prettyMom

CONFUSED -- wait or withraw and refile?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

So my fiance filed a K1 visa petition and mailed the I-129f forms without any supporting documents of relationship. I know we messed up the application for not doing some research prior the filing. Now, nearly 9 months after the NOA1, we were informed by the service center representative that USCIS lost our application and were advised to wait 90 days for they try to locate our application.

Now, whats confusing me is should we wait 90 days and wait for denial (cause its possible the petition will be denied for not sending any documents supporting the relationship

) or not to wait and just withraw the first petition and refile--this time with every piece of relationship evidence will be submitted

Replies will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Now my concern is: do we

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry what happened : You admit a mistake about supportive evidence in the Original 129-F. BUT YET ! You Have a NOA1 and Case #. So therefore, it is a matter of record with your Service Center and USCIS. A RFE should have sent along time ago for missing information (not a denial of the petition but that can happen) This is Not the case with your petition. Now, they said they lost it. Wait 90 days. No.... Refile and spend all that money again and start the process over? Maybe or Maybe not.

Try this if you have'nt already. Have the Petitioner Contact his Congressman and have him/her Contact your Service Center and wait for their reply. Then put in a Service Request to pull up your Petition. Everything you do as well as a inquiry from your Congressman is a Matter of Record. If and may happen they need additional information a RFE will be sent. But, thats a good thing and hopefuly after responding to that RFE your NOA2 in hand shortly and not have to start all-over. Lost paperwork after they Cashed the Petitioners Check is a LAME Excuse after 9 months. Your post does indicate your tried this Route. Please make a Time-Line and keep Members informed. Don't be in a hurry to withdraw and start anew as of yet. Tim

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What exactly did you send? It is very unlikely the petition will be denied if you didn't send any photos/ phone bills etc- those things can be brought to interview. Even if you didn't send proof of meeting in person, they usually issue a RFE rather than deny outright. That would add a little time but one they find your file, you can ask for an expedite due to USCIS error (as they admitted to loosing your file and thus delaying the process).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It depends on how much information you sent as to whether they will deny. Even then it depends on the person who looks at your petition. They may outright deny or may send an RFE.

9 months is a long time to wait for an NOA2 (approval) - I would be calling and talking to a Tier 2 person who can advise you as to your status - you need to take action - don't just wait... months can go by without any activity.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your input guys.

@Tim -- he's going to see his congressman tomorrow and hopefully getting good news about our case.

@Penguin_ie -- unfortunately, only the i-129f forms were submitted and of course the filing fee.

@Andie -- thank you.

So guys, here's our other option. DUPLICATE PETITION. We are beyond projected processin time and i have read in some forum that we could do that to replace the missing original submission since the USCIS admitted that they lost our file. And maybe this is our chance to submit all the necessary documents that we should have sent along with the 129f in our original submission.

You think guys it would be a better idea? Providing we have not receive a request of it from the USCIS..

Thank u.

Edited by prettyMom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.