MlovesW

Interview Experience

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Well it is all over and finished (for now). We had our interview at the Sacramento, CA office today and we were APPROVED!! :dance: So here is our interview experience for those of you that are interested..

Our interview was 2pm today, we arrived at the office around 1:45pm (after finding parking, what a pain). We put our letter into the slot under the window and sat down in the incredibly hot waiting room. There was about 11 others sitting in the waiting room at the time. I couldn't tell you how long we waiting (since I am not a watch wearer and neither is my hubby) but we didn't wait too long. They called my husbands name and off we went. Our IO was a woman in her 40's, friendly but somewhat stiff. We followed to her office and before we sat down she swore us both in. We sat and she asked for our passports which I produced. The first topic was my previous marriages (yes more than one and I knew it would be a hot topic). She seemed to dwell a bit on it and asked more than once, I believe trying to elicit a response from my husband. Since he was privy to this information he supported me and didn't give her anything. She then started asking some basic questions off the I-485 which were simple. She asked him about his previous marriages and the divorce dates (which he couldn't remember both), she was a bit rude stating "this is your information you should know it, it is not my job to know it for you". We both thought this was a bit rude since she would need the information to check it right? Anyhow, moving on. She let me talk a lot about how we met (online), when/how we decided to make it a relationship, when we first met, etc. She asked me to name his mother and father and kids with birthday's, I knew all except exact dates, she seemed ok with this. She then moved on to some questions about my last birthday and what we did. My husband answered and she seemed satisfied with that. Then she moved on to this test, I thought we entered grade school again. She gave us both a sheet of paper with numbers 1-6 on it. She asked us to plug in the day in the date line and print our names and sign. She then asked us to not look onto the others paper when answering questions, that she may ask questions that seem personal but that she had the right to ask them. So first question, did we sleep in the same bed last night, we both said yes. She then said what did your spouse where to bed. She looked at his and said "I should have asked colors", but he got it right and I did somewhat (he took his tshirt off after I fell asleep, whoops). So question two, were we together last Saturday, again we both said yes. She said, where were you both at 12 (noon). My husband immediately said, "I am not sure, I don't work so my days blend together". She didn't like this answer. I tried to jog his memory and she said this makes it hard for me to approve you. So moving along she said, question three, how many bathrooms in your home. We both answered 3 on the paper and she was happy. She then asked, question four, what type of oven/range do you have in your home gas/electric, we both wrote gas and she was satisfied and done with her little test. She asked for our documents to prove bona fide marriage and I produced our most recent bank statement (account I don't use but am on) and all the documents for my 401K, Pension (beneficiary designating my hubby) and documents showing his being added to my healthcare. She kept them for her file and asked if I had our marriage certificate. I showed her the original and she asked if I had a copy as she couldn't find the one I sent in my file. I handed her my copy and she kept that and gave the original back. She asked my hubby some questions about what he did for work back home and he told her he owned a business. She asked what he planned on doing here. He said at this time not to work, she asked "Is that hard?" He answered yes, but that his work back home was dwindling (locally) and that he was on a disability pension for his back (due to a car wreck). She made a comment that he was "moving up" coming here since I make good money. That was a bit rude to us since my hubby would rather work, but there really is no reason for him to go work a 9-5 for little money being miserable when I make more than enough to be comfortable and beyond. We told her we are in contract to buy a house/land and that my husband plan is to work on our home, and land and she seemed satisfied. She had asked some questions about when my hubby proposed, and then seemed to attempt to throw him off asking why did he apply for a B2 when he was planning on marrying me, and not a K1. He came back quick with the answer that he got the B2 before we were engaged or truly planned on marrying.

Ok, so this is a bit jumbled. I am overly excited that after that grilling and hot and cold she said she was approving our application. She said he would get his greencard within 30 days and that we would have to ROC before the expiration or face issues. She kept his I-94 and printed out a paper saying approved which she signed. My hubby then said, "Im hungry" and the IO went on to start telling us nice places to eat locally. She went as far as to ask co-workers were that "good Vietnamese" place is. We said thank you and left. The IO was very hot/cold, went from friendly to somewhat cold.

Anyways, its done. And I have received the notice from USCIS that his greencard is in process. Glad we can breath again, now on to other things... :)

Goodluck to all those awaiting there interviews..

~OUR STORY~

4/2012: Met online and began this cRaZY journey

9/2/2011: He proposed and I said YES!!After multiple trips back and forth.....

