victorioussect

Casablanca consular

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:angry: I have been doing my best to understand this so confusing process hoping to read and not feel so lost when I call DOS they consistently say in AP but today spoke with a lady that said it's not AP but was sent back I posted a copy of what my fiance received his last contact with the embassy and I have contacted the congressman and awaiting response, but we are in limbo because we love each other and I am not wealthy and travel back to him is serious do we marry or wait for the response from USCIS our petition expires 11/18/12 it will be a year and half I have not been near him it's wearing on us we have our ups and downs but mostly ups we complete each other our connection is undeniable just to get through all of this madness, I am curious does anyone know the Consular name the blond lady? as I would love to pursue other avenues we both need to do something to process this rejection I have more options than him as far as voicing concerns, to people who might listen. we understand our mistakes and seek to remedy them I have also applied for the Fioa I mean everything and anything I can do within financial limits as I am currently on unemployment we do have a very substantial sponsor any advice or support appreciated.
VeYjm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

the CO's do not give out their names...

My congressman got involved when my (now) husbands k-1 was returned, there is no review for that once it returns back to the states. You have to reapply again, I know its not fair but that's the way it is. I'm sure it doesn't help that you are on unemployment while trying to apply even though you have a sponsor. Do you have a substantial age difference as well?

K-1 visas are very difficult in Morocco because of so much fraud, you pretty much need to have visited many times before applying or have lived there awhile and known each other to be granted it, at least that's what I see from people's experiences.

It is financially difficult to visit as much as they would like to see , but if you haven't been for almost one year and a half that doesn't look good to them also.

Hang in there, its tough !

Timeline

My congressman got involved when my (now) husbands k-1 was returned, there is no review for that once it returns back to the states. You have to reapply again, I know its not fair but that's the way it is. I'm sure it doesn't help that you are on unemployment while trying to apply even though you have a sponsor. Do you have a substantial age difference as well?

K-1 visas are very difficult in Morocco because of so much fraud, you pretty much need to have visited many times before applying or have lived there awhile and known each other to be granted it, at least that's what I see from people's experiences.

It is financially difficult to visit as much as they would like to see , but if you haven't been for almost one year and a half that doesn't look good to them also.

Hang in there, its tough !

5 years age difference, me and my children spent 4 months there 2011 we have a 4 year relationship, who freaking knows what that lady wrote, I know they withhold it as I tried to call and ask as well as my fiance had no idea, no identification but when you file formal complaints they want that kind of info, of course all interviews are on camera if they wanted to they could refer back to that grrrrr venting now!!! she seemed real concerned I am a muslima , and that deeply bothers me how much importance she put on that in my fiances interview hence the reason being armed with a pen is helping us process that we honestly feel discriminated against and if you knew me that's not something i say easily or lightly.

Allah grant me Sabr!!!
VeYjm6.png

Timeline

I believe the problem they see is you have kids and are unemployed. Also that you have been together 4 yrs and still haven't gotten married. How could you afford to stay in Morocco for 4months with your kids? Did you have a job at that time also? Ask yourself the questions that you think they are thinking and prepare your answers to explain that to them honestly.

Timeline

:angry: I have been doing my best to understand this so confusing process hoping to read and not feel so lost when I call DOS they consistently say in AP but today spoke with a lady that said it's not AP but was sent back I posted a copy of what my fiance received his last contact with the embassy and I have contacted the congressman and awaiting response, but we are in limbo because we love each other and I am not wealthy and travel back to him is serious do we marry or wait for the response from USCIS our petition expires 11/18/12 it will be a year and half I have not been near him it's wearing on us we have our ups and downs but mostly ups we complete each other our connection is undeniable just to get through all of this madness, I am curious does anyone know the Consular name the blond lady? as I would love to pursue other avenues we both need to do something to process this rejection I have more options than him as far as voicing concerns, to people who might listen. we understand our mistakes and seek to remedy them I have also applied for the Fioa I mean everything and anything I can do within financial limits as I am currently on unemployment we do have a very substantial sponsor any advice or support appreciated.

This process is enough to drive a person insane!!!!!!!! My husband and filed for the K-1 in Dec of 2009. He had his interview in May of 2010 (I was there when he went for his interview) They gave him the white sheet with other checked..... Because I was there at the time I tried to get some answers but no one at the consulate would talk to me.... When I got back home I contacted my congressman his office was not able to get anymore info than I was. When our app expired we got a letter stating that it had expired and we could reapply

Now because I too am a muslimah I wanted to get married from the begining but we opted to listen to the advice of others and do the K-1. I returned to Morocco this year which was my third trip. We are now waiting to hear from the consulate as to when his interview will be....

From what I have observed no 2 cases are treated the same..... The process goes very smoothly for some and is completely insane for others... More than likely they will hold on to your case and allow it to expire... So you will need to decide how you will reapply. Getting married there does not mean that you will have any better success.... I think where some of us mess up is trying to get through this like our relationships are normal... like your loved one is here.... In reality we should be going that extra mile because our realtionship has to look legit on paper.... And if anyones life is like mine it is a pretty boring read LOL....

I really wouldn't waste time trying to deal with this K-1 anymore... You will get your letter that it has expired a few weeks after the expiration date. Start to work on the issues they found with this app and work on going to see him again. And try to be working again soon... I was unemployeed for a while myself.... But now I am working at a good job and I also have looked into jobs for my husband upon his arrival, and I let them know about all of this....

