spacejockey1979

Erratic period right before St. Luke's EXAM

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The St. Luke's website says no exam during menstruation, but the Department of State website says its ok to have the exam during a period. As far as I can tell the Philippines is pretty much the only country that doesnt want you having a period during the medical.

My GF has an erratic period, and even though she finished less than 2 weeks ago she thinks she may be starting again today, her appointment at St Luke's is tomorrow. Would it be ok if she still does the medical tomorrow? We are on a tight timetable now and delays would seriously mess up our scheduling. Are they searching for something specifically that would be messed up by having a period or what? We are thinking of just going for it, then if anything happens say we are surprised by it, because quite franky we are surprised by it.

Thoughts, suggestions?

hi iam so sorry to hear that but st. lukes is so strict when it comes to the period, you can lie to them that you didnt know that you got your period that same day of her medical but they WONT make a physical exam. on you're GF as well as the immunization.... coz in physical exam. they will look at the private area and the doctors doesn't want to see the red stuff.... and not allowed to get immunization when you have period

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will be able to complete everything except physical exam. She will have to come back after her period is over for Physical exam and vacinations. I would still have her go because when she returns after period is over she will have a short second day of just physical exam , vacinations and get her results . It also depends on her location and how easy it is to get to St Lukes as the period will likely delay the physical exam one week from the first day of medical so exspenses could make it not worth while.

Edited by Dolly&Dan

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Timeline

Hi.. I would agree to what other members said.. before I had my medical I been trying to call saint lukes. I even informed them that I might have my period on my medical. I asked them if I can still have my medical and they said yes except physical.. so on the day of my medical at saint lukes, it was my last day of my period luckily that I got my physical exam same day and the next day got my immunization..

Maybe it depends of how strong does your mens during the medical. I'm not sure though.. you can correct me if I'm wrong..

If your GF lives around Metro Manila, it's fine to go on with her medical even during her period, although she'll not carry on to have the physical exam and immunizations - it wouldn't be much of a hassle to just come back in a few days or so until she clears up and have the rest of the medical done. Yes your timeline will be delayed a bit but it is what it is.

But if she has to travel long to Manila, and to go to her medical while on her period would still end up that she'd still have to wait and/or come back, kill the day and stay in a hotel, alone and around an unfamiliar place, so save yourselves the trip, hassle, expenses and of course the time, go when she doesn't have her period and get everything done once and for all :)

Good luck!

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Timeline

hi guys especially to spacejockey thanks for posting this question, i didnt know anything about periods being a hindrance to the PE, i mean if its not "gushing" then they can still do the PE unless they insert a speculum inside her which i doubt they will..this doesnt make sense :_(

well my period is erratic too sometimes its early sometimes its late sometimes it doesnt happen, will that be a problem? its supposed to arrive any day now though

sorry dont mean to gross anyone out, by the way.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ macadamias

You can consult your OB-Gyne if you can take contraceptive pills to regulate and normalize your period.

This will not only help you during your physical exam at SLEC but also when the time comes that you want to conceive and get pregnant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.