KP&RP

Form DS-230 Question (NVC Stage)

7 posts in this topic

Hi VJers, can I fill up my Form DS-230 online and just print it out for me to sign the form OR should it really be hand written? I wanted to fill up the form thru my computer so that it would look clean and i'll just print it out for my signatory.

Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks!:)

Hi VJers, can I fill up my Form DS-230 online and just print it out for me to sign the form OR should it really be hand written? I wanted to fill up the form thru my computer so that it would look clean and i'll just print it out for my signatory.

Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks!:)

Fill it out using your computer then, of course, have your beneficiary sign and date itand send to NVC with the cover page they've sent you via email. Don't forget to scan it and save a copy in your computer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's not what you did with the previous forms?! I did it and had no problems.

Service Center : California Service Center (CSC)

Marriage: 2011-12-29 in Salt Lake City, UT - USA

2012-07-18: I-130 Sent

2012-07-25: USCIS Received

2012-07-26: I-130 NOA1

2012-08-06: I-130 Approved (11 days)

2012-08-23: NVC Received (17 days)

2012-08-25: Return Completed DS-3032

2012-09-04: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2012-09-04: Pay I-864 Bill

2012-09-06: Receive I-864 Package

2012-09-06: Received IV Bill

2012-09-07: Pay IV Bill

2012-09-12: Return Completed I-864

2012-09-12: IV Packet Sent

2012-09-20: AOS RFE

2012-09-22: AOS RFE Sent (from US - scanned)

2012-09-24: AOS RFE Sent (from BR - originals)

2012-09-24: IV Accepted

2012-10-04: AOS RFE (to be presented at interview)

2012-10-04: Case Completed at NVC(42 Days)

2012-10-12: Received Instruction Package

2012-11-30: Interview Date

2012-11-30: Interview Result: APPROVED

2012-12-04: Visa Received

2012-12-12: US Entry

2012-12-22: SSN Received

2013-01-02: Greencard Received

Fill it out using your computer then, of course, have your beneficiary sign and date itand send to NVC with the cover page they've sent you via email. Don't forget to scan it and save a copy in your computer.

Okay, thanks for the reply!:)

That's not what you did with the previous forms?! I did it and had no problems.

My wife signed the other forms handwritten. Now,I want to fill it out from my computer and print it out. Would that be fine?

My wife signed the other forms handwritten. Now,I want to fill it out from my computer and print it out. Would that be fine?

There's nothing wrong with printing the answers manually, but then if you have a computer, it is a lot easier to fill it out using your keyboard. The only thing manual that is required is the "manual signature", and of course the "date she signs it".

Either way is okay, but make sure that it is readable if you're going to fill it out manually.

There's nothing wrong with printing the answers manually, but then if you have a computer, it is a lot easier to fill it out using your keyboard. The only thing manual that is required is the "manual signature", and of course the "date she signs it".

Either way is okay, but make sure that it is readable if you're going to fill it out manually.

Ok,got it! Thanks for this!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.