JLDNNYC

DX Envelope with passport/documents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear All,

Has anyone recently been approved in the UK and has received a delivery with their stuff from DX? If so, what do you do with the sealed plastic envelope? Reason I am asking is that no one told me on my day of the interview, and there is no instructions on the outside of the plastic envelope.

As for now I haven't opened anything but I must wonder how I'd be able to leave the UK if the plastic envelope remains sealed as I will be asked to show a passport upon leaving the UK I'd assume...

Any answers, especially from people with recent experience being granted a CR-1 in the UK and already in the US are much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Josef

Dear All,

Has anyone recently been approved in the UK and has received a delivery with their stuff from DX? If so, what do you do with the sealed plastic envelope? Reason I am asking is that no one told me on my day of the interview, and there is no instructions on the outside of the plastic envelope.

As for now I haven't opened anything but I must wonder how I'd be able to leave the UK if the plastic envelope remains sealed as I will be asked to show a passport upon leaving the UK I'd assume...

Any answers, especially from people with recent experience being granted a CR-1 in the UK and already in the US are much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Josef

hello dear friend

pleaseeeee do not open anything before you are sure of what you should really do !!! i was approved a k1 visa in american embassy in London and no one told me anything on the day about the sealed envelope either and i got the same plastic envelope with no instruction on it (to do not open i mean !) so i opened it and i got myself in a big s***t ,and it resulted them canceling my k1 visa and asked us to re apply again :((

i guess i wasnt the only person to get such an envelop !!

please do not open it and even if you have to take it to the embassy and show it to them and ask them what to do !

good luck to you

Dear All,

Thanks,

Josef

hello dear friend

pleaseeeee do not open anything before you are sure of what you should really do !!! i was approved a k1 visa in american embassy in London and no one told me anything on the day about the sealed envelope either and i got the same plastic envelope with no instruction on it (to do not open i mean !) so i opened it and i got myself in a big s***t ,and it resulted them canceling my k1 visa and asked us to re apply again :((

please do not open it and even if you have to take it to the embassy and show it to them and ask them what to do !

good luck to you

I think you leave it sealed and when you use your Point Of Entry (POE) they open the envelope. I don't think it contains your passport, that should have been be sent to you but double check with others who have come in from the UK under your regional board if one doesn't answer here.

But from the NVC website:

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. port-of-entry and request permission to enter the United States. You should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to permit or deny admission to the U.S. Upon arrival at the port-of-entry, be prepared to present to the CBP officer your passport with visa and your unopened/sealed packet containing your documents. Travelers should review important information about admissions and entry requirements on the CBP website under Travel.I highlighted the relevant spot. :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hello dear friend

good luck to you

I am still very confused. My passport is inside this plastic bag. So my assumption is, that the plastic bag does need to be opened and I can also clearly feel another envelope inside the plastic bag. So, I would think that's the one I am not supposed to open!?!?

How else can you leave the country if your passport is inside this sealed plastic bag. I would think UK immigration would not let you pass past security without presenting your passport, or would they?

I think you leave it sealed and when you use your Point Of Entry (POE) they open the envelope. I don't think it contains your passport, that should have been be sent to you but double check with others who have come in from the UK under your regional board if one doesn't answer here.

But from the NVC website:

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. port-of-entry and request permission to enter the United States. You should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to permit or deny admission to the U.S. Upon arrival at the port-of-entry, be prepared to present to the CBP officer your passport with visa and your unopened/sealed packet containing your documents. Travelers should review important information about admissions and entry requirements on the CBP website under Travel.I highlighted the relevant spot. :D

It does contain my passport, 100%, as I can also feel it floating around in the sealed plastic bag. Hence still very confused as I can't leave the UK without presenting a passport I'd think....

It does contain my passport, 100%, as I can also feel it floating around in the sealed plastic bag. Hence still very confused as I can't leave the UK without presenting a passport I'd think....

oh i see sorry i didnt catch that part :bonk: ... soooo you are talking about the envelop that the DX handed you???? if so then you should open that cuz it has your passport in it :yes: the sealed envelop is always inside the first package .

open the first package and keep the sealed envelop safe :)

good luck :thumbs:

oh i see sorry i didnt catch that part :bonk: ... soooo you are talking about the envelop that the DX handed you???? if so then you should open that cuz it has your passport in it :yes: the sealed envelop is always inside the first package .

open the first package and keep the sealed envelop safe :)

good luck :thumbs:

That's right. Well I just opened the DX plastic envelope and all is clear now. Inside it was my passport and an envelope which I am not allowed to open. Now the case is clear :) :) Thanks for your help!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.