2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

THEy know they cant interview the abuser, they are well trained, and i truly believe they wont do that, but if she is there she can try to talk to them,I am afraid of this.Panama guy was abused so bad i hope he has the strength to answer the questions.Good luck

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

guys they was here for other reason, was nothing to do with my case. Someone report my company to authorites saying that I have Ilegal Immigrants working at my facility. My company participate with E-verify and I follow they rules. more than half of my people working here are latin but all have papers. So they just ask for paperwork from my files for employees and after looking at it and veryfiyng everythign with everyone. they apologise for the incovenience and left.

I m sure its my wifes doing, she is evil, yesterday she called me and asked where i was , i said on the way home, but traffic was horrible, she told me that hurry up because i need some money to buy myself some shoes that I saw at the mall. ALL lie she needs money for drugs thats all. And she was crazy when i got home because of bad traffic ,called me names and told me she will show my A** that she can do what she treat to do. she is just showing me that she can do it , she can ruin my life. they dont even ask me for my papers or anything, only employess, that was weird. maybe they know my vawa is pending.

Edited by PANAMA-GUY

They probably do know everything is connected thank God PANAMA-GUY all your paperwork for the business was in order God is good phewwww!!!!! As for your wife dont worry God doesnt sleep she will soon pay for the torture and pain she has caused you. Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning!!!!!

They probably do know everything is connected thank God PANAMA-GUY all your paperwork for the business was in order God is good phewwww!!!!! As for your wife dont worry God doesnt sleep she will soon pay for the torture and pain she has caused you. Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning!!!!!

yes I always keep my paperwork here in order. Since i got the business after i received my work permit ,I make sure to keep everything in perfect order. They was very professional and even apologize for the incovenience, wish me good luck , I dont know why they said GOOD LUCK because this is not a brand new business but they did said that anyway. weird, look like they knew about my Vawa case.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If they did not ask papers regarding your status they know you have a vawa pending. Last year uscis visited one of the abused girl because she said she was still living With the abuser in the same house and they asked her some questions and asked her sister some question as well thank God the abuser wasnt at home.She got her approval after 5 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Panamaguy thats great...they might know about your vawa case by checking your immigration status.. they can check anyone immigration status in their centralized computer system. it might help your vawa case...

somehow i think you are one of actor like carlos solis of Desperate Housewives.. because he was also businessman and his wife spend money and behave like yours... you must watch this serial...

Filed: Timeline

Good Luck Panamaguy, we are here for you!

04/24/2012 - VAWA I-360 Received by VSC

05/02/2012 - Receipt Notice Issued (received in hand on 5/08/2012)

05/03/2012 - 180-day Notice of Prima Facie Issued(received in hand on 5/08/2012)

10/02/2012 - Mailed request for renewal of Prima Facie

10/18/2012 - Received renewed 180-day notice of Prima Facie

10/26/2012 - Filed i-485 and i-765 for EAD with request to join them to my pending i-360

10/31/2012 - Receipt Notices Issued for i-485 and i-765, fees waived (received in hand on 11/05/2012)

11/02/2012 - Appointment notice issued for i-485 biometrics appointment on 11/27/2012

11/08/2012 - Biometrics notice received and returned with a request to reschedule.

11/15/2012 - i-765 Approved / Notice Mailed / Card Production Ordered

11/19/2012 - EAD Card Mailed / Approval Notice Paper Copy Received

11/23/2012 - EAD Card DELIVERED!11/30/2012 - SSN applied for - card received 7 days later!

12/14/2012 - Biometrics done (walked in a few days before my appointment, was a great experience!)

04/05/2013 - Third Prima Facie Received valid for 60 days

04/11/2013 - Sent additional evidence that was unavailable at time of filing, received by VSC on 4/15/2013.

04/18/2013 - Touched (acknowledgment of correspondence received by USCIS)

04/26/2013 - I360 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/02/2013 - Received in mail approval notice (dated 4/24/2013 - a year to the day that i filed!) and notice of deferred action.

06/24/2013 - i-485 Transferred to NBC "to speed up processing"

07/03/2013 - RFE for medical

10/10/2013 - RFE response mailed, a few days late - praying that its still accepted!

10/17/2013 - Case updated to show 'RFE Response Review'... waiting on an interview date now i think!<p>

04/16/2014 - GC INTERVIEW!!!!! Felt it did not go well

05/02/2014 - green card approved!

(I am filing by myself without the help of an attorney)

YES Sandra I think they know about my case. indianguyyyy I know witch guy you talking about lol, i have seen that show before.

Thank God for this forum, it easy my mind when I m here, you guys been a great help. we understand the others here because we are in the same situation.

Hey Sandraj....A quick question for you plz.., you said people who filed VAWA on "Nov 2011 and February 2012 it means they will adjudicate your case soon but if you filed between March/July etc 2012 you will have To wait a few months" But According to 37Shells her CASE was Filed on April 2012 and She got APPROVED on April 2013. Help there please....am not getting it

Edited by Akumu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I haven't posted in the VAWA threads for a long time. Just wanted all of you to know that there is a light at the end of the long seemingly never-ending VAWA journey. Got my greencard through VAWA in 2008 and became a citizen in 2011. I read the last few pages, and I just have to say that it is good to see you guys supporting each other, and I agree that you just have to ignore the people who argue with you and disagree with everything you write. I know how that is - people on forums and even your friends will never understand what it is like, unless (God forbid) they go through it themselves. Keep the faith, be truthful with USCIS, and it will all work out in the end.

But, above all...be safe!

Good luck to you all!

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to add this, in case some of you don't know. Victims of domestic violence can apply for new social security numbers without needing to show identity theft. This is just something else to consider to keep safe. I found my old thread with all the information here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/104039-fyi-new-ssn/?p=1475332

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Thank you for posting N400-2011. It's very encouraging to hear from those who that undertaken this journey before us. I'm glad you posted the link to your post on changing your ssn. My ex has all that information so i will have to do that ASAP! One question though: How did changing your ssn affect your drivers license, taxes, bank accounts, etc? Was it a hassle to change all that?

July 2011 - Applied for VAWA with I-765 and I-485 with fee waivers - receipt date Aug 4, 2011
August 10th 2011 - Received NOA's for all 3, fee waivers accepted
August 26th 2011 - Received EAD
Early July 2012 - Re-applied for EAD based on pending I-485
Mid July 2012 - Received NOA for 2nd EAD
August 1st 2012 - Received EAD
Silence for a few more months
October 26th 2012 - I-360 approval
November 19th '12 - Case transferred
May 2013 - Received interview notice

June 2013 - Interview (approved)

Permanent resident since June 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.