately and not to me at all. I recommend that you try to call them and ask for a medical appointment if it is the right time they will tell you the date if not they won't. The whole thing took 2 weeks, after the interview, which was on a Friday, the consular told me to come on Tuesday to get the visa in my passport. With my visa I could leave even the next day, but I had to wait for another week because it was hard to find an available flight ticket. We booked the flight 1 day before the interview, because I chose to pay for the flight via a bank and I had 3 days to do that, if I didn't pass the interview, I wouldn't have paid at the bank and the flight would have been canceled, so I paid after the interview. You don't have to attend the interview, it is not required. Only for the GC interview you will have to. Good luck.

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

1.) The medical appointment is first come, first serve. The earlier you show up to either of the two clinics, the better.

2.) If all goes well she will just have to wait to get her documentation given to her over the next few days. Some people are lucky and can enter the U.S that same dat, others wait a day or two, or three - it is not set in stone. My fiance (now husband) was there for a total of 8 days, the last 3 days were of him waiting to get his passport back.

3.) Indeed, you do not have to attend. :thumbs:

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.