shekooo

HELP!!! SHIPPING A BOX TO EGYPT

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HEY EVERY ONE, any one knows the best cheap way to ship a box from huton ,texas to egypt?

i called FEDEX, DHL but the shipping cost like 500-600$ which is a double of the machine i want , bought for about 350$

has any one tried USPS , TO SHIP A BOX TO EGYPT and reached there sound and safe ? how long does it take to get to alexandria from huston?

by the way it is a BROTHER SEWING MACHINE FOR MY SISTER , with the following dimentions if this helps to estimate a cost :

Machine Dimensions (H x W x D) 10.94" x 6.89" x 15.55"

Machine Weight 10.9 lbs

Shipping Dimensions (H x W x D) 15.15" x 17.71" x 20.27"

Shipping Weight 22.0 lbs

thank u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Most of us don't ship because we know it's so expensive. If you use USPS it goes into Egyptian mail system and that's truly unreliable. Their delivery person will essentially hold the item for ransom, which they call a tip, and it will be multiple tips. One for notifying of the item, one for meeting them with the item, and one for making sure they notify you of future mail. Sometimes the items becomes theirs without notification or payment upon notification. Also for a sewing machine I assume it will have an electric plug-in that is made for the American standard outlet and will need a converter for the Egyptian outlets since they're different.

What most of us do in regards to shipping is find someone or a group of people going to Egypt that is trustworthy to carry it for you to your person for no charge. My husband attends the local Islamic Center and typically there are several Egyptians and their families that go back and forth willing to do this. The biggest time would be around the end of a local college semester to send things and at the start of a local college semester to receive things. The person to ask, that acts as carriers, are students and professors you've come to know. Sometimes you may be friends with individuals that are just going back and forth to meet their families at different times for visits and you may get lucky with them being willing to carry the item or if you have Egyptian family members of your own going back and forth.

Otherwise I'd put my trust in DHL. I can't be sure about Fedex because DHL is the most common and reliable there.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have used USPS to ship a computer to Nigeria. If they will accept the package ( not sure if there is a size limit ) insure it. That way if it gets lost USPS will pay you back. It will then can also be tracked and people get less apt to abuse their job when there is a track of who has the item. Don't forget any adaption needed for the change of plugs/power.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.