2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for posting N400-2011. It's very encouraging to hear from those who that undertaken this journey before us. I'm glad you posted the link to your post on changing your ssn. My ex has all that information so i will have to do that ASAP! One question though: How did changing your ssn affect your drivers license, taxes, bank accounts, etc? Was it a hassle to change all that?

Of course it was a total nightmare to change the number with every single account you have but it was so worth it when it all got done. Some places will ask you to mail a copy of the new card to them - I refused to do that. I would tell them to provide me with a fax number, and a phone number near the fax machine for me to call to verify that they had received the fax.\ (and record the names, ID's, dates, and times that you spoke with someone at the various institutions).

The first step is just sitting down and making a list of everywhere you have to update with the new number when you receive it. It took awhile for everything to be completed but it got done. My old social is still tied to my name and to my new number but it is totally inactive. However, your credit report information is transferred over to the new number so you don't have to start building credit from scratch again.

Good luck.

Edited by N400-2011

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi everyone i'm new to this forum and i'm going out of my mind waiting for a decision on my vawa i 360 petition. i have a lawyer who is handling this for me and we filled in may 2012. we initially started preparing in jan of 2012 when my husband was in jail for beating me. my lawyer says i have a strong case and has no doubts that it will be approved but the wait is killing me! i haven't filled for AOS yet or an EAD, just cant wait to start my life. i haven't received any RFE's but i also noticed that other members that filled around the same time as me have been approved????????? am i missing something? and why would my lawyer opt to wait to file for AOS an EAD when he knows i am going out of my mind being unable to work? i appreciate any input and wish everyone the best. :-)

02-03-2006 I130 filed

10-16-2006 I130 approved

05-15-2012 I360 sent

05-29-2012 I360 receipt date

06-04-2012 1st prima facie received

11-16-2012 2nd prima facie sent out

05-01-2013 3rd prima facie sent out

05-16-2013 I360 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone i'm new to this forum and i'm going out of my mind waiting for a decision on my vawa i 360 petition. i have a lawyer who is handling this for me and we filled in may 2012. we initially started preparing in jan of 2012 when my husband was in jail for beating me. my lawyer says i have a strong case and has no doubts that it will be approved but the wait is killing me! i haven't filled for AOS yet or an EAD, just cant wait to start my life. i haven't received any RFE's but i also noticed that other members that filled around the same time as me have been approved????????? am i missing something? and why would my lawyer opt to wait to file for AOS an EAD when he knows i am going out of my mind being unable to work? i appreciate any input and wish everyone the best. :-)

I did apply at the same time as u but im still waiting i guess we should start waiting from next month. Your lawyer should apply for ur EAD to be honnest with u i noticed that a lot of lawyer do not have many experience handling vawa cases.

Ukcrybaby welcome!! my lawyer used to tell me the same thing that l have a strong case.l applied in nov 2011 and got an RFE in feb 2013.l sent my rfe yesterday hopefully l should hear from them soon.my lawyer did not file my AOS together with the i360 now he,s telling me that l will have to pay for the Aos plus the lawyer fee if l get approved.doesnt make sense at all....

Ukcrybaby welcome!! my lawyer used to tell me the same thing that l have a strong case.l applied in nov 2011 and got an RFE in feb 2013.l sent my rfe yesterday hopefully l should hear from them soon.my lawyer did not file my AOS together with the i360 now he,s telling me that l will have to pay for the Aos plus the lawyer fee if l get approved.doesnt make sense at all....

Missybaby what was ur RFE about?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks emonezama. @ missymd i really hope this is not a tactic they use to get money if so he should have applied for my EAD cos my pockets are empty lol. i hope you get good news soon. its so good to actually be able to talk to ppl about this other than my lawyer who im sure is getting tired of my venting, i have had noone to talk to. im wondering if i should pressure him about my EAD and AOS?

02-03-2006 I130 filed

10-16-2006 I130 approved

05-15-2012 I360 sent

05-29-2012 I360 receipt date

06-04-2012 1st prima facie received

11-16-2012 2nd prima facie sent out

05-01-2013 3rd prima facie sent out

05-16-2013 I360 APPROVED!!!!!

Emonezama they wanted proof of abused of which l was still going to a therapist when l applied so l didnt send the report at that time bcos l wanted to make a strong report.they also wanted me to clarify some things like why my bank account had limited activity and why some of our bills didnt have both our names together,but l explained all that...l have my fingers crossed right now...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello, I just want to give u all some info about my case - I saw so many people asking the same thing about the I-360 .

My receipt date for my I-360 is may 18 2011 , i received the prima facie may 24 2011 and my case was approve August 1 2012 .

My i- 485 ( base on I-130) was pending at the time that I send my I-360 so I always have work authorization . As for today I'm still waiting to received interview date for the GC . Yesterday I ask my lawyer to contact my congressman to check if he can help. ( I hope he will)

Also I see somebody that his lawyer asking more money to send the I-485 so my advise is do it by yourself

People here can help you to do it it's just to put information in the correct place or you can get free lawyer in some association . And ask the immigration to waive the fee.

I have a free lawyer from Latin American association ( I'm not Latino but they help me) and I didn't pay anything to the immigration.

My lawyer only charged me a flat rate of $3000 and I didn't pay for my I485 or any other forms.She probably charged about a $150 for mailing and getting police clearances in the two years I have had her. She never charged for inquires either. I didnt even ask her to inquire and she is inquiring by herself. She said she trying to get in touch with the supervisor and will be keep on calling them every week or so until she gets a response. Other than the $3000 she said there would be a $500 fee and that is after the vawa is approved and its for her to go to the AOS interview with me.

As for my case, I filed in August 2011, on November 2012 I got a rfe for good moral certificate because one county misspelled my name so we had to get the clearances. Its been 71 days now and I m still waiting for a decision. My current status says rfe review response. According to my lawyer she said its just a qualification thing and I dont have to worry. I hope so. Fingers crossed.

Sandra in your opinion and from what you have seen how much longer would it take to get a decision. My prima facie says within 150 days and online said within 60 days.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

rkina probably they will adjudicate your case soon, but you should ask your congress person to request information about your Vawa. You filed in August 2011 and they are adjudicating cases filed in November/Dez 2011 and some filed in Jan/March 2012. Contact your congress person.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

ukcrybaby most lawyers inform their clients that they can file forms I-485 and I-765 along with form I-360, and usually we explain if your vawa is denied and you have a pending I-485 then USCIS will start with removal proceedings after the denial,but if you filed I-360 alone and your case is denied Uscis is not removing the individual from the Country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.