Sign in to follow this  
jasonfx

I-864 for child of Immigrant Spouse?

6 posts in this topic

I am in the NVC process and have paid my AOS and IV fees already but I recently got an email saying that additional information is required to complete the financial evidence review. I sent in 2 I-864's, first for my wife with all the supporting documents, tax returns etc. A week later I thought I was suppposed to send an I-864 for my 3 year old son also. I sent the same exact copy of the I-864 with no evidence this time because he is supposed to be linked to my wife's immigrant petition. Was I not supposed to send an I-864 for my son since he is listed on my wife's I-864? Was I not supposed to list him on my wife's I-864? Am I supposed to have 2 seperate I-864's with no mention of anyone else? I am confused, I never got any info back about my wife's I-864 I assume it was accepted. What should I do?

the additional information was requested for my son's I-864 it says missing or incomplete documents.

1. The checklist below indicates missong or incomplete documents.

2. You will need to complete and submit a new form completely filled out with the changes below.

PART 1: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

3. The listed tax income documents for the years below are missing or incomplete. year (2011) I SENT MY 2011 TAX DOCUMENT with my wife's I-864 and she is the Principal Applicant not my 3 year old son so I thought I didn't need to send a 2011 tax income document with my son's.

4. It says you have not enclosed and explanation why you were not required to file income taxes under Federal Tax laws for any or all of the 3 most recent years. I CLEARLY FILLED OUT THIS SECTION FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS SO THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

PART 2: INFORMATION ON THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

1. This section is incomplete, please answer all the questions completely. I FILLED THIS SECTION OUT COMPLETELY BUT IT IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE I-864 I SENT FOR MY WIFE, MY SON IS LISTED IN PART 3.

2.The Biographic information provided does not match the principal applicant of the associated petition. IT IS THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS AS MY WIFE'S ADDRESS, THIS DOESN"T MAKE SENSE.

PART 3: INFORMATION ON THE IMMIGRANTS YOU ARE SPONSORING

1.This section is incomplete, please answer all the questions completely. I COMPLETELY ANSWERED IT.

2. The number on line 10 does not equal the number of applicants listed in Parts 2 and 3. IT IS JUST MY WIFE AND SON AND THE NUMBER IS 2, THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

PART 5: SPONSORS HOUSEHOLD SIZE

1.The number in line 21a does not equal the number of applicants listed in part 3. IN PART 3 THE NUMBER IS 2, IN LINE 21a THE NUMBER IS 2. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

2. The number entered in Part 21h does not equal the sum of the numbers in lines 21a through 21g. 21A THROUGH 21G is 2 + 1, THE NUMBER ON 21H is 3, SEEMS LIKE PERFECTLY GOOD MATH TO ME, MAKES NO SENSE.

I think I wasn't supposed to list my 3 year old son my wife's I-864 since he has his own I-130 petition. I have not received anything saying my wife's I-864 was incorrect only my sons. If I filled out hers wrong then why haven't I received an email telling me hers was incorrect. Im not sure what to do now. I think I just fill out an I-864 with my sons information and supporting documents again and hope they accept it this time.

This is really frustrating, one mistake and it sets you back about a month, I will wait for some advice before I go any further, if I fill it out incorrectly again I will be set back another month or so. This whole immigration process needs to be streamlined and much clearer and faster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sorry.

seperate casefiles (since you have seperate USCIS Receipt numbers, Consulate casefile numbers)

so

seperate I-864s, one on each human that holds a casefile number.

each I-864 must be complete, in and of itself, no document sharing across casefiles.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ok thank you, I will fill out a complete I-864 for my son. I never received any info about my wife's I-864, I mentioned my son on her I-864 and I guess I wasn't supposed to list him on there since he has his own but I have not received anything about that mistake so I assume they accepted my wife's I-864 even though I made an error of addin my son on there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.