Kehinde

Approvals / lies

27 posts in this topic

I don't believe that anyone would lie about their status if it was denied... I think there's a kind of mix up somewhere, otherwise, who amongst our member here is the alleged lier? There might be a sudden change and maybe the individual was tired of sharing? Maybe after some deeper such a person wanted to move on to the next level by coming back to get the strength need to continue here, I don't know... But I am not holding brief for anyone that tell lies... But I feel nobody can claim approved when denied actually, it make no sense at all... Let's verify our facts and continue to help one another... Moreover, this forum is mostly anonymous posters, hence nobody really get to meet you unless you choose to be fully identified... I hope we can focus on more realistic issues rather than trying to insinuate that some people are lying... The help I got from people here in this forum made me believe that people here are truthful and not liars... May God bless all

:thumbs:

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I don't believe that anyone would lie about their status if it was denied... I think there's a kind of mix up somewhere, otherwise, who amongst our member here is the alleged lier? There might be a sudden change and maybe the individual was tired of sharing? Maybe after some deeper such a person wanted to move on to the next level by coming back to get the strength need to continue here, I don't know... But I am not holding brief for anyone that tell lies... But I feel nobody can claim approved when denied actually, it make no sense at all... Let's verify our facts and continue to help one another... Moreover, this forum is mostly anonymous posters, hence nobody really get to meet you unless you choose to be fully identified... I hope we can focus on more realistic issues rather than trying to insinuate that some people are lying... The help I got from people here in this forum made me believe that people here are truthful and not liars... May God bless all

You will be surprised at how many either lie or just don't ever come back to VJ again. "at least not under the same user name." Its a shameful truth. When you ar going through something so devastating some people can't handle it. I thought i was going to have heart attack. Living in Denial feeds the soul for a while ( its the first step to acceptance) for some. But lets not lat that stop us from continuing to help each other. And pray for those that choose to find help else where.

Edited by Olami

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All well stated. All I can add is I agree. :thumbs:

Edited by 2HeartsR1

USCIS

Sent I-130 Petition - 11-23-11

NOA1 - 11-25-11

Sent K-3 Petition - 12-13-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

Submitted RFE Info - 8-23-12

Request to Withdraw K-3 Sent - 8-25-12

NOA2 I-130 APPROVED - 8-27-12

NOA2 K-3 APPROVED - 8-27-12

I-797C received in the mail for I-130 ad K-3 - 8-31-12

I-130 was approved 254 days from NOA1 date

NVC

NVC Received/Email Notification - 9-5-12

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

Paid I-864 Fee - 9-6-2012

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

I-864 accepted - 10-11-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

Response to RFE received - 10-15-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

USCIS request case be returned to them - 10-18-12

NVC reports case sent back on - 10-22-12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I amanazed at the write up, what's the proof that some people actually lied about being approved. I really don't think anyone that got denied would even have the strenght to login vj and start lying about being approved and comfortably taking my congratulations.

Lets not shout over what does not exist or make things up, this forum is open to different folks from all over. Nigerians are not that extremely bad!!!!!!!

Timeline

I amanazed at the write up, what's the proof that some people actually lied about being approved. I really don't think anyone that got denied would even have the strenght to login vj and start lying about being approved and comfortably taking my congratulations.

Lets not shout over what does not exist or make things up, this forum is open to different folks from all over. Nigerians are not that extremely bad!!!!!!!

I am even more amazed that it is actually happening.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It puzzles me why people that don't get approved come back after their interview and say that they were approved and later we find them on the site asking about "Appeals". I guess maybe they are either in denial or they dont want people to look at them as if they were failures. We all know either by experience or by reading how hard it is, so we don't have to lie, sometime the first interview always goes bad at the Nigerian Consulate. We are here to comfort each other after denials cos we eventually get passed it (like I did) You are down but not out. After my denial we had a whole year set back but here we are a year later and happier than ever. And i soo much appreciate the shoulders here on VJ that had my back and gave me advice or i could not have made it. I recommend this site to anybody that has been denied. It helps so much.

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It puzzles me why people that don't get approved come back after their interview and say that they were approved and later we find them on the site asking about "Appeals". I guess maybe they are either in denial or they dont want people to look at them as if they were failures. We all know either by experience or by reading how hard it is, so we don't have to lie, sometime the first interview always goes bad at the Nigerian Consulate. We are here to comfort each other after denials cos we eventually get passed it (like I did) You are down but not out. After my denial we had a whole year set back but here we are a year later and happier than ever. And i soo much appreciate the shoulders here on VJ that had my back and gave me advice or i could not have made it. I recommend this site to anybody that has been denied. It helps so much.

You are right....there is nothing to be a shame about. I proudly and furiously announced my husband was denied and asked for help to refute their dumb reasons. Now we have another interview on 20th of December! I even called to have it set an earlier date but no luck so far.

There are people in similar situations that are looking for help so lying won't help you or them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many were denied first time around, it is a shock and throws your plans for the future into a spin. Some have boasted here that they are beyond denial, that God wouldn't let them fail , that their petitions are perfect. To some after making these boasts it is hard to own up to having been less that perfect. These people probably were no more humble in their real life and are dealing with explainng to family ( who have most likely been raising the fraud banner all along ) that the embassy has declared their relationship for immigration purposes only , giving fuel to the claim by the persons family/firends that everything Nigerian is 419. Obviously there is a percentage of these people who have uncovered falsehoods and are embarrased about the outcome of the relationship and they probably just fade from the board. Some just need to keep their VJ fantasy image intact.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How did you get that done?

Well...we waited until the letter came explaining why we were denied the first time. We wrote a letter refuting the decision and provided more evidence of our marriage. We included letters from families on both sides and we have joint properties. We also have wills as well which is very important because family members can fight against you even if you are married.

We take pictures of everything we do even our bed times! We forwarded all of that to USCIS and they reaffirmed our case and gave us a date in December. We want to be able to come and go as we please and not having to wait until our visas arrive...too time consuming!!!

How is your journey?

Timeline

Well...we waited until the letter came explaining why we were denied the first time. We wrote a letter refuting the decision and provided more evidence of our marriage. We included letters from families on both sides and we have joint properties. We also have wills as well which is very important because family members can fight against you even if you are married.

We take pictures of everything we do even our bed times! We forwarded all of that to USCIS and they reaffirmed our case and gave us a date in December. We want to be able to come and go as we please and not having to wait until our visas arrive...too time consuming!!!

How is your journey?

Wow! yours went exactly like mine did.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.