Sign in to follow this  
chikahdorah

please help on K1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all!

I just scheduled my k1 interview at USEM here in Manila city. We are already preparing financial documents. I am really worried that we got denied because:

1. we only met twice, July 2007, and July 2011.

2. His current income is $19,000 before taxes (gross, he only rent the place he lives in.

3. We only have few pictures, NO snail mail, but we got yahoo chat logs.

4. and he wont be with me in the interview.

Do you think those would be grounds for denial? :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all!

I just scheduled my k1 interview at USEM here in Manila city. We are already preparing financial documents. I am really worried that we got denied because:

2. His current income is $19,000 before taxes (gross, he only rent the place he lives in.

Hi. Let me try to answer your query by the number.

1. The requirement is that you must have seen each other within the last two years...so you're good.

2. According to NPR.ORG the current poverty line for a family of four (4) IS $24,000.00 So, with that, I'm hoping that your fiance doesn't have more than 3 dependents. If none, then you're on the clear.

3. How many is a few pictures? During my interview, the CO only looked at three (3) of ours. But I had more than a hundred. Remember, USCIS only requires five (5) but it won't hurt to have more than that. Regarding your chat logs. You still have time to build up more chats. Use SKYPE screen capture. Email each other everyday between now and your interview day. Complile them and present it IF they even ask. Plane tickets if you have them. Money remittances and such.

Let me assure you....if you have all your ducks in a row, the interview is nothing but formality.

Just make sure you have your papers in sequence so the pre-screeners and the CO's won't have to dig it up and you'll have a smooth process.

I know a lot of this is anxiety. Just relax. PRAY and TRUST in God. He knows what's good for you.

He'll grant you the desires of your heart according to HIS will.

I won't say good luck.....I'd say GOD is on control (only if you let HIM)

God bless and may the Lord guide you.

Edited by GodgavemeU

Timeline

Hi. Let me try to answer your query by the number.

1. The requirement is that you must have seen each other within the last two years...so you're good.

2. According to NPR.ORG the current poverty line for a family of four (4) IS $24,000.00 So, with that, I'm hoping that your fiance doesn't have more than 3 dependents. If none, then you're on the clear.

3. How many is a few pictures? During my interview, the CO only looked at three (3) of ours. But I had more than a hundred. Remember, USCIS only requires five (5) but it won't hurt to have more than that. Regarding your chat logs. You still have time to build up more chats. Use SKYPE screen capture. Email each other everyday between now and your interview day. Complile them and present it IF they even ask. Plane tickets if you have them. Money remittances and such.

Let me assure you....if you have all your ducks in a row, the interview is nothing but formality.

Just make sure you have your papers in sequence so the pre-screeners and the CO's won't have to dig it up and you'll have a smooth process.

I know a lot of this is anxiety. Just relax. PRAY and TRUST in God. He knows what's good for you.

He'll grant you the desires of your heart according to HIS will.

I won't say good luck.....I'd say GOD is on control (only if you let HIM)

God bless and may the Lord guide you.

I just really get worried even more, specially that my interview is scheduled already. We've been in a relationship for almost 5 years. Anyways, he has no dependents, we are both single, never been married. We have like 10 pictures. Thanks btw :thumbs:

Hello to all!

1. we only met twice, July 2007, and July 2011. You've met one of the primary requirements.

2. His current income is $19,000 before taxes (gross, he only rent the place he lives in. For just the 2 of you, then you're right on the spot there. You'll need Letter of Employment from his current employer, ITR of at least the last 2-3 years (or W-2 and 1040), pay stubs of last few months (I'm not sure what's the minimum here but we have the last 6 mons).

3. We only have few pictures, NO snail mail, but we got yahoo chat logs. They'll only need to see few photos. Chat logs are helpful too but don't need to print the entire logs from when you've started. Any hotel receipts, remittances, flight itineraries?

4. and he wont be with me in the interview. Petitioner's presence is ideal but not required for USEM.