7/4/2012: He entered USA at LAX on B2 to visit 6 months

8/8/2012: We got married!!8/8/2012: AOS packet sent (Day 0)

8/10/2012: Packet signed for at 11:48a (Day 2)

8/14/2012: We got our txt/email notifications (all 4) (Day 6)

8/16/2012: Checks cashed.. (Day 8)

8/23/2012: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" today.. September 7th at 12p in Sacramento CA (Day 15)

8/27/2012: Finally received all 4 NOA1 hard copies via US mail (Day 19)

9/7/2012: Biometrics completed!! (Day 30)

9/19/2012: Received txt message for interview!! October 22nd, 2012.. (Day 42)

9/21/2012: And the interview letter comes in snail mail.. October 22nd, 2pm in Sacramento..Time to get the final stuff together.. (Day 44)

10/16/3012: Received txt msg, EAD is approved and card being mailed. Right before interview and not really needed anyhow!! (Day 69)

10/19/2012: After a bunch of repetitive text messages, my husband received his combo card EAD/AP.. Of course four days before our interview!! (Day 72)

10/22/2012: Interview.. APPROVED!! (Day 75) Next journey ROC!!

10/29/2012: Green Card received in US mail... (Day 82) WOO HOO!!

~ROC BEGINS!!~

08/25/2014: Lifting Conditions Packet Mailed to CA service center (Day 0)

08/27/2014: NOA1 Receipt (Day 2)

09/05/2014: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" Set for September 15th at 10a in Sacramento CA (Day 11)

09/15/2014: Biometric completed... now we wait!! (Day 21)

11/21/2014: Card/Document Production email received!! (Day 88)

12/01/2014: Card arrives in our mailbox.. this chapter is over... (Day 98) Next is citizenship!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Congrats

Married: 24th February

Adjusting from B2 Visa

Concurrent filing I130, I485 and I765:

Day 0.... 08/06/12- Package mailed to Chicago Lockbok via FedEx ground

Day 2.... 08/08/12- Package delivered and signed for

Day 4.... 08/10/12- Received Email and text confirmation

Day 8.... 08/14/12- Check cleared

Day11... 08/17/12- I797C, NOA biometric appt received. Scheduled date 08/31/12 @ 12:00

Day16....08/22/12- Biometric appt completed.... Early walk-in less than 15 minutes

Day16....08/22/12- Received NOA hard copies in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765

Day38....09/13/12- Received text notification for interview. Scheduled date 10/18/10

Day40....09/15/12- Received hard copy for interview. Scheduled 10/18/12 @ 12:45 Holtsville NY

Day61....10/06/12- Received text notification about EAD card production

Day66....10/11/12- Received 2nd and 3rd text notification about EAD card in production

Day67....10/12/12- Received notification card was picked up by USPS

Day70....10/15/12- Received EAD card in the mail. I'm loving it

Day72....10/17/12- Went to SS Office to apply for card

Day73....10/18/12- Interview day!!!! Approved

Day77....10/22/12- Received approval letters for I-130 and I-485. Got SS card

Day78....10/23/12- Got 2 text msgs about card production

Day79....10/24/12- Green card mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well it is all over and finished (for now). We had our interview at the Sacramento, CA office today and we were APPROVED!! :dance: So here is our interview experience for those of you that are interested..

Our interview was 2pm today, we arrived at the office around 1:45pm (after finding parking, what a pain). We put our letter into the slot under the window and sat down in the incredibly hot waiting room. There was about 11 others sitting in the waiting room at the time. I couldn't tell you how long we waiting (since I am not a watch wearer and neither is my hubby) but we didn't wait too long. They called my husbands name and off we went. Our IO was a woman in her 40's, friendly but somewhat stiff. We followed to her office and before we sat down she swore us both in. We sat and she asked for our passports which I produced. The first topic was my previous marriages (yes more than one and I knew it would be a hot topic). She seemed to dwell a bit on it and asked more than once, I believe trying to elicit a response from my husband. Since he was privy to this information he supported me and didn't give her anything. She then started asking some basic questions off the I-485 which were simple. She asked him about his previous marriages and the divorce dates (which he couldn't remember both), she was a bit rude stating "this is your information you should know it, it is not my job to know it for you". We both thought this was a bit rude since she would need the information to check it right? Anyhow, moving on. She let me talk a lot about how we met (online), when/how we decided to make it a relationship, when we first met, etc. She asked me to name his mother and father and kids with birthday's, I knew all except exact dates, she seemed ok with this. She then moved on to some questions about my last birthday and what we did. My husband answered and she seemed satisfied with that. Then she moved on to this test, I thought we entered grade school again. She gave us both a sheet of paper with numbers 1-6 on it. She asked us to plug in the day in the date line and print our names and sign. She then asked us to not look onto the others paper when answering questions, that she may ask questions that seem personal but that she had the right to ask them. So first question, did we sleep in the same bed last night, we both said yes. She then said what did your spouse where to bed. She looked at his and said "I should have asked colors", but he got it right and I did somewhat (he took his tshirt off after I fell asleep, whoops). So question two, were we together last Saturday, again we both said yes. She said, where were you both at 12 (noon). My husband immediately said, "I am not sure, I don't work so my days blend together". She didn't like this answer. I tried to jog his memory and she said this makes it hard for me to approve you. So moving along she said, question three, how many bathrooms in your home. We both answered 3 on the paper and she was happy. She then asked, question four, what type of oven/range do you have in your home gas/electric, we both wrote gas and she was satisfied and done with her little test. She asked for our documents to prove bona fide marriage and I produced our most recent bank statement (account I don't use but am on) and all the documents for my 401K, Pension (beneficiary designating my hubby) and documents showing his being added to my healthcare. She kept them for her file and asked if I had our marriage certificate. I showed her the original and she asked if I had a copy as she couldn't find the one I sent in my file. I handed her my copy and she kept that and gave the original back. She asked my hubby some questions about what he did for work back home and he told her he owned a business. She asked what he planned on doing here. He said at this time not to work, she asked "Is that hard?" He answered yes, but that his work back home was dwindling (locally) and that he was on a disability pension for his back (due to a car wreck). She made a comment that he was "moving up" coming here since I make good money. That was a bit rude to us since my hubby would rather work, but there really is no reason for him to go work a 9-5 for little money being miserable when I make more than enough to be comfortable and beyond. We told her we are in contract to buy a house/land and that my husband plan is to work on our home, and land and she seemed satisfied. She had asked some questions about when my hubby proposed, and then seemed to attempt to throw him off asking why did he apply for a B2 when he was planning on marrying me, and not a K1. He came back quick with the answer that he got the B2 before we were engaged or truly planned on marrying.

