Removed-02242014

Don't Hide Things from your Fiancée'

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If any of you guys have some skeletons in the closet I suggest you clear them before your fiancée gets to the U.S. Embassy interview. My fiancée said there was a Pinay there who just found out from the consulate that her man had a criminal record and prison time. My fiancée' said she broke down in complete tears and shame. You need to understand that a criminal record in the Philippines is a much more shameful event than most other countries.

The Embassy immediately put her case on review based on her reaction to the events they shared with her. That automatically adds another 60 days to your wait time.

Another girl had found out that her fiancée was owing the federal government more than $45 in back taxes and she was having withdraw discussions with other Filipinas in the Embassy too.

Therefore --- if you love this woman, you better let her know everything about yourself before she finds out from your background checks. ALSO - Make sure she has every single bit of paperwork she needs because there were several 221G cases documented for lack of evidence.

Edited by Mark-n-Luz

I'm pretty transparent and my book is out in the open with Mike. But yeah, that's shocking to find out from other people about something when you least expect it.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If any of you guys have some skeletons in the closet I suggest you clear them before your fiancée gets to the U.S. Embassy interview. My fiancée said there was a Pinay there who just found out from the consulate that her man had a criminal record and prison time. My fiancée' said she broke down in complete tears and shame. You need to understand that a criminal record in the Philippines is a much more shameful event than most other countries.

The Embassy immediately put her case on review based on her reaction to the events they shared with her. That automatically adds another 60 days to your wait time.

Another girl had found out that her fiancée was owing the federal government more than $45 in back taxes and she was having withdraw discussions with other Filipinas in the Embassy too.

Therefore --- if you love this woman, you better let her know everything about yourself before she finds out from your background checks. ALSO - Make sure she has every single bit of paperwork she needs because there were several 221G cases documented for lack of evidence.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes she should know all the major things in your live. The love from your fiancee is intense and she will give you all her heart. So be honest with her.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is exactly the reason for this process and the lengthy wait. Good thing she found out before leaving home..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Mark-n-Luz ur fiancé and I had the same interview date. Yes, we were shocked w/ those stories, sad :(

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Timeline

I thought you couldn't do a visa with a criminal record... You can't possibly tell your fiance everything, I think it's better to just have them prepared so if they hear something they don't over react... then you're covered! I don't think my fiance knows what I do really, it's not important and she will never understand it just like any other girl I've dated. I think the correct response if someone says did you know your fiance.... is to say no we didn't talk about that but I'm sure he or she will bring it up when it makes sense. You should trust the other person, not telling someone something is not lying. It's a good prep for interview this post, who knows what the heck they could have in government files or what they feel is note worthy.

Timeline

I thought you couldn't do a visa with a criminal record... You can't possibly tell your fiance everything, I think it's better to just have them prepared so if they hear something they don't over react... then you're covered!

You can't tell them "everything", so omitting major facts is OK? This is exactly the kind of rationalization a person needs to flee from.

I don't think my fiance knows what I do really, it's not important and she will never understand it just like any other girl I've dated.

Yeah, girls are stupid. I'm thinking this is a trolling post, not serious.

I think the correct response if someone says did you know your fiance.... is to say no we didn't talk about that but I'm sure he or she will bring it up when it makes sense. You should trust the other person, not telling someone something is not lying. It's a good prep for interview this post, who knows what the heck they could have in government files or what they feel is note worthy.

Not telling something important is called a lie by omission. That is why the oath in a courtroom is to tell the WHOLE truth. You can be prosecuted for purjury by leaving out something pertinent.

So I just want to make it clear that this lie by omission is a concept formally recognized for centuries by society, and it is only a con-man who makes up this excuse for lying to his fiance. We also understand this is a rationalization is a lie. The truth is that the con-man conceals who he really is because the fiance would reject him if he was honest.

So it is a lie to conceal. It is a lie to tell this rationalization for the lie. And the person doing this can be counted on to lie, lie, lie about far too much to be trusted.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Two cents...

It's not because you're in love, you have an excuse for being dumb. It's not because you inquire and want to know every single details, you don't trust him.

"Caution is better than cure."

There are women ignore the signs of dishonesty and keep being ignorant as it's easy to do than to deal with it till it hit them in their faces. Some of the reasons is because the convenience of having such man.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Mark-n-Luz, thank you so much for this post. I was already quite aware of some things that needed disclosure concerning my history, and I am more open and honest with my fiancee than I am with anyone! However, your post prompted me to check something I hadn't even thought about. That is if I owed any taxes. I was late paying my state taxes one year. I thought I had payed the balance due. However, state revenue services don't seem to work as fast as IRS in delivering delinquent information. After reading your post, I created an online tax payer account and discovered that I still owed the state! I immediately sent in a request for payment and printed the records. Thanks a bunch for making me think of something I thought I had already covered!

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

I thought you couldn't do a visa with a criminal record... You can't possibly tell your fiance everything

YES! The petitioner can petition with a criminal record. The I-129F ask to answer if you have been convicted of the certain crimes listed under IMBRA. If so, you would comply by sending the certified court and police records. This does not automatically disqualify the petitioner. In my case, I had a couple minor charges dating back the earliest at 10 years ago, and the other one at about 16 years ago. Although I did not fall under the IMBRA requirements, my fiancee still knows as much as I know about these charges. With the oldest charge, I can't remember every single detail, and it is not on my record. However, I remember what I was charged for, the date(same day my grandfather died), my plea, and anything that came of it. If I can remember these things, my fiancee should indeed know this!

Edited by TnJ

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

See TnJ has a perfect example, you can't tell someone everything. It's not a lie when you don't tell someone something, I don't know what world you live in rlogan, oh Alaska figures... Well here in the real world mistakes happen, things get on your record by accident sometimes. It's better to get your fiance to trust you and if she or he finds out you're a killer not to over react. Obviously I'm being dramatic, but still point being there are lots of things the government might think to tell your fiance that you might not thing is important. It's not a lie to not tell someone every single detail about your life, I don't like talking about the past it bores me. I certainly don't think my fiance would appreciate me telling her about every girl I've dated, so I tell her about important ones and leave the rest out. What about DUIs? Lots of people have them, should you tell your fiance something so trivial? BTW when you go to court you only have to tell the truth, not the truth about everything that happened in your entire life. If you trust each other you should be able to rationally hear a story about the other person and either say yes I knew or play it off like it's no big deal and address it with that person. Owing back taxes in my opinion is like having a missed payment on your credit record, who cares? Should I tell my fiance I filed bankruptcy 3 years ago? I don't think so my credit score is already over 700 and it was a financially smart decision. My fiance and I have one common goal, to have kids and start a family. Unless her or I have a child abuse record nothing else should matter...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.