Praying Allah will bless you with success in this process.... Insha'allah we both will be with our husbands soon :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

This process is enough to drive a person insane!!!!!!!! My husband and filed for the K-1 in Dec of 2009. He had his interview in May of 2010 (I was there when he went for his interview) They gave him the white sheet with other checked..... Because I was there at the time I tried to get some answers but no one at the consulate would talk to me.... When I got back home I contacted my congressman his office was not able to get anymore info than I was. When our app expired we got a letter stating that it had expired and we could reapply

Now because I too am a muslimah I wanted to get married from the begining but we opted to listen to the advice of others and do the K-1. I returned to Morocco this year which was my third trip. We are now waiting to hear from the consulate as to when his interview will be....

From what I have observed no 2 cases are treated the same..... The process goes very smoothly for some and is completely insane for others... More than likely they will hold on to your case and allow it to expire... So you will need to decide how you will reapply. Getting married there does not mean that you will have any better success.... I think where some of us mess up is trying to get through this like our relationships are normal... like your loved one is here.... In reality we should be going that extra mile because our realtionship has to look legit on paper.... And if anyones life is like mine it is a pretty boring read LOL....

I really wouldn't waste time trying to deal with this K-1 anymore... You will get your letter that it has expired a few weeks after the expiration date. Start to work on the issues they found with this app and work on going to see him again. And try to be working again soon... I was unemployeed for a while myself.... But now I am working at a good job and I also have looked into jobs for my husband upon his arrival, and I let them know about all of this....

Praying Allah will bless you with success in this process.... Insha'allah we both will be with our husbands soon :0)

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Couldn't have said it better myself!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

I believe the problem they see is you have kids and are unemployed. Also that you have been together 4 yrs and still haven't gotten married. How could you afford to stay in Morocco for 4months with your kids? Did you have a job at that time also? Ask yourself the questions that you think they are thinking and prepare your answers to explain that to them honestly.

always honesty!!! we have nothing to hide, just recently lost my job thanks for your account, reading here there is no rhyme or reason unemployment is taxable income I missed the income mark on my own by 700 and was fully prepared with two different sponsors. your statement about the 4 years is right on as consulate suggested this, is that a listed requirement that they might deny you based upon you having a loving relationship with someone for 4 years making sure that all is happy my children and him and his family that takes time I was not rushing into a marriage. but of course when you put your money and energy into doing things the right way, it is super disappointing, as you see in my comment earlier I am looking for advice's in the marriage direction I have already written them an FAOI on the DOS and the USCIS level to find out their "reasons for denial" we are seeking out advice's of others possibly in a similar situation that would offer their experiences in this waiting limbo of should I or shouldn't I thank you kindly for your time and responses.

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

Salam alikom ukhti,

Thank you so much for being a voice of reason! I really appreciate it as you know the insanity of getting married in Morocco its almost as painstaking as this process, but we love eachother deeply fi sablili Allah so only perserverance and patience will pull us through, your sooo right it is not normal and we are only seeking that simple boring life :blush:

I appreciate that because we were living our relationship for ourselves not to prove our love to someone else through elaborate displays of affection or cough cough materialism you feel me?? and just want to be seen as the individuals we are not the ideas of how our relationship should be.

(F) thanks again for your time and much happiness and love abundant for you and yours.

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

LOL oh yes.... Getting married in Morocco is the craziest course of events I have ever seen..... It took us 2 1/2 months to complete the process..... I told my husband no one would ever get married in the states if the process was that complicated.... LOL.....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

You are very right about trying to make the right decision. It's very frustrating to go through this process wondering how it will be judged by the consular. I guess in the end , you have to make the decision based on your love and try to forget that they are in the middle of your business :) During this process I found myself hating the fact that everything I did seemed to be tied into what they would think about it, I've begun just doing what is right for my husband and I. Our love will continue and we need to live/love for ourselves. All we can hope it that they eventually see those of us desperately trying to be with our spouses, as deserving individuals for a normal life.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Sorry to have to say this so bluntly, but, the CO's don't care about your love or wish to be together. They don't care about that for any petitioner. That's not their job. Their job is to determine if granting a visa is the prudent thing to do within the law and the specific circumstances. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't, but they all report to someone who cares more about that then they do about your happiness. That's why anyone going through this process has to present the strongest case they can, anticipate obstacles, prepare for rejection and learn how to fight it when it comes.

Best wishes to you.

Timeline

Sorry to have to say this so bluntly, but, the CO's don't care about your love or wish to be together. They don't care about that for any petitioner. That's not their job. Their job is to determine if granting a visa is the prudent thing to do within the law and the specific circumstances. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't, but they all report to someone who cares more about that then they do about your happiness. That's why anyone going through this process has to present the strongest case they can, anticipate obstacles, prepare for rejection and learn how to fight it when it comes.

Best wishes to you.

Perhaps I was unclear, I realize they don't care about our relationship and that its their

job to weed out the people who don't seem to have a strong case. I certainly wouldn't want to

face couples everyday in my situation either, rejection can be hard to deliver and I'm sure they

become hard to peoples feelings. My husband even stated that when he had his fiance visa interview

woman was very hard with him, no smiling, no repeating so he could understand better. He was upset but

he said she's just doing her job, but she was hard with me. I wish I was as accepting as he was!

As you stated, build your case and prove to the best of your ability your relationship is genuine!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Perhaps I was unclear, I realize they don't care about our relationship and that its their

job to weed out the people who don't seem to have a strong case. I certainly wouldn't want to

face couples everyday in my situation either, rejection can be hard to deliver and I'm sure they

become hard to peoples feelings. My husband even stated that when he had his fiance visa interview

woman was very hard with him, no smiling, no repeating so he could understand better. He was upset but

he said she's just doing her job, but she was hard with me. I wish I was as accepting as he was!

As you stated, build your case and prove to the best of your ability your relationship is genuine!

Beautifully stated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.