frank_jhen_01

K-1 Visa Experience

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm the petitioner (USC), here is our experience with the process from the beginning.........

last time we met was Aug 2011, spent the whole time in Philippines from Aug 2011-Jan 2012 with her, then Jan 2012 i have to come back to US, to work and start the process, I searched about getting my GF here and found alot of choices, at first i called FilipinaFianceVisa, they said everything will cost me almost $2000, so i said forget it, i searched again and found VisaJourney, i spent a whole week reading comments, post, threads about K1 process and the married one, after those readings i talked to her about what i read, she said "i'm here to help you out", so there it is, i started the process, February 1, 2012, gathered all the Documents from my side, (US Passport, Naturalization, Birth Certificate, Parents Naturalization, Parents Passports, Divorce Decree, you name it everything that has to do with me), then the next day i told her to gather everything too. then After a week, i followed the steps on here, the K1 Visa guides, K1 Steps, i FOLLOWED STEPS BY STEPS, filled out I-129f online, G-325A online, sent her a copy, she printed out and sent to me with her original signature, then i finished all the required Documents while i was waiting, then off to finalizing the package, this is what in the package i sent to USCIS,:

-Check for $340

-Notification Paper

-Table Of Contents

-I-129F

-G-325A for me with my SIGNATURE, and her with her SIGNATURE

-Letter of Intent, one for me with signature and her with signature

-copy of my WHOLE PASSPORT, from front cover to back cover

-copy of my naturalization

-copy of my Divorce decree

-boarding pass, pictures of me and her 15 pieces of pictures, NO TIME STAMP, i wrote our WHOLE NAME, Place where the Pic was taken, date on the back of every single photos i sent, we have pictures kissing together, about 5 of them.

-skype logs, fb chats, yahoo emails,

****i went above and beyond with our packet, FRONT LOADING is what i read i think**

then i check, check, check then checked again, then had my mom checked it, then my friend checked it, then i checked it again, then after checking maybe for a week, i still missed something on G-325A, from me and on her, so i have to wait again for her new G-325A, then again check n check again, a lot of checking. then finally her G-325a came in and all good to go, did the final check and everything looks good,

SENT our PACKAGE APRIL 4,2012, then from there, NO MORE CONTROL AND IT's in GOD's Hand, a week later NOA1, then After that 4 months Later AUGUST 17 2012, receive a text from USCIS, APPROVED..NO RFE.. then 1 week later it was sent to NVC, then to USEM, then it was time to schedule her Interview, SCHEDULING INTERVIEW WAS A PAIN TOO, during that time there was no available date but i was calling every hour, i MEAN EVERY HOUR, then i finally got a date OCT 4, then Sep 24&25 medical interview for her, passed, then for me it was time to buy ticket nd fly to Philippines for her INTERVIEW, i brought with me, i-134 and letter of employment from 2 jobs dated 2 weeks prior to the interview, lots of fb chats, skype logs, yahoo emails, and skype photos, original divorce decree. and all the ds, ds156, ds156k, ds157

USEM INTERVIEW

arrive at 4am, had to wait outside for about 2 hrs, there was 3 lines, seaman, k1, and nonimmigrant/tourist, then there was 2 different time to go in, 6:16/6:30 appointments go inside USEM EARLIER THAN 7:30 APPOINMENT TIMES, we are 7:30 so we got in the USEM AROUND 7am, then line to check your papers (ds papers) stapled together by USEM Employee then back to you, then security check then this window to give you number, as soon as we walked in, someone was asking for thr papers (ds papers that were stapled with your number) then wait for number, first finger print, then FILIPINO INTERVIEW, he asked her who i am, then asked me who i am and where is I-134, gave him I-134 with the letter of employment and stacks of my paystubs and tax transcripts for 3 years, he said looks good but you might need a new NBI WITH AKA JUST WAIT FOR THE US CONSUL AND SEE WHAT HE SAY, have a sit then to US CONSUL, right handto swear, both of us, then first question is this ur fiance, yes then all basic questions was asked to me (usc) and he said you are approved but can you please send us a new NBI WITH AKA, i said ok sir and thank, btw this guy is nice, i was talking to him like i know him, we talked about NFL, and how suck Georgia was cuz thats where he is from, lol, then off to last counter, gave us 221g, need NBI WITH AKA, so INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED....

went to NBI SAME DAY, got new Nbi same day with aka, sent it to USEM WITH 2go, then TODAY OCT 20, received the visa on hand with the packet ( sealed )

CFO MONDAY THEN TUESDAY/wednesday flight here to USA......

PLEASE MEASSAGE IF YOU NEED HELP or have questions...

