RobDinsmore

Interview Appointment -letter? China

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I finally got word from the NVC over the phone that we have an interview date on 12/12/12 in Guangzhou. When should we receive some official notification and how will that arrive? We did the NVC leg electronically.

Failed K1 October 2011Married 12/19/2011

Filed CR1 - Priority date 1/05/2012

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

I finally got word from the NVC over the phone that we have an interview date on 12/12/12 in Guangzhou. When should we receive some official notification and how will that arrive? We did the NVC leg electronically.

Good for you that you already got your interview date. :) May I ask when was your case completed in NVC? Thanks!

N-400 Naturalization:

11/23/2016: Eligible

Day 00 - 12/13/2016: Mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via FedEx Express Saver

Day 02 - 12/15/2016: N-400 application delivered

Day 07 - 12/20/2016: Credit card charged

Day 02 - 12/15/2016 Priority Date

Timeline

Rob wat is your pd? Thanks!

Priority date? Don't get me started on how long this has been ;). 1/05/12 ( 1 mistake at USCIS- lost evidence part of packet cost 3 weeks, another mistake at NVC, lost Marriage Certificate cost ~ 3 more weeks)

Good for you that you already got your interview date. :) May I ask when was your case completed in NVC? Thanks!

I am guessing last Friday they completed it after reviewing my service request and finding the lost Marriage certificate in the email with every other document.

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

sometime within the next 72 hours, you and yer lass will BOTH receive an appointment letter via email.

<EOM>

----

keywords: Guangzhou, EP, GZO, Electronic Processing, NVC, NVCEP

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

sometime within the next 72 hours, you and yer lass will BOTH receive an appointment letter via email.

<EOM>

----

I posted the same question in the China board, but I will ask in this thread too. What is the quickest option to get the visa in hand? What is a safe time to expect a definite delivery of the visa by mail to Xi'an? Since this is so damn close to the holidays and my forced vacation, I want to maximize my time off available with my wife. I may travel to China and come back with her or try to get her here ASAP, but of course I want to plan ahead with the tickets because the price difference is pretty severe.

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

I posted the same question in the China board, but I will ask in this thread too. What is the quickest option to get the visa in hand? What is a safe time to expect a definite delivery of the visa by mail to Xi'an? Since this is so damn close to the holidays and my forced vacation, I want to maximize my time off available with my wife. I may travel to China and come back with her or try to get her here ASAP, but of course I want to plan ahead with the tickets because the price difference is pretty severe.

One more question:

I recieved the email, this is the document list S means they have a scanned copy and need an original. F means N/A and Y means they have when they need. Do they not need the original police certificate? I ask this because I do not trust them. Both CIS and NVC "lost" a document so I am 0 for 2 in getting things through them without a mistake on their part. Can I tell my wife to bring the bolded documents listed below and have confidence that we will have fully completed this checklist?

DocumentName Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONPART 1 S

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONPART 2 S

Thisis the DS230 form you have.

2 - PASSPORT Y

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE S

WhiteBook 1

4 - ADOPTION F

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE S

Whitebook 2

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F

7 - COURT RECORDS F

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE S

i-864+ evidence I will send this to the hotel in Guangzhou

9 - MILITARY RECORDS F

10 - CHINA - MAINLANDPOLICE CERTIFICATE Y

White book 3 ( not sure why theydo not ask for this)

FEE PAYMENT $

PHOTOGRAPH Y

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

GUZ P3 SUPPLEMENT Y

Edited by RobDinsmore

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Timeline

Bring all that was sent to NVC, to document intake day.

It's a side effect of using EP with NVC for a visa application headed to Guangzhou IV,

Guangzhou IV wants to see all on doc intake day.

Congrats on getting the appointment email !

She should print it out, as she'll need it for getting the medical done and getting into the IV Unit in Guangzhou.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

<EOM>

----

:thumbs:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Bring all that was sent to NVC, to document intake day.

It's a side effect of using EP with NVC for a visa application headed to Guangzhou IV,

Guangzhou IV wants to see all on doc intake day.

Congrats on getting the appointment email !

She should print it out, as she'll need it for getting the medical done and getting into the IV Unit in Guangzhou.

I am glad I came back to read this. Damn misleading info. We will bring all and then some ;)

Interview 12/12/2012

POE SFO 12/22/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.