Bromero

Initial Review

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi again! I searched for what happens during the IR and it seems like it's anybody's guess. My question is I know they do a lot of background check, but what about fact checking? I ask because in my continuation sheet I described the times we met, the trips we planned and booked tickets for upcoming, and I mentioned (because I was all puppies and unicorns) that we had just sent our deposit to our wedding venue. However, about two weeks later my mom (aka the bank) decides she is not paying for the wedding so I had the cancel. Now I'm worried that someone might go through the hassle of calling/ contacting the wedding coordinator and her being like "um, yeah she cancelled it long time ago" and it looks like we just sent the deposit for the visa and then cancelled it. Am I being paranoid with too much free time to worry or is this an issue? I can handle an RFE, already mentally preparing myself for that since I messed up a form but just thinking flat out denial.

Edited by Bromero

Our Timeline

Nov. 6, 2010 ~ Met playing Left 4 Dead 2!

Nov. 21, 2010 ~ Made it Facebook official ;)

Jan. 18, 2011 ~ Held hands for the first time on U.S. soil

July 26, 2011 ~ Met his family in Canada

July 30, 2011 ~ A question, a ring, a puppy, and a YES!

Sept. 19, 2012 ~ Overnighted I-129F packet

Sept. 30, 2012 ~ NOA1 received, dated 9/21

Every day since ~ In love, in waiting, impatient!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

They will absolutely not contact your wedding coordinator.

Lol I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did. Thank you! I figured not, seems like a big hassle to go through over one petition of so many but I'm going bananas waiting. I've neve rbeen good at waiting. I'm good and planning and obsessing, but not waiting. :)

Our Timeline

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hang in there. I just eventually just tried to forget about my application cause the wait was makin my insane in the beginning

Lol I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did. Thank you! I figured not, seems like a big hassle to go through over one petition of so many but I'm going bananas waiting. I've neve rbeen good at waiting. I'm good and planning and obsessing, but not waiting. :)

Timeline

nah, I think you are getting too paranoid over this. :wacko:

Haha just a little x.x I'm going crazy waiting. I cannot imagine how everybody else feels when I'm just a newborn in this arduous process =/ I wish my fiance didn't have to go to bed 3 hours before me! That's three hours of me stalking these forums my blood pressure could deal without

Our Timeline

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.