REMEMBER EVERYONE HAVE DIFFERENT CASES,

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm the petitioner (USC), here is our experience with the process from the beginning.........

last time we met was Aug 2011, spent the whole time in Philippines from Aug 2011-Jan 2012 with her, then Jan 2012 i have to come back to US, to work and start the process, I searched about getting my GF here and found alot of choices, at first i called FilipinaFianceVisa, they said everything will cost me almost $2000, so i said forget it, i searched again and found VisaJourney, i spent a whole week reading comments, post, threads about K1 process and the married one, after those readings i talked to her about what i read, she said "i'm here to help you out", so there it is, i started the process, February 1, 2012, gathered all the Documents from my side, (US Passport, Naturalization, Birth Certificate, Parents Naturalization, Parents Passports, Divorce Decree, you name it everything that has to do with me), then the next day i told her to gather everything too. then After a week, i followed the steps on here, the K1 Visa guides, K1 Steps, i FOLLOWED STEPS BY STEPS, filled out I-129f online, G-325A online, sent her a copy, she printed out and sent to me with her original signature, then i finished all the required Documents while i was waiting, then off to finalizing the package, this is what in the package i sent to USCIS,:

-Check for $340

-Notification Paper

-Table Of Contents

-I-129F

-G-325A for me with my SIGNATURE, and her with her SIGNATURE

-Letter of Intent, one for me with signature and her with signature

-copy of my WHOLE PASSPORT, from front cover to back cover

-copy of my naturalization

-copy of my Divorce decree

-boarding pass, pictures of me and her 15 pieces of pictures, NO TIME STAMP, i wrote our WHOLE NAME, Place where the Pic was taken, date on the back of every single photos i sent, we have pictures kissing together, about 5 of them.

-skype logs, fb chats, yahoo emails,

****i went above and beyond with our packet, FRONT LOADING is what i read i think**

then i check, check, check then checked again, then had my mom checked it, then my friend checked it, then i checked it again, then after checking maybe for a week, i still missed something on G-325A, from me and on her, so i have to wait again for her new G-325A, then again check n check again, a lot of checking. then finally her G-325a came in and all good to go, did the final check and everything looks good,

SENT our PACKAGE APRIL 4,2012, then from there, NO MORE CONTROL AND IT's in GOD's Hand, a week later NOA1, then After that 4 months Later AUGUST 17 2012, receive a text from USCIS, APPROVED..NO RFE.. then 1 week later it was sent to NVC, then to USEM, then it was time to schedule her Interview, SCHEDULING INTERVIEW WAS A PAIN TOO, during that time there was no available date but i was calling every hour, i MEAN EVERY HOUR, then i finally got a date OCT 4, then Sep 24&25 medical interview for her, passed, then for me it was time to buy ticket nd fly to Philippines for her INTERVIEW, i brought with me, i-134 and letter of employment from 2 jobs dated 2 weeks prior to the interview, lots of fb chats, skype logs, yahoo emails, and skype photos, original divorce decree. and all the ds, ds156, ds156k, ds157

USEM INTERVIEW

arrive at 4am, had to wait outside for about 2 hrs, there was 3 lines, seaman, k1, and nonimmigrant/tourist, then there was 2 different time to go in, 6:16/6:30 appointments go inside USEM EARLIER THAN 7:30 APPOINMENT TIMES, we are 7:30 so we got in the USEM AROUND 7am, then line to check your papers (ds papers) stapled together by USEM Employee then back to you, then security check then this window to give you number, as soon as we walked in, someone was asking for thr papers (ds papers that were stapled with your number) then wait for number, first finger print, then FILIPINO INTERVIEW, he asked her who i am, then asked me who i am and where is I-134, gave him I-134 with the letter of employment and stacks of my paystubs and tax transcripts for 3 years, he said looks good but you might need a new NBI WITH AKA JUST WAIT FOR THE US CONSUL AND SEE WHAT HE SAY, have a sit then to US CONSUL, right handto swear, both of us, then first question is this ur fiance, yes then all basic questions was asked to me (usc) and he said you are approved but can you please send us a new NBI WITH AKA, i said ok sir and thank, btw this guy is nice, i was talking to him like i know him, we talked about NFL, and how suck Georgia was cuz thats where he is from, lol, then off to last counter, gave us 221g, need NBI WITH AKA, so INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED....

went to NBI SAME DAY, got new Nbi same day with aka, sent it to USEM WITH 2go, then TODAY OCT 20, received the visa on hand with the packet ( sealed )

CFO MONDAY THEN TUESDAY/wednesday flight here to USA......

PLEASE MEASSAGE IF YOU NEED HELP or have questions...