Be positive, you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Edited by Tintin and Mike

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Hello to all!

^^^ You are fine. Many of us only met in-person one time, and we were approved with no problem.

^^^ Is your fiancé self-employed? If he is self-employed, the consular officer will be looking at his "total income" on line 22 of his federal income tax return.

If he is not self-employed, his annual income of $19,000 is barely enough over 125% of the poverty line for a household of two people (you and your fiancé). If he has any children under 21 or any dependents on his tax return, then he would fall under 125% of the poverty line for his household size.

^^^ You should be fine.

^^^ When a petitioner is flirting with the poverty line, my advice is for the petitioner to attend the interview. It's not required, but I believe it helps in Manila.

^^^ It's highly unlikely that you would be denied. A denial is usually because they believe your relationship is fraudulent.

However, your visa may be refused for any number of reasons. If it is refused, then the Embassy will issue you an MNL-IV-22 (221g) which will tell you why your visa was refused. One of the most common types of refusal are when the petitioner does not meet the financial requirements. Also, a refusal often results from a petitioner or a beneficiary lacking necessary documents, such as an NBI clearance or a CENOMAR. The 221g gives you one year to correct the situation.

Best of luck to you!!! :star:

Timeline

Good luck!

remittances? I have lots of western union receipts. Will it be useful to show those? Don't you think the interviewer will think of something different like I'm taking advantage of my fiancee?

Best of luck to you!!! :star:

He has no dependents and is employed in a security company. Do you think with 19,000 gross annual income, he still needs to be present on my interview date? Thanks btw :)

remittances? I have lots of western union receipts. Will it be useful to show those? Don't you think the interviewer will think of something different like I'm taking advantage of my fiancee?

He has no dependents and is employed in a security company. Do you think with 19,000 gross annual income, he still needs to be present on my interview date? Thanks btw :)

You don't need to offer the remittance receipts. However, you should have them on hand in case the Filipino pre-screener or the consular officer asks for them. Remittances are normal in the Philippines and the Embassy knows it. They won't hold it against you.

The Embassy might think it's unusual if your sweetheart did not send remittances. That's happened to some VJ members.

I believe it's a good idea for a petitioner to attend the interview if the petitioner's income is flirting with the poverty guidelines. When they are so close to 125% of the poverty line, it's possible that the consular officer could issue you a 221g based upon their belief that you will become a public charge in the U.S. I also believe that it makes it more difficult for a consular officer to refuse a visa based upon public charge when the petitioner attends the interview.

oh, i have read here in Vj that i also need the copy of the 129-f package that my fiancee submitted when he filed the petition. We dont have a copy of it anymore. Do we still need to secure the entire package and bring to USEM during the interview?

It's always a good idea to take a copy of the I-129F packet to the interview. The packet should include photocopies of everything except for receipts. The receipts should be originals.

You never know what the consular officer is going to ask for. The CO may not ask for anything from the I-129F packet. On the other hand, the CO may ask for something. If you don't have it, you likely will receive a 221g. Also, sometimes the Embassy loses documents. If they lose one of your documents, it's highly likely that they will ask you to give them a copy at your interview. If you don't have it, then you likely will get issued a 221g.

You should also take a copy of the I-129F packet to the CFO seminar. The CFO likely will ask you to provide some random information such as your fiancé's mother's maiden name. If you don't know the answer, there's a good chance that the information will be contained in the I-129F packet. In the case of your fiancé's mother's maiden name, you will find that information on Form G-325A of the I-129F packet.

Another example...If your fiancé has been divorced, the CFO will want a copy of your fiancé's divorce papers. Those papers will be included in the copy of the I-129F packet.

Never give away your last copy of anything. Always have a copy of everything.

Timeline

OH but i read on USCIS website about this: please read below

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

So, thhe post of uscis does not apply to USEm in manila? and my fiancee still need to reach the 125% poverty guideline?

Edited by chikahdorah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.