Ok, so this is a bit jumbled. I am overly excited that after that grilling and hot and cold she said she was approving our application. She said he would get his greencard within 30 days and that we would have to ROC before the expiration or face issues. She kept his I-94 and printed out a paper saying approved which she signed. My hubby then said, "Im hungry" and the IO went on to start telling us nice places to eat locally. She went as far as to ask co-workers were that "good Vietnamese" place is. We said thank you and left. The IO was very hot/cold, went from friendly to somewhat cold.

Anyways, its done. And I have received the notice from USCIS that his greencard is in process. Glad we can breath again, now on to other things... :)

Goodluck to all those awaiting there interviews..

Congratulations & Best Wishes :dance:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you all. Now to wait for the card. It seems the site is being fubky

~OUR STORY~

4/2012: Met online and began this cRaZY journey

9/2/2011: He proposed and I said YES!!After multiple trips back and forth.....

7/4/2012: He entered USA at LAX on B2 to visit 6 months

8/8/2012: We got married!!8/8/2012: AOS packet sent (Day 0)

8/10/2012: Packet signed for at 11:48a (Day 2)

8/14/2012: We got our txt/email notifications (all 4) (Day 6)

8/16/2012: Checks cashed.. (Day 8)

8/23/2012: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" today.. September 7th at 12p in Sacramento CA (Day 15)

8/27/2012: Finally received all 4 NOA1 hard copies via US mail (Day 19)

9/7/2012: Biometrics completed!! (Day 30)

9/19/2012: Received txt message for interview!! October 22nd, 2012.. (Day 42)

9/21/2012: And the interview letter comes in snail mail.. October 22nd, 2pm in Sacramento..Time to get the final stuff together.. (Day 44)

10/16/3012: Received txt msg, EAD is approved and card being mailed. Right before interview and not really needed anyhow!! (Day 69)

10/19/2012: After a bunch of repetitive text messages, my husband received his combo card EAD/AP.. Of course four days before our interview!! (Day 72)

10/22/2012: Interview.. APPROVED!! (Day 75) Next journey ROC!!

10/29/2012: Green Card received in US mail... (Day 82) WOO HOO!!

~ROC BEGINS!!~

08/25/2014: Lifting Conditions Packet Mailed to CA service center (Day 0)

08/27/2014: NOA1 Receipt (Day 2)

09/05/2014: Biometrics letter received via "snail mail" Set for September 15th at 10a in Sacramento CA (Day 11)

09/15/2014: Biometric completed... now we wait!! (Day 21)

11/21/2014: Card/Document Production email received!! (Day 88)

12/01/2014: Card arrives in our mailbox.. this chapter is over... (Day 98) Next is citizenship!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: CONGRATS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Adjusting from B-2
AOS

08/23/2013 - Package Mailed

08/25/2013 - Package delivered
08/29/2013 - Email/text notifications received

08/30/2013 - Checks Cleared
09/03/2013 - NOA hard copies received

09/09/2013 - Received Biometrics Appointment for 9/25
09/13/2013 - Text/Email for RFE (I-864 & I-94)

09/16/2013 - Completed Biometricks (Walk In)

(Long gap in sending RFE back because I had to complete I-94 application and tried to wait for decision but ended up submitting RFE for I-864 with I-94 NOA)

11/29/2013 - RFE response sent

12/30/2014 - EAD received

01/06/2014 - I-94 Approved!!!!!
02/06/2014 - Interview (had to go back to civil surgeon to re-do paperwork and make sure this time he signs it. Took care of it that very same day and dropped it off at the USCIS office the following morning.
02/14/2014 - Green card received!!!

Thank you VJ for all your help!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.