REMEMBER EVERYONE HAVE DIFFERENT CASES,

Hi,I'm so happy about ur approval..and thnks for posting here about ur experience.I hve a question here about the medical interview, my fiance called the NVC to get our case number coz untill now we havent get any notice after the hard copy of NOA2 that our petition was approved.Luckily my finacee was able to have the manila case#, can i proceed for my medical as some members shared this is possible but i want to be sure so any of you guys here with the same concern like me? thnk you

Edited by Josteve

Timeline

Congratulations! :dance: We were so happy to read that things are going well for you and the one you love :yes: just want to ask. I got my NBI clearance w/o AKA.. So it means its not valid? :(

sorry for not being clear with the AKA, my fiance's birth certificate have different last name from the NBI, example. on her Birth her name is this "jenny lyn d**** eva***" then on her NBI "jenny lyn d**** bal******", she is now leaving with step dad. on her birth cert she have the real dad last name and she is a late register, and on nbi she have the step dad last name, we received the 221g NBI WITH AKA, they just wanted a new NBI WITH HER 2 names, jenny lyn d e aka jenny lyn d b...

does this make sense??

event.png

event.png

Timeline

sorry for not being clear with the AKA, my fiance's birth certificate have different last name from the NBI, example. on her Birth her name is this "jenny lyn d**** eva***" then on her NBI "jenny lyn d**** bal******", she is now leaving with step dad. on her birth cert she have the real dad last name and she is a late register, and on nbi she have the step dad last name, we received the 221g NBI WITH AKA, they just wanted a new NBI WITH HER 2 names, jenny lyn d e aka jenny lyn d b...

does this make sense??

Oh.. ok... I understand now.. Thank you.. :)

We hope things will continue to go well for you both.. Congratulations and Best wishes.. :)

Happy trip :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Timeline

yes u can, fill up the pre registration form for the st lukes medical exam, and just bring the required documents and you will be fine.

thnks a lot for the great info..one more question..do i need to pay first of my visa and set an interview appointment? or have my medical first before setting an interview appointment? thnks alot again..

thnks a lot for the great info..one more question..do i need to pay first of my visa and set an interview appointment? or have my medical first before setting an interview appointment? thnks alot again..

u can do before and after.., tho if you do your medical before you need the nvc letter with ur manila cse no. Which will take two weeks or never (like me nvc never sent us the hard copy letter) other members here said they do it with noa2 hard copy but i'm not really sure if it works but if u do the medical after u pay and set up your interview .. U only need the appointment comfirmation from the embassy print it and make two copies one for ur medical (another one for inteview) together with ur printed online registration from st. Luke's website.

-cath

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Timeline

yes u can, fill up the pre registration form for the st lukes medical exam, and just bring the required documents and you will be fine.

congrats! that was a good review! :thumbs: is it allowed for the petitioner (USC) to bring cellphone inside the embassy? coz my fiance will also be there w/ me on my interview & he wanted to bring his cellphone. Im aware that we (beneficiaries) are not allowed to bring any electronic gadgets, just not sure for the USC's :unsure: thanks in advance!

05/14/2012 - I-129f sent to USCIS
05/21/2012 - NOA1
08/13/2012 - NOA2 approved! :)
08/20/2012 - NVC received our approved petition
08/27/2012 - got our MNL case # thru phone
09/10/2012 - case left NVC to USem Manila
09/18/2012 - USem Manila received our case
09/19/2012 - Medical exam passed! :)
10/11/2012 - CFO seminar done
10/29/2012 - USem interview APPROVED! :D
11/05/2012 - visa on hand

11/09/2012 - arrived in US

03/11/2013 - filed aos

10/15/2013 - aos approved with no interview

10/23/2013 - 2 yr GC on hand

--TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY--

Timeline

u can do before and after.., tho if you do your medical before you need the nvc letter with ur manila cse no. Which will take two weeks or never (like me nvc never sent us the hard copy letter) other members here said they do it with noa2 hard copy but i'm not really sure if it works but if u do the medical after u pay and set up your interview .. U only need the appointment comfirmation from the embassy print it and make two copies one for ur medical (another one for inteview) together with ur printed online registration from st. Luke's website.

-cath

ok thnks a lot for that great info again..it's better then that ill set an interview appointment b4 my medical so at least i have the appointment letter to be presented at st.lukes..

Timeline

congrats! that was a good review! :thumbs: is it allowed for the petitioner (USC) to bring cellphone inside the embassy? coz my fiance will also be there w/ me on my interview & he wanted to bring his cellphone. Im aware that we (beneficiaries) are not allowed to bring any electronic gadgets, just not sure for the USC's :unsure: thanks in advance!

u can't take cellphones inside.USC CAN't take cellphone either, u will leave it at the security and they will give you a number for you ID with your phone

event.png

event.png

Congrats and welcome to US soon!! :dance: :dance:

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.