Timzel

Health Issues

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

We applied for K1 Visa. Before this happened My OB GYN found out that I have a cyst in my 2 ovaries and paratubal cyst. The doctor didnt suggest to have it removed just yet. I want this to be removed asap and be healthy. I'll be seeing my OB GYN next week and discuss to her my options. I really want this lil monsters out of my system its kinda scary. Would it be best to get Medical Exam first and then possibly get an operation scheduled or is it best to finish the K1 first. Would this be an issue if i go to the US. Need help please.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Razel

XOXO- Timzel

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello,

We applied for K1 Visa. Before this happened My OB GYN found out that I have a cyst in my 2 ovaries and paratubal cyst. The doctor didnt suggest to have it removed just yet. I want this to be removed asap and be healthy. I'll be seeing my OB GYN next week and discuss to her my options. I really want this lil monsters out of my system its kinda scary. Would it be best to get Medical Exam first and then possibly get an operation scheduled or is it best to finish the K1 first. Would this be an issue if i go to the US. Need help please.

Razel

Do you have medical insurance?

Would an operation that you elect to have that is not recommended as medically necessary be covered by your insurance?

If you don't have medical insurance AND the cysts are not a threat to your health [i did not look up any information about them], could you wait until you get to the US and be covered by your Fiancé's medical insurance?

Hello,

Razel

Razel, it should not be an issue with your medical examination at St. Luke's for your K1 Visa. Your medical situation does not appear to be a contagious disease as defined by the CDC. This is so I could give you a short answer and I would not speculate on your other problems.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In all honesty these issues (ovarian cysts) if your doctor doesn't see a need to have them removed, you don't have to. They aren't generally life threatening or a problem. I have ovarian cysts, they are so common and rarely is it recommended that they need to be removed.

The only reason I had them removed is I had hundreds and some were very large.

If you feel you have to have them removed, do it but if your doctor doesn't feel you need to, I wouldn't.

Either way, having ovarian cysts won't affect your k-1 process.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Timeline

Do you have medical insurance?

Would an operation that you elect to have that is not recommended as medically necessary be covered by your insurance?

If you don't have medical insurance AND the cysts are not a threat to your health [i did not look up any information about them], could you wait until you get to the US and be covered by your Fiancé's medical insurance?

I dont know if he has a medical insurance. Im thinking since I have HMO medical insurance here covered by my employer I would like to take advantage of that before I leave. Im just kind of skeptical if this would afftect my K1. Thank you

Razel, it should not be an issue with your medical examination at St. Luke's for your K1 Visa. Your medical situation does not appear to be a contagious disease as defined by the CDC. This is so I could give you a short answer and I would not speculate on your other problems.

Yes thats what im thinking too. Just wanna be healthy and health issue free when i get to the US.

XOXO- Timzel

Timeline

In all honesty these issues (ovarian cysts) if your doctor doesn't see a need to have them removed, you don't have to. They aren't generally life threatening or a problem. I have ovarian cysts, they are so common and rarely is it recommended that they need to be removed.

The only reason I had them removed is I had hundreds and some were very large.

If you feel you have to have them removed, do it but if your doctor doesn't feel you need to, I wouldn't.

Either way, having ovarian cysts won't affect your k-1 process.

Hello, we learned that i have ovarian cyst way back 2004, and then after few years the other ovary became polycystic and it also grew a paratubal cyst. The doctor said that if I dont feel any pain then she wouldnt recommend having it removed.

Did they remove both ovaries?

Thank you.

XOXO- Timzel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.