FaithInUs

Anyone denied a tourist visa to Nigeria?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you chose to do this, I would go with what the website says...wife accept immigration responsibility and husband submit a letter of request.

Which I believe the letter they are speaking of from the wife to submit would be more like accepting their rules, laws, etc., which the husband couldn't do that. The letter the husband submits would be similar to the letter of invitation he submits when you apply for a Nigerian Visa from the U.S. to go to Nigeria. #justathought

thnk u makes sense

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I filed for a Niger wife Visa and was approved, but they gave him a residence permit card which expires in a year until I am there with my passport so they can add the visa page into my passport.

USCIS

Sent I-130 Petition - 11-23-11

NOA1 - 11-25-11

Sent K-3 Petition - 12-13-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

Submitted RFE Info - 8-23-12

Request to Withdraw K-3 Sent - 8-25-12

NOA2 I-130 APPROVED - 8-27-12

NOA2 K-3 APPROVED - 8-27-12

I-797C received in the mail for I-130 ad K-3 - 8-31-12

I-130 was approved 254 days from NOA1 date

NVC

NVC Received/Email Notification - 9-5-12

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

Paid I-864 Fee - 9-6-2012

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

I-864 accepted - 10-11-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

Response to RFE received - 10-15-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

USCIS request case be returned to them - 10-18-12

NVC reports case sent back on - 10-22-12

Timeline

My husband and I filed for a Niger wife Visa and was approved, but they gave him a residence permit card which expires in a year until I am there with my passport so they can add the visa page into my passport.

sorry not understanding. residence permit for who? u werent them to add the visa to your passport?

Timeline

sorry not understanding. residence permit for who? u werent them to add the visa to your passport?

My husband applied for a Niger Wife Visa or Certificate ( I am not sure what the technical name is but another member posted a link above.) My husband was told that they need my passport to add a visa page into my passport that will never expire unless we divorce and he requests that they revoke it. Since he did not have my passport with him, they issued him a residence permit valid for 1 year until I come to Nigeria and get the visa page entered into my passport. The Residence permit is like a driver's license type of card with my picture on it and it shows my name, my passport #, says Niger Wife, and Residence permit. If your husband applies for this for you, I would caution you about mailing him your passport. I mailed my husband my passport (before I had changed my married name on my passport), and their immigration would not accept it because it did not have my married name on it yet, so he tried to mail it back to me and customs confiscated it and kept it and told him it is illegal to mail passports out of Nigeria. I gave them a copy of my new passport with my married name on it when I was there last, but they couldn't print the visa page to put into my passport before I had to return to the US, so they gave him the residence card after I left until I come back with my passport. I hope this clears up the confusion a bit, but honestly, my husband has been doing this and I am not all that clear on it myself.

USCIS

NOA1 - 11-25-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

NVC

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

Timeline

My husband applied for a Niger Wife Visa or Certificate ( I am not sure what the technical name is but another member posted a link above.) My husband was told that they need my passport to add a visa page into my passport that will never expire unless we divorce and he requests that they revoke it. Since he did not have my passport with him, they issued him a residence permit valid for 1 year until I come to Nigeria and get the visa page entered into my passport. The Residence permit is like a driver's license type of card with my picture on it and it shows my name, my passport #, says Niger Wife, and Residence permit. If your husband applies for this for you, I would caution you about mailing him your passport. I mailed my husband my passport (before I had changed my married name on my passport), and their immigration would not accept it because it did not have my married name on it yet, so he tried to mail it back to me and customs confiscated it and kept it and told him it is illegal to mail passports out of Nigeria. I gave them a copy of my new passport with my married name on it when I was there last, but they couldn't print the visa page to put into my passport before I had to return to the US, so they gave him the residence card after I left until I come back with my passport. I hope this clears up the confusion a bit, but honestly, my husband has been doing this and I am not all that clear on it myself.

thanks for the clarification. i was thinking after the wedding to go an apply it. I hope they accept my pport since it will not have my married name on it.

Timeline

After reviewing the CERPAC description, I do not think this is what my husband applied for. This looks like a green card allowing you to work and is valid for 2 years. The Niger wife Visa is valid until there is a divorce, and the husband request immigration revoke it. I think Nigerians must renew their passports every 10 years, so what I am not clear on is if I will have to have my Niger Wife Visa renewed every 10 years also like my husband's passport. I called the Nigerian embassy in Washington DC right after we married, and they told me there is no such thing as a Niger Wife Visa, but they gave me incorrect information. I think the best way for you to get accurate information is for your husband to go to his local immigration office and get the specifics. It is common knowledge in Nigeria so He may already know.

USCIS

NOA1 - 11-25-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

NVC

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

Timeline

After reviewing the CERPAC description, I do not think this is what my husband applied for. This looks like a green card allowing you to work and is valid for 2 years. The Niger wife Visa is valid until there is a divorce, and the husband request immigration revoke it. I think Nigerians must renew their passports every 10 years, so what I am not clear on is if I will have to have my Niger Wife Visa renewed every 10 years also like my husband's passport. I called the Nigerian embassy in Washington DC right after we married, and they told me there is no such thing as a Niger Wife Visa, but they gave me incorrect information. I think the best way for you to get accurate information is for your husband to go to his local immigration office and get the specifics. It is common knowledge in Nigeria so He may already know.

thats true. and he did mention he will go soon. thank u for the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

This is what you will need. Go to immigration office.

After 2 visits to Nigia I was given a 2 year visa without even asking. I was told that you automatically get it when you visit as often as i do which once a year. So now that my husband is here with me I won't be visiting as often, but I was told when I travel to Nigeria with him I will automatically get a Niger wife visa.

2. Formal letter of request from the wife

3. Photocopies of the first five (5) pages of husband's Nigeria Standard passport

4. Photocopy of marriage Certificate

5. Duly completed form IMM22 in triplicate copies with three (3) recent passport photographs

6. Applicant's National Passport

Edited by Olami

• 10 months later...
Timeline

Go here to review what is needed for the Nigerwife Visa (CERPAC):

Nigerwife Visa

THANK YOU SO MUCH , AM PLANNING ON VISITTING MY HUSBAND ONCE MORE IN LAGOS , AND I WAS HOPING HOW TO GET THIS VISA, BUT NOW I REALIZE THAT THE COST IS TOO MUCH, BUT THANKS FOR SHARING.

• 7 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thats true. and he did mention he will go soon. thank u for the info.

Did you ever get the Niger-wives visa? I was following this thread and was wondering if you got it. And if so, did you have to go to Nigeria? I am trying to sort out how to go about getting this Niger wife designation when I go this summer and there is so much confusing info out there.

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Timeline

I haven't applied for it. but I plan too on my next trip. I was thinking of trying it at the embassy here in usa. just haven't gotten around it to it. I got a year visa and it hasn't run out so I haven't been in a hurry.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.