H&Hzam

Waiting for passport/visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same problem with you guys and my interview last Nov. 5 and they still haven't forward my passport in 2GO so we didn't think it would be forwarded by the time of my flight on Nov 17 so we reschedule my flight on Nov 24..Thanks God I attend CFO seminar before my interview.

wow what is up, y does it take so long to get the visa...its always something

hi guys can u attend the pre departure orientation seminar (is it the same seminar u guys are talking about?) without having your visa? because i think i saw on the pdos website that they need to see if you have a visa to begin with.

If you haven't gone to your interview and you have your passport in hand then go (can't attend the seminar without your passport) to CFO and get the certificate. After interview and got visa from 2Go, go back to CFO and get the sticker.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need your passport it says

Yes and they want copies of the bio page of your passport also. You can attend the CFO seminar before you get your visa but you need your passport so you have to CFO before your interview at the embassy or wait until your visa/passport is delivered.

center] CFO: [/center]

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (exception: Tuesday & Thursday mornings there are 30 slots). It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

yea maybe as a form of id. u dont need visa to get certificate just go get it. when u get visa u go in there and register and they

stamp ur passport (or give u a sticker)...so if ur in a hurry u dont have to spend a whole day with the cfo seminar, u just go in and 10 minutes later walk out good to go and u can go get ur flight that day if u wanted to.

Timeline

i did not need my passport for pdos and went back and got mine stamped 3 years ago when i had my interview and came to america,but my uncle and his family F4 VISA had there interview last week and now are waiting for there 2go delivery too,but they went to THE CFO buliding and was told THEY NEED THERE PASSPORT TO TAKE THE SEMINAR,so differant info they are getting.i told them they dont need and cfo said they need

Note:

The Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) is not the same as the Guidance and Counseling Seminar.

The Guidance and Counseling Seminar is for fiancé(e)s and spouses. The PDOS is for other emigrants.

Fiancé(e)s and spouses can attend the Guidance and Counseling Seminar either before or after they have their visas.

If you attend the Guidance and Counseling Seminar before your Embassy interview, you can get your CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC), but you will have to wait until after your Embassy interview and after you have received your passport and visa in order to get the CFO sticker. When you attend the Guidance and Counseling Seminar before your Embassy interview, bring along your passport and two photocopies of your passport's biographical page, as well as the other requirements.

If you have your passport and visa already, you can attend the Guidance and Counseling Seminar, get your Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC), and get your CFO sticker all in one day. If you attend the Guidance and Counseling Seminar after you have received your passport and visa, bring along your passport and two photocopies of your passport's biographical page, as well as the other requirements.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same problem with you guys and my interview last Nov. 5 and they still haven't forward my passport in 2GO so we didn't think it would be forwarded by the time of my flight on Nov 17 so we reschedule my flight on Nov 24..Thanks God I attend CFO seminar before my interview.

Hi! did your passport is in your hand now? :)

AOS TIMEFRAME
CIS Office: Seattle, WA
Date Filled: Jan. 25, 2013
NOA1 Date: Feb. 06, 2013
Biometrics Appt: Mar. 04, 2013
Interview Date: Apr. 24, 2013
Greencard Approved: May 21, 2013

EAD / AP
Date Filled: Jan. 25, 2013
NOA1 Date: Feb. 06, 2013
Approved Date: Mar. 26, 2013
Card Production: Mar. 26, 2013
EAD / AP Received: Apr. 03, 2013
Card / Document Production: Mar. 26, 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.